Christmas Vacation Touring Strategy

KNUTE

Earning My Ears
My family will be visiting WDW 12-22 to 12-29 this year. We expect huge crowds and would like a general idea on how to navigate the parks efficeintly. We will not be in any parks on Christmas Day and are staying at ASMO. Have visited WDW in Feb 02 & Jan 03 (MLK weekend). I have a (DW) and two darling children (DD age 3 & 12). I know to get to the parks early but would like ideas on what things to do that may not be so crowd sensitive.

We just did almost your exact dates this past Christmas. I have a daily trip report at the link below my name that might provide some help.

We loved it in Disney during Christmas, and by arriving early and using fast pass we did every attraction and show that we wanted, and had a great time.

We have small children (6 & 4), so we were always ready for that mid day break by the time the crowds arrived (and arrive in full they did! But the early mornings were GREAT!) Make the most of your touring days before Christmas. From Christmas on it is even busier!

If you have any specific questions, I'd be glad to answer!

Happy Planning!

DW and I went from 12/22-12/27 of this year. Before Dec 25 the crowds were manageable. Get as much done before 12/25 as possible. I recommend doing MK and MGM before Christmas as they tend to be the most crowded after Christmas (Epcot is bigger and not as kid friendly and AK still doesn't have as many people wanting to see it as the other parks).

Get to parks early, use Fastpass as much as possible, and take advantage of the later hours. Don't be afraid to leave for a few hours in the middle of the day and nap. After dinner the crowds tend to thin out a little bit.

Have a plan of action for which rides are most important to you and when to try to do them. Do the major rides first. Test Track had 2-3 hour waits by lunch and all FPs had been distibuted by then. You may have to criss-cross the park a few times in the AM but you'll be glad by noon that you've gotten the major rides out of the way without too long a wait. All that being said, be FLEXIBLE and understand that your plans are not rigid and will have to change depending on what else is happening.

Make PS for all sit down meals. Book any shows (Cirque, Luau, Hoop-de-Doo) early.

If you realize you can't do/see everything and just enjoy the atmosphere you should have a wonderful time.

Best advise make your PS early, be flexible and enjoy your time at WDW. As other have said you will not see it all, use Early Entry and have fun.

We were at WDW this past year 12/21 -12/26.

We made all our PS based on Park hours and at the last minute they extended the hours which was great, but made EE 7 AM at the parks.

It was a little tuff to get the kids 6&10 going that early,
but worth it.,
At MK they rode Buzz 5 times between 7:45 & 8 AM.

Have a great trip.........

Get to the parks EARLY, EARLY, EARLY!
Use that FASTPASS, FASTPASS, FASTPASS!
Make those important PS'S,PS'S, PS'S! ;) ;) ;)

We went this past Christmas from 12/23 -12/29. It was wonderful until 12/26. I would do the MK before Christmas, as it is way too crowded from 12/25 on. Make sure to have PS before you leave home. Try to do the Candlelight Processional - we were going on Christmas eve and got rained out. Make sure to see the Osborne Lights at MGM, just don't go when they first turn them on, it's less crowded later. We went to MGM on Christmas Day and it was fine. You will have the most magical time!!!

We were at MK on 12/25/02. We didn't go to ride, just to see how crazy it would be. As we made our way down Main St. we couldn't believe how packed it was. As we made our way through the lands, it didn't seem that awful. Again, we weren't there to ride, but I felt if we had gone early and gotten some FP's we could have enjoyed some attractions. We were there from 12/22-12/26 and found it to be tolerable(except 12/24 at Epcot when there was a torrential downpour:( )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter