Cinq-0 avec Monsieur Mouse - enfin terminé!!

We headed back to the hotel about 9:30am for breakfast, we'd worked up quite an appetite by now and it was delicious.

Afterwards I popped into Cafe Fantasia to take some photos while it was empty.

DLP78.jpg

DLP79.jpg

DLP80.jpg

DLP81.jpg

I wouldn't mind having this wallpaper and curtains in my lounge! :rotfl:

DLP82.jpg

Note the birthday badge :rotfl2: my DDs had given me one and insisted I wore it. I had lots of bon anniversaire wishes and even a couple of kisses! :rotfl:

DLP83.jpg

We headed over to the Studios and straight to Toy Story Playland. I hadn't been overwhelmed by the concept art for this so was unsure whether I'd like it but I LOVED it!

DLP84.jpg

DLP85.jpg

DLP86.jpg

DLP87.jpg

DLP87A.jpg

DLP88.jpg

DLP89.jpg

DLP90.jpg

Looking forward to seeing the Ratatouille ride down this avenue one day :)

DLP91.jpg

We all rode the Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop and liked it :thumbsup2 but only Bryan, Danielle and Francesca were brave enough for RC Racer - Samantha and I are the wimps of the family!

The weather was absolutely gorgeous, if anything a bit too hot, so we escaped the heat for a bit by watching Cinemagique love this :love: and riding Tower of Terror a few times using the hotel fast pass, the one we'd collected earlier on our way to Toy Story Playland, and just going in the standby queue which was only 5 minutes or so.

It was so hot that we decided to head back to our hotel for a rest. We bought a selection of refreshing drinks from Hollywood and Vine

DLP92.jpg

and took them over to the Fantasia Gardens where we relaxed in a gazebo and sampled them all, we all agreed the favourite was Splash.

DLP93.jpg

We wandered through to the front entrance of the Disneyland Hotel as I wanted to take photos of the topiaries

DLP94.jpg

DLP95.jpg

DLP96.jpg

then made our way up to our rooms to have a rest and shower/change before our evening meal.

We headed down to Inventions for our meal at 6pm.

We were given our usual seat with a view of the Castle :cloud9: and as always, the food was absolutely delicious mmmmmmmmm. :goodvibes

The cocktails consumed were Tequila Sunrises for me

DLP98.jpg

and Pina Coladas for Bryan and Samantha.

DLP97.jpg

We were visited by these characters.

DLP99.jpg

DLP100.jpg

DLP101.jpg

DLP102.jpg

DLP103.jpg

DLP104.jpg

DLP105.jpg

DLP106.jpg

Sally (sleepsox) :wave2: and her family were dining at the table behind us so it was nice to have a chat about what we'd both been doing that day.

I didn't bother with a birthday cake as I'd wanted room for all those yummy desserts and they didn't disappoint although I was a bit horrified at one point as I actually saw a grown woman stick her hand in the fruit salad. :scared1: I think one has to accept that at buffets some children may not always use the serving utensils correctly but adults??? :confused3 :scared:

Anyhow, the meal really was lovely and after we'd paid the bill (thank goodness for 15% shareholders discount), we wandered down to the shop where earlier in the day I'd chosen my birthday present, a Robin Hood ornament. I was so excited as I'd wanted this for a long time and it always seems to be unavailable in the UK and here it was at DLP - obviously it was just meant to be! I'll take a photo later and post it.

When we got back to our room the beds had been turned down and chocolate coins left.

We decided we'd go down to Cafe Fantasia for a drink but Danielle and Francesca chose to stay and watch TV and eat the coins.

DLP107.jpg

DLP112.jpg

DLP113.jpg

DLP113A.jpg

More cocktail sampling took place ;) this is a Symphonie

DLP108.jpg

and this is a Sol Majeur

DLP109.jpg

and this is what I'd wished for, to be sat in the Pink Palace on my 50th with a Glowtini!

DLP110.jpg

DLP111.jpg

DLP114.jpg

DLP115.jpg

I decided to take some photos of the ground floor whilst it was quiet.

DLP116.jpg

DLP117.jpg

DLP117A.jpg

DLP118.jpg

DLP119.jpg

Now whether this was down to one too many glowtinis but I decided I wanted to take a photo of Mickey's paving tile so out into the rain we went! :rotfl:

DLP120.jpg

DLP121.jpg

DLP121A.jpg

By the time we went back inside it was empty

DLP122.jpg

so we decided to call it a night (what a perfect day it had been. :cloud9: )

DLP123.jpg

Love this wallpaper :love:

DLP124.jpg
#

and this is a photo of my Robin Hood ornament. :love:

DSCF0465_450_x_600_.jpg

I would say that sounds like the perfect birthday!!! :cloud9:

Sunshine, Disney, Cocktails, Disney, Inventions, Cocktails, Disney...! :goodvibes

And I LOVE Robin Hood! :lovestruc

Just reading through TRs to get myself (even more) excited for my trip in Jan :thumbsup2

I've really enjoyed reading along; great photos, you really look like you are all enjoying yourselves :goodvibes

:sad1: A sad day today as we've got to go home. :sad1:

It was still raining when I woke but by the time we'd been down for breakfast it had stopped and the sun was out. I took a couple of last photos out of the window

DLP125.jpg

DLP126.jpg

then we finished packing, checked out and put our cases in left-luggage.

We headed over to the Studios where Bryan, Danielle and Francesca rode Crush. Samantha and I aren't keen on it so we wandered around taking photos.

DLP127.jpg

DLP128.jpg

DLP129.jpg

We all rode Tower of Terror for the last time then it was over to the main park, getting a quick ride in on Big Thunder Mountain before heading over to Adventureland

DLP130.jpg

DLP131.jpg

DLP132.jpg

and riding Pirates of the Caribbean twice

DLP133.jpg

before it was time for our lunch at the Blue Lagoon.

Yay, our luck was in and we were seated by the beach.

First up were Captain's Mai Tais for the adults

DLP134.jpg

DLP135.jpg

DLP136.jpg

then for her starter Samantha had Pirates of the Caribbean Shrimp, pineapple, avocado & hearts of palm with a mango vinaigrette

DLP137.jpg

Bryan chose Crevettes Blue Lagoon Shrimp, coconut & ginger cocktail and vegetable pickle

DLP138.jpg

while I chose Crab Key Crab mold with avocado cream and grapefruit.

DLP139.jpg

All were delicious. :thumbsup2

Then onto the mains ..... Samantha, Danielle and Francesca all had Poulet "Freres de la Cote" Caribbean chicken Colombo, coconut flakes and fragrant rice

DLP140.jpg

Bryan chose Grillade "Flibustier" Grilled swordfish with Caribbean sauce, mango salsa and fragrant rice

DLP141.jpg

and I chose Autruche des Tropiques Flambeed ostrich steak, Hawaiian sauce, manioc chips and vegetables.

DLP143.jpg

DLP142.jpg

Again, all were delicious. :)

We then forced ourselves to have dessert ;)

Bryan, Samantha and Danielle all chose L'ile au tresor Moist chocolate cake, pineapple carpaccio and rum-raisin ice-cream

DLP144.jpg

and of course I had to have Creme brulee du gouverneur Creme brulee with island vanilla and Francesca also chose this.

DLP145.jpg

DLP146.jpg

Mmmmm what a lovely time we had. I know there are sometimes very poor reviews for the Blue Lagoon but it's never disappointed us.

There were just a couple of hours left so we managed another ride on Pirates of the Caribbean, Phantom Manor and Big Thunder Mountain before a quick visit to the dragon.

DLP147.jpg

I did miss not being able to go upstairs in the Castle gallery so will look forward to doing that next summer.

My lovely husband :love: then took me into Harringtons and treated me to an Arribas Brothers bracelet and the girls bought me some earrings.

Then it was time for one last look at the Castle

DLP148.jpg

before going back to the Disneyland Hotel and waiting for our car to arrive to take us to Orly.

We had a pleasant flight and it made a change for it to be in daylight, it's normally dark when we come back.

DLP149.jpg

I live in hope that one day I'll see one of the Disney fleet docked here! :goodvibes

DLP150.jpg

We'd booked a car to collect us and we were home within 40 minutes, the next day we picked up the dogs from the kennels and, being the good mum that I am, I sent Danielle into school for some GCSE revision!

This has been the shortest holiday I've ever been on but it's also been one of the best. I'm so lucky to have been able to celebrate it at one of my favourite places and with all my family.

Here's some of our souvenirs from this trip -

a set of 6 wine glasses

DSCF0476_450_x_600_.jpg

love the design on this T-shirt

DSCF0464_600_x_450_.jpg

I don't bother with pin trading but just buy pins that I like

DSCF0472_600_x_450_.jpg

I'd really wanted a hoodie with the 'I Mickey Head MK' design but couldn't find one anywhere in my size, they were either too large or too small, so consoled myself with a pair of socks .....

DSCF0468_600_x_450_.jpg

and a mug .....

DSCF0471_600_x_450_.jpg

and Samantha bought the cushion to match!

DSCF0467_600_x_450_.jpg

Here's my bracelet and earrings from DH and the girls.

DSCF0511_600_x_450_.jpg

So that's it now until next summer. We've been and gone to Rome, totally fell in love with the place :love: and very nearly booked to go back but the 20th celebration at DLP is calling and I just can't resist :blush:

Oh, and don't forget DH did break my Mickey ice-cream scoop so I need to go back to replace it ..... as if I needed an excuse! :rotfl2:

Thank you for reading. :goodvibes

Wonderful trip report
I have really enjoyed it :thumbsup2
Hope you get to go back to DLP soon so that you can enjoy a trip and we can all enjoy another TR :)

I've finally caught up with this.

You all looked like you had a lovely time :goodvibes Your dd's still look happy to be there and how nice to be at the DLH for your birthday :love:

The weather was good to you - I think that's around the dates we're thinking of going now, and nice to see it wasn't too busy.

Thanks for posting, roll on the next one :goodvibes

What a lovely trip, reading the end of this report has taken me right back to our trip last May/June

Just read your TR Elaine!

What a wonderful time you all had! Thanks so much for sharing adn such great details and photos. :)

fabulous trip report and photos! really enjoyed reading. i love you photos of all the little details at the hotel, looks amazing.
love your purchases and your robin hood figurine, i love that one! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter