• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cinderella outside of the Castle?

crazymomof4

DIS Veteran
I've never had a daughter in WDW so I have to start thinking of things that she would want to see. Besides the character meals inside the Castle and the parade is there anywhere else to see Cindy? She is currently my DD (2yo)'s favorite but of course, that could change in the next 6 months.

Yes! We've seen her, along with Prince Charming and some of the mice (Susie etc.) at the Meet and Greet area in Toontown. There are 3 lines, each for a different group of characters. One line might be for Pooh and friends, one for Cinderella and her group, etc. I don't think she's always there, but she's at least there part of the time.

Is it true that there's a Cinderella dinner at 1900 Park Fair at the Grand Floridian now, or did I imagine hearing that? If so, that's awesome news...a place to see her without even going into the parks. We often have a character dinner on our arrival day so that we can get into the spirit without using a park ticket.

Edit: I didn't imagine it! This is from Deb Wills' web page at http://www.wdwig.com:

Dinner - Cinderella's Gala Feast began January 5, 2003. Regulars include Cinderella and Prince Charming (in the lobby only), Suzy and Perla, and the Fairy Godmother. Price for adults is $23.99 and for children ages 3-11 $10.99 (which includes dessert and a non-alcoholic beverage.

We have always found Cinderella at Mickey's toon town fair County Bounty as the previous poster suggests. We have been to WDW 3 times in the last 2 years and Cinderella and her mice are always there when we are.

We also have been lucky to find Cinderella in her Castle sometimes in the afternoon or evening in the lobby greeting those going to the castle dinner. Just go peek in the lobby and see if she is on her throne whenever you are near the castle. If she is, go on in. The line usually isn't very long either.

Have a great trip.

my Dh and I saw her at toon town fair area with Suzy and chip and dale.

Originally posted by Barb D

Is it true that there's a Cinderella dinner at 1900 Park Fair at the Grand Floridian now, or did I imagine hearing that? If so, that's awesome news...a place to see her without even going into the parks. We often have a character dinner on our arrival day so that we can get into the spirit without using a park ticket.
/QUOTE]

Yes - it's true. We did this 3 weeks ago. If you time it right you can do dinner and than go out on the beach to watch the Water Parade. Our plane landed at 5:30pm and this is how we kicked off our trip.

It was lots of fun. The food was good too!

You can also see her in Cinderella's Surprise Castle Show at the Magic Kingdom. The show is performed in front of the castle several times daily and includes Cinderella and the other princesses singing and dancing.

After the show they advertise that you can meet the characters, but note that it will be other Disney characters like Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, etc. The princesses from the show do NOT attend the meet and greet.

If you want to meet Cinderella be sure to visit the Toontown Hall of Fame, as others have mentioned, or try one of the character meals.

Have fun!

Thanks to everyone for your replies. Keeping these suggestions in mind, I'm sure we will meet Cinderella at least once during our trip.:D

Don't forget all of the other princesses. The character breakfast in Norway is great for meeting a lot of princesses (Mulan, Mary Poppins, Belle, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Alice) Jasmine can usually be found in Moracco (sp). Though not a princess, Lilo w/ Stitch) can be found in front of the castle (MK) and at the intersection where the road goes off the main to Camp Mickie Minnie in AK. For the last 6 months characters are more than plentiful through out the parks. By the end of the week my 4 yr old DD was literally running away to avoid them (actually to avoid Dad from taking a picture of her with every character in WDW).

Yes, I suppose I'd better not be narrowed down to Cinderella only. DD is nuts for her now (only because of watching the movie about 20 times!) but her favorite could change several times by Sept. The Tee shirt I just bought her for the trip has all the Princesses on it. So I have my bases covered there.
Thanks for the tips!:)

We just got back from WDW yesterday (3/11) and we met Cinderella to the right of the Photo pick up (right before the train station exit). She was there from opening to when we left at 12:30pm (she must have taken some breaks during that time, though). There was hardly a line as she was in the shade and people coming INTO the park through the right hand entrance came in looking into the front hub at Mickey Mouse. We happened to see her on the way out!

Good Luck!

Karen

We just got back too. We did the Cinderella breakfast and saw the Cinderella's Surprise Celebration show. That show is underrated. It's a really good show! Anyway we did one other thing. We knew we'd be seeing Cinderella so we had the kids color pictures for her. I added a note with whatever the kids wanted me to say, and included their names, ages and address. Cinderella acted like this was the best gift she'd ever received. Even as she left the breakfast, she waved the papers at the kids so they'd know she was taking them with her. I'm hoping that we might receive an autographed picture or something from her.

Our DD was 3 last trip and a TOTAL Cinderella freak. We were in for such a surprise! At toon town, she shook hands quickly with Cinderella and ran as fast as she could to the girl mouse and would NOT let go. She hugged that mouse with her face burried in her for at least 3 minutes. I'd go to peel her off and the mousey girl wouldn't let me. I am such a sap - I teared up then and I am now too. It was SO precious.

can't wait for the surprises this trip. DS is currently into cinella at 2yrs. Although that means ALL the pretty girls. Mostly, I think, Belle. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter