Closing Time!!

WooHoo!!!! Our deed showed up on the OC Comptroller site today!!! Sounds like we will have to wait a couple of weeks for the points to be loaded to our account. I'm so excited!!!!

Here's our timeline, in case anyone is interested:
Offer made/accepted: 2/22
Sent to ROFR: 2/24
Passed ROFR: 3/10
Closing Docs Received after Estoppel: 3/30
Closing Docs sent to Closing Company: 4/10
Recorded on OC Comptroller site: 4/19

An update on our timeline:
The new member ID and points showed up in our DVC account 5/1/2017.

So, less than 2 weeks from showing up on the OC Comptroller site to points being available on-line.

I just wanted to add a little tip for those that don't want to tie up money with the title company. I had a previous experience where it took the seller over 2 months to return his closing docs. No good reason given. I would've thought that the buyer is usually the one who holds it up because he/she is the one having to come up with money, but that was not the case with our first contract. We had a large cashier's check sent to the title company for the purchase, and the money just sat there...for 2 months. I was beyond frustrated when this happened. We are in the process of buying an add-on to that contract. We got the closing docs earlier this week, and I sent our signed closing documents to the title company, but I let her know that I would not send the money until the sellers' signed docs came in. She said that happens quite a bit, and she would let me know. Yet again, this is a seller who isn't rushing to turn in his docs. Granted, they have to get theirs notarized, and I do not, so it is easier as the buyer. Regardless, there is a lot less anxiety as the buyer when you are still holding onto your money. This will hold up the process a few days once all the docs are sent in for me to send the money, but what's a few days when you're talking these large amounts of money? I will always hold onto the money from here on out until the sellers have returned their documents. I wanted to share this in case anyone else would like to do the same because it can be pretty darn frustrating when you have sent a large amount of money which is just sitting at a title company.
I would not have even thought that a buyer would take so long to send in their paperwork. If I were trying to sell, it would be because I needed the $$ and would want to complete the transaction as soon as possible. But hearing about your situation gives me pause and I will re-think our approach next time. We didn't have any issues with our last resale purchase, but I'm glad you shared this information so I can be better prepared for our next resale purchase.

Timeline so far:
Offer accepted 3/21
Sent to ROFR 3/23
Passed 4/6
Received docs 4/20
Returned docs 4/21
Closing "on or before" 5/19[/QUOTE]

Closed today 5/1. Email says to allow 3 weeks for Disney to transfer ownership and another 7 days to receive by mail. Obviously I'll be calling in about 8 or 9 days if I can get my wife to wait that long. I've heard too many stories about people never receiving anything by mail.

Timeline so far:
Offer accepted 3/21
Sent to ROFR 3/23
Passed 4/6
Received docs 4/20
Returned docs 4/21
Closing "on or before" 5/19

Closed today 5/1. Email says to allow 3 weeks for Disney to transfer ownership and another 7 days to receive by mail. Obviously I'll be calling in about 8 or 9 days if I can get my wife to wait that long. I've heard too many stories about people never receiving anything by mail.[/QUOTE]

I just received my welcome letter yesterday. No way I could have waited that long (though it did take a full 13 days to get everything processed on my Member #, Activation Code and points loading).. I have already added direct and banked all of my 2017 points to next year. Lol

On hold to try to get my membership # - my approximate wait time is 19 minutes?? Does this mean I'm on hold with member services? Is there a better time to call? AUUUGHHH

At least the hold music is pleasant.

Go @kboo! I hope today is your day. My bet is you are on hold with MS, but I would just stick with it and ask to be transferred to MA if you are.

UPDATE! Was on hold for about 10 minutes, ended up at MS who took my name, etc. When I said I needed my Member ID, she said, you can ask your guide. "Uh, I bought resale." ((PAUSE))
"I can't offer you your Membership # now [but it seemed pretty obvious something about me was in the system], but let me put you on hold to check with Member Administration to see if I can offer you your Member ID."

She then conferenced Debbie from MA in, and left the call. Debbie said the transfer was completed @ Disney on 5/1, and normally it takes 72 hours to show up in my account, but she gave me my new contract #, Member ID and Club ID. Now on hold again with MS to get the activation code. Debbie was super helpful.

POINTS ARE IN! (Now to buy direct - maybe I will do that after lunch)

Last edited:
UPDATE! Was on hold for about 10 minutes, ended up at MS who took my name, etc. When I said I needed my Member ID, she said, you can ask your guide. "Uh, I bought resale." ((PAUSE))
"I can't offer you your Membership # now [but it seemed pretty obvious something about me was in the system], but let me put you on hold to check with Member Administration to see if I can offer you your Member ID."

She then conferenced Debbie from MA in, and left the call. Debbie said the transfer was completed @ Disney on 5/1, and normally it takes 72 hours to show up in my account, but she gave me my new contract #, Member ID and Club ID. Now on hold again with MS to get the activation code. Debbie was super helpful.

Awesome! You should be good to go, but it did take mine a bit to generate the activation code. I called the day mine transferred so it did take a day or two to propagate through the whole system.

Points are in! Here was my timeline:

Found the right contract in "new listings" email - it never made it on to the site - 3/12
Offer made/accepted: 3/13
Buyer's contract/docs signed, deposit sent 3/13
Seller's side signed 3/14
Sent to ROFR 3/14
Passed 3/23
Closing docs received 4/13
Buyer's docs complete and $ rec'd by title co 4/14 (A "Good" Friday indeed!)
Seller's docs complete and rec'd by title co 4/17
CLOSED 4/20
Deed Recorded 4/21
Disney transfer complete 5/1
Membership activated, points in 5/3

For me, estoppel took the longest (3 weeks!), ROFR was only 9 days. We were lucky our sellers moved as quickly as we did. And thanks to the great advice here, we got our member number etc right away and without too much hassle on the phone.

Found the right contract in "new listings" email - it never made it on to the site - 3/12
Sent to ROFR 3/14
Passed 3/23
CLOSED 4/20
Deed Recorded 4/21

For me, estoppel took the longest (3 weeks!), ROFR was only 9 days. We were lucky our sellers moved as quickly as we did. And thanks to the great advice here, we got our member number etc right away and without too much hassle on the phone.

Sweet! Congratulations and welcome home, neighbor! And now the longest wait ever....lol

Sweet! Congratulations and welcome home, neighbor! And now the longest wait ever....lol
Did you book a trip yet? We are going in August on rented points, I really need to just bank to 100 2017 points LIKE I PLANNED, but I keep playing with the RAT...

Meanwhile, on the agenda after lunch is to buy 25 points direct. :)

Did you book a trip yet? We are going in August on rented points, I really need to just bank to 100 2017 points LIKE I PLANNED, but I keep playing with the RAT...

Meanwhile, on the agenda after lunch is to buy 25 points direct. :)

No one warned me about RAT. I have lost half days on that tool without blinking hehe. I banked all of our points for next year already, but we have a cash trip booked at the Poly in Oct. After that, my next trip won't be until next December(!!!). I am not sure I'll make it that long.

Good luck with your direct purchase. I hope yours goes as smooth as mine did. If so, you should have your blue member card and the extra points on the system by close of business. :)

I'm at 3 weeks today for estoppel, hopefully see some movement soon. Like you I'm traveling on rented points this year so there's no rush but I'm still too impatient, for some reason.

As far as I can tell, I'm still waiting to close. I sent my papers/check on the 21st. Would it seem pushy or rude to email them for an update Friday afternoon?

As far as I can tell, I'm still waiting to close. I sent my papers/check on the 21st. Would it seem pushy or rude to email them for an update Friday afternoon?

Wouldn't be pushy any time now in my opinion. I think I checked with my title co 1 week after I hadn't heard anything after sending my part back (within 2 hours of receiving them). That was when I found my seller was selling multiple contracts and was waiting for all of the docs so he could go to the notary on one trip. Wouldn't hurt to put in the inquiry.

Some brokers are better at communicating than others, by all means call and get an update on your status.It is neither pushy or rude, the broker is making a nice commision from the sale and is expected to respond to your questions, that's what they are being paid to do :)
Try searching for your deed at this link to see if you've recorded, using your name in the either party field or as the grantee, don't worry about the dates.
http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/docSearch.jsp

Sent to ROFR 3/14
Passed 3/23
CLOSED 4/20
Deed Recorded 4/21

Our deed was recorded 4/21 also, this was an add on contract and I just went onto the DVC website, no points loaded. Left the room to grab my paperwork and phone to call MA and Bam!! the points loaded in those few minutes! How's that for Pixiedust!They must have been pretty busy over there at DVC today!

we passed ROFR 4/14 - 3 weeks tomorrow and still waiting on the Estoppel from Disney....pretty sure I'm making the broker crazy :)

Some brokers are better at communicating than others, by all means call and get an update on your status.It is neither pushy or rude, the broker is making a nice commision from the sale and is expected to respond to your questions, that's what they are being paid to do :)
Try searching for your deed at this link to see if you've recorded, using your name in the either party field or as the grantee, don't worry about the dates.
http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/docSearch.jsp

Just fired off an email to see, I'm curious what they'll say. When I inquired about closing/estoppel the docs were sent the next day. I have a feeling you have to stay on top of these people. You'd think they would want their money too. Very strange.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter