Clearwater-Sheraton Sand Key or Hilton?

BibbidiBobbidiBOO

<font color=green>AKL is my new favorite<br><font
Have the choice of either of these. Both would have balconies, may(but not guaranteed) get a better view at the Hilton for the price range we are looking at though. Sheraton looks more appealing. Any advice?? What is around each hotel? Which is nicer?? We have previously stayed at the Don Cesar at St. Pete Beach. How is a nonbeach view with balcony(over 3rd floor) at Sheraton?
This is only a 3 day trip following WDW in a few weeks. Have both booked at the moment and must cancel one! :confused: Help and thanks!:cool:

We looked at the Sheraton Sand Key when we were planning our vacation this summer. It looks beautiful. We decided to go to Sanibel Island instead, but I am curious to know the answers to your questions for future reference. You also may want to try PMing bsnyder, she is from Tampa and has stayed at most of these Clearwater/St. Pete resorts. Another one she recommended to me in Sarasota is the Colony. Looked lovely.

many tears ago. we had a normal view of the air conditioning, but we didn't stay in the room except to sleep. The beach is gorgeous, a long walk from the hotel. We had a car, so we just drove all over. There is nothingclose excepts more hotes, that I can remember, but for after doing the parks, all I would want is the beach.

We booked the Sheraton Sand Key for a few days between our WDW vacation this summer.

We saw it over the past few years while staying at the Adams Mark and Holiday Inn Sunspree. It looks really nice and I believe there is a small strip mall across the street with a Dunkin Donuts and a few shops............

The area the Hilton is in is more active........we want some R & R and just hanging at the beach...............in which, from my understanding is directly on the beach.............

Thanks for the replies.
It IS on the beach, the sand comes up to the hotel. I have read that part of the beach is wide, so lots of sand to walk through to get to water. mickeyfan, are you sure this is the same place? :confused:
http://www.sheratonsandkey.com/

Yep, same place. the beach is very wide and it takes a hike to get to the water. I would go back there anytime, like I said, we don't care about the room except for sleeping in, we go for the beach.

Can't give you any info on Hilton, but we stayed at the Sheraton Sand Key for several nights in January. We loved it. We had a 7th floor room, facing east...the inland waterway was straight ahead, a Radisson Suites just to the right across the street. One morning we sat on the balcony with binoculars watching a group windsurfing lesson going on in the waterway. I generally prefer a view of the ocean when I am at the beach, but my DH didn't care and we didn't want to spend the extra money having just come from WDW ;) . What I really didn't like about those east-facing rooms was that the one-story conference/restaurant area of the hotel juts out into the parking lot below you on the north end of the east side (if you can follow that :rolleyes: ) ....it's very clean and well maintained freshly painted ...but it IS a view of a roof with HVAC units on it if you look DOWN instead of straight out. I would not want to be too low on that end of that side, it would bug me, but that's me. A view of the beach/pool area on the back (west) side or the beach/Sand Key Park/inlet from ocean to waterway would be preferable to me if I go back. Or as high as possible of on the east side (It's 8 or 9 floors I think) so you can focus on the waterway and skyline beyond ;) instead of roof and parking lot below!
The hotel and the grounds were immaculate and the staff and service were great! The little sundries shop in the hotel has KrispyKremes :teeth: so I never noticed the Dunkin Donuts. There is a restaurant at the far south end of that strip mall that we ate dinner at -and it was excellent...the name escapes me........
The Sand Key Park right next door has grass and trees and picnic areas and some kid's playground equipment... Clearwater Beach is a short drive with all the honky-tonk diversions. But we were there for R n R not action so we only spent a few hours at CwB ...the rest of the time we relaxed at the hotel, ate dinner out, and one day drove south to a place called John's Pass which had lots of shops and restaurants...we had lunch there while watching a dozen or so Dolphin's in the water near a dockside restaurant!
The Sheraton Sand Key is right on the beach..you step off the pool area onto the beach which IS wide. I didn't consider it a hike to the water, maybe a few minute's stroll...LOL :)

Enjoy your vacation :teeth:

Thank you NHAnn! We do just want to relax after WDW(except poor DH has to attend a meeting one day, that is why we tacked on this trip!). DH and I will actually be returning to Clearwater beach for an ALONE trip after this family one:D :cool: ! So I guess I am booking for 2 trips. Unless I can convince him we must return to the Don Cesar for the alone trip! ;) Anyone stay at that Hilton? Know anything about parking fees there?

Sorry I didn't see this post until you pm'd me!

I actually am not familiar with the Hilton at all. But I have stayed at the Sheraton lots of times, most recently was last summer. They have remodeled all the rooms within the last 3 years, which they really needed to do! Before the remodel, I wouldn't have recommended it at all.

The beach is great there, but as others have said, it's a long walk to the water's edge. The pool area is very nice, too!

I've never really cared about the views. I think the last time I was there, we overlooked the tennis courts. But, we usually don't spent much time in the room, so not to concerned with that.

Sorry I can't give you more info on the Hilton, but I hope you have a great time!!

Thank you! I guess I should not fret so much since these 2 nights will be paid for since DH has a meeting.:D Since discovering this board I have become TOO obsessed with the perfect hotels and resorts:p !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter