Closing Time!!

It's almost 4 weeks waiting on the seller to return documents. The broker and/or title company hasn't heard anything from them still so I'm hoping they're ok, but also, I'm hoping to get my contract closed on time next week.
Just went through this a couple weeks ago--it was super frustrating. However, once they did send in the closing docs it was closed within 3 days. Hopefully your broker will rush it through!

On a complete aside, I'm amused that the name of the county is the same in both FL and CA (Orange County).

Well, they were both built on what was previously orange groves (and swamp in FL). I guess they just named the counties that because of all of the groves.

It's almost 4 weeks waiting on the seller to return documents. The broker and/or title company hasn't heard anything from them still so I'm hoping they're ok, but also, I'm hoping to get my contract closed on time next week.
I had the same problem, and finally closed right at the 90 day mark specified on the contract. The sellers had difficulty completing the paperwork in a timely fashion, proving once again that if it was not for the last minute nothing would get done.

I got the notice yesterday!! We passed FROR in 29 days. They are getting quicker.

Does the buyer Closing paperwork need a notary?

Congrats! And I had to get a notary for my closing documents, I'm a first timer, but I'd think that all the resale closing documents would be the same as far as needing a notary.

Congrats! And I had to get a notary for my closing documents, I'm a first timer, but I'd think that all the resale closing documents would be the same as far as needing a notary.

I just closed on a resale in July and did not have to notarize. I have only ever had to get things notarized as a seller, never as A buyer, and I have bought quite a few.

Wonder if it is the title company?

Happy Friday All!!!

Just an update on mine

Home: SSR
Broker: https://fidelityresales.com/
Title Company: https://www.firstam.com/
Offer made: 7/09/20
Offer accepted: 7/09/20
Sent to ROFR: 7/14/20
Passes ROFR: 8/20/20
Closing docs received: 9/16/20
Closing docs returned: 9/16/10
Wired Closing proceeds: 9/17/20
Seller returned closing docs: TBD
Closing: TBD
Deed recorded: TBD
Contract showing on membership: TBD
points in account: TBD

As you can see, moving a a snails pace! The contract says closing must occur by 10/10 so hopefully seller returns closing docs soon! Lucky if I have these points by December at this point!!:rolleyes1

Anyway, hope you are all having better luck with total turn time!!. have a nice weekend

While waiting to close on BLT we ended up purchasing AKV direct. So excited to be new DVC members. Hopefully the resale points are added soon so we can plan our first DVC split stay Sept 2021!

Home: Bay Lake Tower
Broker: DVCResaleMarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer Made: 07/17/2020
Offer Accepted: 07/17/2020
Sent to ROFR: 07/22/2020
Passed ROFR: 09/01/2020
Closing Docs Received: 09/04/2020
Closing Docs Returned: 09/14/2020
Seller returned closing docs: 9/24/2020
Closed: 9/25/2020
Deed recorded:
Contract showing on membership:
Points showing on membership:

I just closed on a resale in July and did not have to notarize. I have only ever had to get things notarized as a seller, never as A buyer, and I have bought quite a few.

Wonder if it is the title company?
Ahhhh, looks like it's only if someone finances the contract (and I did). Makes sense!

Finally closed today! Just got the email! I needed this good news today! :jumping1:

Home : OKW
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 7/13/20
Offer accepted: 7/13/20
Sent to ROFR: 7/17/20
Passed ROFR: 8/25/20
Closing docs received: 8/27/20
Closing docs returned: 8/29/20
Seller returned closing docs: 9/24/20 (maybe?)
Closing: 9/25/20
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Home : Anima Kingdom
Broker: www.Fidelity.com
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 6/4/2020
Offer accepted: 6/4/2020
Sent to ROFR: 6/5/2020
Passed ROFR: 7/20/2020
Closing docs received: 7/24/2020
Closing docs returned: 7/28/2020
Seller returned closing docs: Canadian sellers trying to find notary (not returned yet?)
Finally received sellers docs: 8/28/2020
Closing: ?
Deed recorded: 9/1/2020
Contract Showing on Membership: 9/24/2020
Points in account: 9/25/2020 (I called MS and they added them (took about 30 minutes on the phone) because I had points expiring and there was an opening at Poly that I wanted to grab).
But it’s done!! 🥳🥳🥳
Total of 113 days from offer made to points in account.

I couldn’t wait three more days!!
There was total of 113 days from offer made to points in account.

I’m just really happy and I was able to use the expiring points that had been banked from 2018!

Home: Vero Beach Resort
Broker: www.*************.com
Title Company: TRCS
Offer made: 7/21/2020
Offer accepted: 07/22/2020
Sent to ROFR: 07/22/2020
Passed ROFR: 07/01/2020
Closing docs received: 09/10/2020
Closing docs returned: 09/10/2020
Seller returned closing docs:09/15/2020
Closing: 09/16/2020
Deed recorded:09/16/2020
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Deed was recorded quickly, just waiting on Disney for a membership account!!

anyone know if this will be emailed or mailed?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter