"Cirque Du Soleil" Question

MagicDan

Welcome to Walt Disney World, where dreams come tr
Is La Nuba worth going to when I go to Downtown Disney? I've seen circus shows before, but never a cirque du soleil one. Has anyone been to it before? How long does the show last?

I loved it. our family of 5 have gone twice and it was imo worth every penny. You cant compare it to a regular circus it os a unique experience. one tip i would give is that you really dont have to pay the extra for the front center seats because the theatre is small enough that there are almost no bad seats. i would recommend everyone see it at least once.

La Nouba is extraordinary. We have taken pre teens, teens, & some very dear friends (adults in 40's & early 50's) & everyone was blown away. It is a show of people who are immensely talented-acrobats, jugglers, thrill riders, all sorts of things like that. As everyone says as they are leaving, "you can't really describe it, you just have to go experience it!"
We are going in December & our DD23 & DS25 are going each for the second time. They have been bugging me for years. (And my DS25 is NOT (dare I say it) a real Disney fan at all....!!
Debbie
It does last about 1.5 hours.

one tip i would give is that you really dont have to pay the extra for the front center seats because the theatre is small enough that there are almost no bad seats. i would recommend everyone see it at least once.

I sortof agree! The first time I bought the 'Front and Center seats' and was only about six rows up from the stage. We were too close. It was sort of hard to see everything, we felt like we were always looking sort of up, plus we missed the actors when they first came out, since they come out in that open area between the two levels. The second time we got Category 1 seats, but they were the very first seats in Section 204 on the upper level. We were sitting right where the actors walk around when they first come out and once they were on stage was able to see everything front and center without craning our necks upwards or to the side. They were perfect seats.

I agree with the previous posters, everyone needs to see it at least once. It's worth every penny. Even my then 8 y/o GD sat there for over an 1 1/2 hours spellbound.

Not to hijack the thread, but if you've seen multiple Cirque Du Soleil shows outside of Disney is it still worth it to see La Nouba? I kind of feel like once you've seen Cirque 3-4 times it gets a little redundant...is La Nouba any different/more exciting than most others?

We went to see it and it was so awesome, it is best not to sit in front

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

:) I have seen Allegria and Cirque. I loved both. Cirque is more acrobatic and Allegria is more costumes and music. Not the same at all. They are each so different. But there are only so many ways you can fly around on a curtain...that is never dull and the guy at Cirque is beautiful.

I took my mom to see it a year ago, and we both enjoyed it. I thought it was creative, other-worldly, and packed a great variety of acrobatics into a single show.

It's not an every year show for me, but it is well worth seeing at least once.

Cirque is definately worth seeing. The Chinese girls with the ropes are the best. We tried booking it for Dec. 18 this year and it was already sold out. We can't get tickets that night and we have plans for our other nights. I really want to take my nephew so I might rearrange some things. Go to it. You won't regret it.

Just wondering if you can pick out the seats you want. And what would be good Cat 2 seating?
Thanks! :)

La Nouba is highly recommended. I have seen several of the company's shows & find La Nouba to be the best. I saw one once with a contortionist & a strong man. I could not have imagined anything more icky or boring, but La Nouba doesn't have that. It's very colorful & exciting with highly skilled performers. [Notice the performers in the wheels - no hands!!! Just amazing.]

For the best seats in the house sit BEHIND the break. The 1st or 2nd row behind the break are the best, preferably in the middle.

I called for tickets for our upcoming trip and asked about getting seats higher up in Cat 2. Was told that I could not pick out the seats and had to take what the computer brought up. I checked several different dates and all that came up were seats in the 2nd row in section 101. I passed on all of them for now. :confused3

Has anyone been able to pick your seats and if so where do you call? Or how do you get those seats higher up? :scratchin

Thanks!

You can try and book them online. You can't exactly pick your seats, but if you don't like the suggested seats, there's a button you can click to ask for a different choice of seats.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter