Cigarettes,Ice & Stroller News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ice is the only one ppl aren’t thrilled about. My ice to keep baby formula cold doesn’t affect anyone else...giant strollers/wagons & 2nd hand smoke does. I’d be glad to use ice packs b/c they’re much more efficient & less messy. That’s all we use at home, but they took away the freezer in the rooms.
I believe they have said that you can always get ice in the baby centers, no?

People will smoke, this will just make them go stealth. Sounds like a lot of Smokey bathrooms to me. They need to upgrade the refrigerators in the rooms with an actual freezer that can freeze ice packs
People who are caught are removed from the parks for the day without refund, if they are repeat offenders (i.e. passholders for example), they risk the remainder of their admission media being revoked without refund and a possible ban from the parks.

I do agree about the freezer part though, but since we normally stay at DVC, we are fine there.

Haven't read through the whole thread, but could I still take a small, soft cooler into the water parks with a few sodas in it?
Yes, as long as you either have ice packs or wait to put ice in it after getting through security by asking for it at counter service locations.

I never understood why they took away the DSA near the Speedway..

Simple: It affected people on the ride and since there are people who are allergic to cigarette smoke that normally would walk around the smoking areas, it meant that the attraction was inaccessible to them. Since the DSA is a policy item that can be easily changed, this would actually violate the ADA and lawsuits could have occurred had it remained after Disney was informed it was an issue.

Doubtful. A typical ECV without anyone in it is only a few inches shorter than a Keenz. People walk into those all the time, because they don't "see" it.
Exactly, even when the ECV is parked off to the side, people run into it and curse out the person in the ECV.

I believe they have said that you can always get ice in the baby centers, no?

The problem is keeping the breast milk or formula cold until you get to the closest counter service place. I've been stuck on some pretty long bus rides/security lines (looking at you Animal Kingdom traffic jam). I wonder if say a nalgene bottle (or other refillable water bottle) filled with ice would be ok. Not trying to circumvent Disney rules just trying to problem solve.

To be clear, the Designated Smoking Areas are NOT gone. Not until each park closes on April 30.

I'm confused why do many posters assume this. Once advised of the smoke-free policy, why are so many posters so sure that smokers will smoke wherever?
I imagine we are going to see Disney going back to really enforcing the smoke-free policy, under the rules someone smoking in the parks can be removed from the park and potentially have the admission revoked with no refunds. Do that a few times, get it high enough profile to let people know you are serious and you won't see people trying to get away with it.

That's not a "wagon stroller" but a regular wagon. Wagon strollers can be pushed and not just pulled. If it makes you feel any better, wagons have been banned for a long time so this new rule doesn't really affect you.
They did a very poor job of keeping them out. I saw regular, tradition wagons in the park every trip for the past couple of years. I'm sure some were stopped but just as many were allowed in

The problem is keeping the breast milk or formula cold until you get to the closest counter service place. I've been stuck on some pretty long bus rides/security lines (looking at you Animal Kingdom traffic jam). I wonder if say a nalgene bottle (or other refillable water bottle) filled with ice would be ok. Not trying to circumvent Disney rules just trying to problem solve.
You can ask bell services to freeze your reuseable freezer packs.
What I meant was, baby care centers have always had ways to keep things cold and/or help with this.
This change actually wouldn't have to have any impact for babies.
At least that's what I've been told
That keeping things cold is one of the things provided in the centers.

FWIW....it was just announced on a cable news channel. It will probably be on the national evening news as well. I hope there will be plenty of signage before entering the parks.

In all the years I've been going to WDW I never encountered smokers in the women's bathroom. I hope it stays that way.

ETA....The link in my signature has helpful info....Tobacco Free Florida.

Last edited:
I never understood why they took away the DSA near the Speedway. Keep all the times in one are
Until/unless somebody knows differently, Disney sells cigarettes.
Isn't that path closed?

And yes, they do sell cigarettes. At least in the resorts gift shops

FWIW....it was just announced on a cable news channel. It will probably be on the national evening news as well. I hope there will be plenty of signage before entering the parks.

In all the years I've been going to WDW I never encountered smokers in the women's bathroom. I hope it stays that way.
And something like every other post on FB has been about it. I think because of this wagon company specifically it's big news.

I agree about the bathrooms too. Considering I use them every 30 min, I've been in them A LOT!

Disneyland's smoking ban includes Disneyland, Disney's California adventure, Downtown Disney, and the esplanade. The smoking area is going to be on the Harbor Blvd side and the hotels will still have their smoking areas. Disneyland would have lost its lone smoking area anyway. It's on what will be the path to the Star Wars stuff.

Note that the San Diego Zoo, Dodger Stadium, and Legoland are already smoke free out there.

If it doesn’t produce vapor at all, there’s no way for anyone to actually know you’re vaping if you’re using one of the small ones and in no way does it affect anyone but you. Would I walk around the park using it? No, but a well timed bathroom break would work. They aren’t going to have cameras in the stalls...at least not yet.:)

They really are undetectable. My kids are teachers and they’ve learned the signals that they’re being used. Kids will vape right in class and they can’t tell by smell or sight.

Yeah I'm not the type of person to just do it when it's not allowed, not my style. If I have to with no other options, I'll go with the gum or some snus if I really have to, but I normally don't stop that much anyway.

I’ve taken the keys to the kingdom tour and been down in the utildoors, I bet the cm’s will still have dsa’s available for them. I was in our local hospital for a few days which was a “smoke free campus” and could smell the smoke from my room. One of the nurses said there was a smoking lounge for some employees because the hospital wouldn’t be able to fill the positions without it

You could bring some ziploc bags and fill with ice from your hotel. If come to find out that ice in ziploc bags aren't allowed, empty before security and refill once inside the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter