Circle Journal COMPLETE

MazdaUK

<font color=green>Curse this time difference!<br><
Hi everyone! Welcome to the first CJ I've hosted (and only the second I've taken part in) - so if anything doesn't make sense please do ask and between us we'll work out what I mean
First mailing date is February 15
Books can be no larger then 8.5x11 or 11x8.5, no smaller than 6x6
Any theme - but you must post the theme on sign-up (or soon after)

Each group is limited to 12 people. If there is enough interest I will start a
2nd group.

Please PM me with your name, address, email, and if you'd like to mail to a certain person (for example, they live close to you) - that will help us plan the route! Although you don't have to have done a CJ before, you DO need to have swapped before on these boards - as in signed up and sent off your elements (recieved safely by hostess). This is because we are sending books around, and we want everyone to be confident that their precious albums will make it home. This is NO reflection on any individual - some of us have been burnt in the past by people going MIA, and this is quite a commitment in time and funds (with the album and postage and all).

What to do

First - pick a theme, it can be Disney or non-Disney, but it must be something everyone could reasonably contribute to (no sky-diving or shark-swimming please!)

Next - choose your book (You can wait and get a bargain if you like!) 8x8 works well for most people

Once your book and theme have been confirmed (i.e. registered on the list) you can get creative and make your title page (self-explanatory) and sign-up pages. This is a double-page spread explaining the theme of the book, any "rules" (Like no frogs) and providing space for each person to sign in with their real name, dis name and location, plus a photo. This is often tags (tucked into pockets) but can also be matchbooks or anything else which you come up with - but it helps if the sign-up spaces are detatchable, as I don't receive the books (because of the postage), I just send my pages and sign-up to my swap buddy (who sends me the tag when she gets the book). This way I don't hold any books up and no-one gets lumbered with too much postage to and fro across the Atlantic.

EXTRA FUN to help the waiting til we get our books back, once you've done your spread in a book send the OWNER a postcard from where you live (either your current home town/state, or where you originally came from if you prefer) - that way we all know how far our books have got and we get that regular trickle of fun mail

That's it - feel free to sign up!!

I have my book back

:tinker: MazdaUK 8x8 "That takes me back"
:cat: DisneyIsTerrific 8x8 "Cupcakes, cookies and more"
:dogdance: rlovew 8x8 "Favourite Disney meal and a recipe from it"
:cheer2: jennyL - 8x8 "Recipe Rehash"
:sulley: Nemomom 11 x 8.5 "Scrap Your Space"
pluto: ArizonaRita "Getting to know you (Disney style)"
:flower3: Believen 8x8 "Joy"
pixiedust: catinthehat35 8x8 "Disney Favourites"
:bounce: Tinkerbean "What makes you smile"
::MinnieMo ohana4 "Chocolate"
pirate: AlexWyattMommy 8x8 "Favourite meal featuring Favourite Disney Character"
princess: morgansmom2000 6 x 12 "Favourite Disney photo"
:daisy: Partyof3 8x8 "What makes you happy"

I wanna play!!!! Please sign me up. My theme will be "Cupcakes, Cookies, and More"! It'll be a recipe book of favorite recipes for cupcakes, cookies, cakes, pies, etc.! YUM!!!

good one DIT! i wanna play i'm just not too sure. i've never done it before. and don't know what to do about a theme???

good one DIT! i wanna play i'm just not too sure. i've never done it before. and don't know what to do about a theme???

I've never done one either PO3, but I'll learn as I go!!! Come on, join in! A theme will come to you. I couldn't think of one either, but then my bff gave me my Christmas gift and it was all themed to cupcakes and then it just clicked for a theme!

Sign-up now and then think of a theme. I'm sure Mazda will let you think about it a bit longer! Come on, do it, do it, do it........:goodvibes

I am joining in- I am still thinking about a theme- maybe favorite Disney meal and recipe- tell me about your favorite disney dining experience and add in a recipe for something for the meal.

Unless we get a bunch more from FL I can mail to Disney is Terrific as she is not that far from me- I know she is mailing to Mazda, or she can mail to me after getting things back from Mazda.

I will help you set up a yahoo group once we have the sign-ups.

Rebecca

I'm in but still thinking of my theme. I was thinking of something recipe related too but since we already have some food my other thought was something for you favorite scrapbooking technique. That way I'd have lots of ideas when the book came back to me.

Sign me up. My theme will be Scrap Your Space. Just show off your scrap room, what is your favorite thing, plus I will be having a traveling companion that I would like you to take your picture with and a pic in your favorite area. :goodvibes Not sure of the book size yet. I live in Leland, NC. I see JennyL is near by so we may be good to start off with in mailing.

Can anyone post a pic of the double page spread? I would like to see some examples on that one,since this will be my first CJ and I want to make sure I make it correctly before it heads out for it journey.

I'm in but still thinking of my theme. I was thinking of something recipe related too but since we already have some food my other thought was something for you favorite scrapbooking technique. That way I'd have lots of ideas when the book came back to me.

You can do food too- after all you won't even see all the layouts in the other books. I have done a few of these and i figured I would pull it out more if it had recipes in it.

Rebecca

I would like to sign up. I have not done this before....so I may need some one to help me out. I was thinking something along the lines of favorite recipe...what do you all think

Okay I decided on my album size and I am going with the
11x8.5.This could change if I can not find one I like.

Don't forget to scan a copy of your work in each book. I do that so I have a copy of what I did and I make my own mish mash CJ book.

Forgetting to take photos of my work is what I did a lot. :sad2:

The recipe ideas are okay to have multiples of because even if every page you yourself make in someone else's book is the same layout, each person will only get it one time.

I'm thinking of using jennyL's idea too. I like the thought of seeing different techniques and embellishment ideas. So I may combine that in my book as a rule and go with a getting to know you questionnaire theme.

I'm in! I'm new at this too but there are alot of us newbees in this together! Cool!
I think getting to know you Disney-style may be my theme. And I also would love to see someones pics so I have an idea.
This should be fun!

Am I too late for this? Was working all day and just got home.

If there is room, I'd love to join. I've done 3 CJs and have loved each one!

Still trying to narrow down a topic.

We have one group of 12:banana: I'll extend it to 15, but if it goes over that I'll open a second group and split it in half (IYSWIM)

You don't need to decide your theme until right when you'r making your title page (though its helpful to know in advance in case we get an opportunity to buy embellishments etc in the sale;) )

Its fine for themes to be repeated - as previously said, you only end up with your own book! :)

I forgot to take photos of my pages too:sad2: I will try to take pics of my own which I got back and post those for info, if that would be a help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter