Closing Time!!

And Happy Mother's Day to me too (well to my DW), as our points loaded today also!

FINAL Update: (Day # 91)
Home: Saratoga Springs Resort
Title Company: First American (Listed through Fidelity)
Offer made: 02/09/2020
Offer accepted: 02/11/2020
Sent to ROFR: 02/20/2020
Passed ROFR: 03/06/2020
Closing docs received: 04/06/2020
Closing docs returned: 04/06/2020
Seller returned closing docs: 04/16/20
Closing:04/20/20
Deed recorded:04/20/20
Member Numbers: (Already Members - SSR - Same Use Year) 👍
Account showing new contract:05/07/20
Points in my account: 05/10/20 :cool1:

& POINTS BOOKED for a JAN Reservation - 05/10/20 !!

91 Days (2/9/20-5/10/20) I'm so glad the posted before the 7 Month window opened for this reservation. Now I'm wishing/hoping/praying that things will be back to normal by next January!
ET :darth:
Congrats!!!
I’m so envious, though, because my deed was recorded on 4/21 but my contract isn’t even showing on my account yet. :-(
My birthday was yesterday, too, so I was hoping for a gift this weekend, lol!

My Latest Update: (Now on Day # 90)!
Home: Saratoga Springs Resort
Title Company: First American (Listed through Fidelity)
Offer made: 02/09/2020
Offer accepted: 02/11/2020
Sent to ROFR: 02/20/2020
Passed ROFR: 03/06/2020
Closing docs returned: 04/06/2020
Seller returned closing docs: 04/16/20
Closing:04/20/20
Deed recorded:04/20/20
Member Numbers: (Already Members - SSR - Same Use Year) :) :thumbsup2

Account showing new contract:05/07/20
Points in my account:

90 Days as of 5/9/20 - and now I continue to check-in at the DVC site Morning/Noon/Night - waiting for the points to appear. I have until 6/1 for the 7 Month Mark for our Jan 2021 trip, so I should be fine getting what I want with these new points. 🤞
ET:darth:

You and I have been in the same boat this entire process. Both bought SSR around the same time, closed and recorded a day after you and still nothing for us either. Worth noting we are new members however.

Oh, and ironically ALSO planning a January trip lol.

Congrats!!!
I’m so envious, though, because my deed was recorded on 4/21 but my contract isn’t even showing on my account yet. :-(
My birthday was yesterday, too, so I was hoping for a gift this weekend, lol!
Aww - sorry it didn't happen yesterday, but Happy Birthday!!

You and I have been in the same boat this entire process. Both bought SSR around the same time, closed and recorded a day after you and still nothing for us either. Worth noting we are new members however.

Oh, and ironically ALSO planning a January trip lol.
Keep checking the site, Nappy1380.
I was surprised to see the last step post on Sunday afternoon of Mother's Day. I was checking 3 times per day, every day :goodvibes
Let me know when they post, and when you get your ressie in for January.
We now have 2 weeks at SSR-STU-Std, and 2 weeks (15N) at SSR-STU-P so, assuming the restrictions have been lifted by then, we will be in WDW all of January. We'll look for you there !:thumbsup2

I just got an email from DVC informing me that they had completed transferring a resale contract into my existing membership and that it would now be appearing in my account. It also said to expect points to appear in 7-10 days.

This is the first time I've received an email (this is my 4th resale contract). Has anyone else gotten one before? I logged into my account and confirmed the contract is appearing! Almost there!

Home: Animal Kingdom Villas
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title*
Offer made: 02/24/2020
Offer accepted: 02/28/2020
Sent to ROFR: 03/09/2020 (Seller didn't return docs till 3/8)
Passed ROFR: 03/25/2020
Closing docs returned: 04/07/2020
Seller returned closing docs: 04/14/2020
Closing: 04/15/2020
Deed recorded: 04/21/2020
Contract Showing on Membership: 05/11/2020
Points in account:

77 days and counting so far.

For reference, prior resales I purchased took (from offer to points in account):
BRV Resale - 43 days
AKL Resale #1 - 49 days
AKL Resale #2 - 40 days

Last edited:
I closed on 4/24 but I went on the comptroller website and counted.....there are 106 deeds to go through between 4/21-mine on 4/24. I wonder how long each one takes to enter?! There were over 40 on 4/21........it was a busy day for closing on DVC resales!!!

Yeah, I have a problem...

Home: Saratoga Springs Resort (SSR)
Broker: Buy & Sell DVC
Title Company: TRCS
Offer made: 05/08/2020
Offer accepted: 05/08/2020
Sent to ROFR: 05/11/2020
Passed ROFR:
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Seller returned closing docs:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Ooof. 81 days. My deed was recorded 4/21, so hopefully we’ll both be through this soon. At least I know when you get your points, mine should be soon following!

At least I’m trying to book AKL Grand Villas, so hopefully they won’t all go right at the 11 month mark?
Availability for AKL Grand Villas depends on the time of year with the cheaper point costs times being harder and depending on the booking window 7/11 months.

Home: SSR
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer Made: 5/1
Offer Accepted: 5/1
ROFR Sent: 5/5
ROFR Passed:
Closing Documents Received:
Closing Documents Sent:
Funds Sent:
Seller Sent Closing Documents:
Closing:
Deed Recorded:
Member Number:
Account showing contract:
Points loaded:

I closed on 4/24 but I went on the comptroller website and counted.....there are 106 deeds to go through between 4/21-mine on 4/24. I wonder how long each one takes to enter?! There were over 40 on 4/21........it was a busy day for closing on DVC resales!!!

I'm confused by this. What does this mean? If your deed shows up recorded, it recorded right?

Home: Copper Creek
Broker:Fidelity
Title Company: First American
Offer made: Feb. 7
Offer accepted: Feb. 7
Sent To ROFR: Feb.17
Passed ROFR: March 6
Closing Documents received and returned: April 6
Seller returned closing documents: April 21
Closing: I guess sometime between 4/21 and 23.
Deed recorded: April 23
Contract showing up in membership:
Points in account:

77 days so far. I had finally received email on 4/21 saying seller had returned closing documents after my contacting them several times. Was told would be notified of closing. Have not received any further information but went on Orange County site and found had been recorded.
As one can see, multiple times of delays in this process for me. 10 days to send to ROFR, 31 days to receive closing documents and 15 days for seller to return closing documents.
Be sure to tell us when your contract shows up in membership, I'm a day behind you!!!!

It’s funny you say that. We were watching that and noticed the deed was officially in our name three days before First American actually notified us that it officially closed.
This was exactly our experience with first American, too! Our deed recorded 5/5 but they didn’t tell us we closed until last Thursday (so 2 instead of 3, but still...)

I just got an email from DVC informing me that they had completed transferring a resale contract into my existing membership and that it would now be appearing in my account. It also said to expect points to appear in 7-10 days.

This is the first time I've received an email (this is my 4th resale contract). Has anyone else gotten one before? I logged into my account and confirmed the contract is appearing! Almost there!

Home: Animal Kingdom Villas
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title*
Offer made: 02/24/2020
Offer accepted: 02/28/2020
Sent to ROFR: 03/09/2020 (Seller didn't return docs till 3/8)
Passed ROFR: 03/25/2020
Closing docs returned: 04/07/2020
Seller returned closing docs: 04/14/2020
Closing: 04/15/2020
Deed recorded: 04/21/2020
Contract Showing on Membership: 05/11/2020
Points in account:

77 days and counting so far.

For reference, prior resales I purchased took (from offer to points in account):
BRV Resale - 43 days
AKL Resale #1 - 49 days
AKL Resale #2 - 40 days
Yuup - I got that email from DVC on my recent resale purchase.
It took DVC 17 calendar days to have the account show up, after the Deed was recorded, but only another 3 calendar days for the points to be available. My offer was made on 2/9, so I had an even longer experience than you. :earboy2:

@Nappy1380 did yours get transferred by Disney yet?

They did not. We received out membership info and were able to log in, however it advised 7-10 business days before the points would be transferred over. We called to confirm the timeline with staffing being low and were advised the time frame was accurate. I'll post as soon as they show up!

Last edited:
Day 19 since recording and still no member number. This process (our first contract) has been excruciatingly long. My offer was submitted and accepted on 2/7. 95 Days total so far, just to get access to the portal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter