Cirque Du Soleil?????

timkin

Mouseketeer
I hear this show is out of this world. However is it worth $228 for the family of 4 to attend. Does the show always sell out??? Thanks.

hiya timkin,
I was put off by the cost too so we didnt go on our last trip but i'm regretting it now- ive heard such good reviews! not sure how early they sold out- sorry!

Depends on the time of year regarding sellouts. We loved the show. It was just two of us, but it was amazing. I would do it again in a heart beat. There is no bad seat in the house, so getting the least expensive ticket will not diminish your enjoyment. How old are your kids. There's so much going on in the show, I think it would entertain all ages, but definately elementary age kids would love it. I say, go for it, and have a great time!

My kids are 7 and 9. We will be there from Dec 14th to 23rd. I'm sure the 19th to 23rd will sell out early, but what do you think of the days before? How far in advance to purchase tickets. My schedule is slightly flexible. Maybe I could pack BB CDS and Pleasure Island all in one day.

Timkin,

If you search the many threads on these boards about Cirque you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who had anything bad to say about this show. I think it's fabulous and worth every penny. 7 and 9 is not too young to appreciate the show. And the action always keeps going, so they will not get bored. If you can afford the $228 I say go and enjoy. (Of course if you don't have it in your budget and you were thinking of substituting a park day for this I say don't do it).

As for BB, Cirque and PI, it can easily be done in one day. However, are you planning on taking your children to PI? There is not much there for a 7 and 9 year old. Cirque is at DTD, right next to PI, so if you wanted to do PI w/out the kids you would have to take them back to the resort after Cirque and then go back to DTD for PI.

What things are there to do at PI? I just happen to have quite a few plus options left on past hoppers, I wasn't really planning on going to the clubs. Is there a certain time when you have to use your ticket to get in.

PI itself is just clubs. I believe you need a ticket after 7:00 pm. The clubs are great. I love the Adventurer's Club and Comedy Warehouse (improv comedy). They are both a lot of fun but not for young children.

However, there are lots of shops and restaurants at DTD (where Cirque and PI are located). There is a great Lego store, a Ghirardelli Chocolate Shoppe, a HUGE Disney merchandise store, etc. Your kids may like spending some time here. There is also Disney Quest. However, this requires a separate admission and is not one of the plus options on a hopper ticket.

I LOVE cirque! I have been three times, taking various friends/relatives, and everyone has loved it. I wish I could afford it on my next trip in Feb, but . . . I will definitely go again, and your kids should definitely enjoy it.

We are HUGE Cirque fans... I to was put off by the price in the begining. It was here in Orlando for 4 years before my friend took me (since she paid I was happy). I can't even tell you how much that changed my outlook on Cirque. We have since seen La Nouba about 8 times, "O" and Mystere in Las Vegas, and the traveling shows...Varekai (twice), Quidam (twice with tickets for a third), Dralion and Alegria in my opinion it is totally worth it. We have since introduced many of our friends and family to Cirque and have a room in our home dedicated to Cirque souviners. I would highly recommend the show...but beware...it's addictive :)

Just wanted to say that we loved Cirque - but we've been fans of Cirque shows for years. My 6yo DD loved it too, but the 3yo got a little scared and bored.

We were fortunate to go at a time when they offered a discount for the kids - it was much cheaper.

It is one of the best shows at WDW. As above, I have seen -O- and La Nouba twice, Mystere once, they are ALL great. Pricey, but good entertainment is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter