• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Closing Time!!

So when your new contract shows up in your account (before the actual points show up), where do you see it? Is it on your member dashboard--it just shows two different memberships there? Or somewhere else?

Not sure how it works with different use years. If you have the same Use year you should be able to flip through the images of your resorts at the top of your dashboard. If you have the multiple contracts at the same resort the image will be shown more than once. You should see them all listed under Manage Vacation Points.

Update #3
Home: BRV
Broker: The Timeshare Store
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 3/3/19
Offer accepted: 3/4/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/7/19
Passed ROFR: 3/19/19
Closing docs received:3/25/19
Closing docs returned: 3/28/19
Seller returned closing docs: 4/10/19
Closing: 4/11/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 4/12/19
Contract Visible on member site: 4/24/19
Points in my account: ?

FIRST UPDATE:

Broker: Fidelity
Title company: Mason Title
Offer made: 3/25/19
Offer accepted: 3/25/19
Sent to ROFR: 4/2/19
Passed ROFR: 4/17/19
Closing docs received: 4/19/19
Buyers closing docs returned: 4/24/19
Sellers closing docs returned: 4/24/19
Closing: 4/24/19
Deed on site: 4/25/19
Contract visible on member site: ?
Points in account: ?
Welcome letter: ?

Everything has gone smoothly and pretty quickly!
I'm an existing member but this add on is a different UY so I'm curious if it will take longer than our last add on to show up in our account and get our points...my guess is yes. Last add-on it was only a few days.

Last edited:
2nd Update:

Home: BLT
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 3/13/19
Offer accepted: 3/14/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/18/19
Passed ROFR: 3/27/19
Closing docs received: 4/5/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 4/17/19 (caught us out of town and then had to find a notary to complete...so an extra week)
Seller’s closing docs returned: 4/23/19 (?)
Closing:4/23/29
Deed recorded on OC site: 4/23/19
Contract Visible on member site: TBD
Points in my account:TBD
Member letter received: TBD

Trying to decide if I should be patient or call about a member number!

Home: AKV - 50 Points.
Broker: DVC Sales
Offer made: 2/21/19
Offer accepted: 2/21/19
Sent to ROFR: 2/25/19
Passed ROFR: 3/5/19
Closing docs received: 3/8/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 3/11/19
Seller’s closing docs returned: 4/3/19
Closing:4/9/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 4/9/19
Contract Visible on member site: 4/21/19 *I was really surprised it showed up Easter Sunday, this is an add on so we already had an account.
Points in my account: 4/24/19

This one was an international seller and they had some issues getting the documents back, the closing was also delayed while the tax people did their stuff.

Final Update-

Home: Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 2/28/19
Offer accepted: 2/28/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/6/19
Closing docs received: 3/22/19
Buyers Closing docs returned: 3/23/19 (not received until 3/27/19)
Sellers Closing docs returned: 4/1/19
Closing: 4/3/19
Deed recorded: 4/4/19
Contract Visible: 4/19/19
Points in my account: 4/22/19

53 days from offer made to points in my account!

1st update:

Title company: First American Title
Offer made: 2/5
Offer accepted: 2/5
Contract received and returned: 2/5
Sent to ROFR: 2/6
Passed ROFR: 3/1
Closing docs received: 3/26
Buyers closing docs returned: 3/26 with cashiers check
Sellers closing docs returned: 4/12 —international seller
Closing: 4/16
Deed on site: ?? Still not visible to me though the transaction was “finalized” on 4/16
Contract visible on member site: 4/25
Points in account: ??
Welcome letter:??

So thrilled to sign in and see the contract on my dashboard. The recorded deed is still not showing on the Orange County site and I know I’m looking in the right place because my prior contracts are there. It is just odd. No matter. I’ve been checking multiple times per day and the contract is finally on the DVC site. Yay. I hope the points are loaded soon as there are 160 of them in holding that expire 5/31.

1st update:

Title company: First American Title
Offer made: 2/5
Offer accepted: 2/5
Contract received and returned: 2/5
Sent to ROFR: 2/6
Passed ROFR: 3/1
Closing docs received: 3/26
Buyers closing docs returned: 3/26 with cashiers check
Sellers closing docs returned: 4/12 —international seller
Closing: 4/16
Deed on site: ?? Still not visible to me though the transaction was “finalized” on 4/16
Contract visible on member site: 4/25
Points in account: ??
Welcome letter:??

So thrilled to sign in and see the contract on my dashboard. The recorded deed is still not showing on the Orange County site and I know I’m looking in the right place because my prior contracts are there. It is just odd. No matter. I’ve been checking multiple times per day and the contract is finally on the DVC site. Yay. I hope the points are loaded soon as there are 160 of them in holding that expire 5/31.
We closed the same day and still nothing in our account. Hoping they are working through the stack and get us in today.

We closed the same day and still nothing in our account. Hoping they are working through the stack and get us in today.
I’m hoping it shows up for you today.
I checked several times during the day yesterday and no luck. This showed up on my dashboard in the evening after work hours.

We closed the day BEFORE, and still nothing. :confused3
The wait is painful for sure.

I really don’t know the date that we actually closed. It could have been as early as the 12th. It seemed that the title company took its time until I nudged them. They did send the finalized paperwork to Disney on 4/16. Member administration did tell me they have the recorded deed but I can’t find it on the Orange County site to validate the recoding date.

Home: BCV - 200 points
Broker: Fidelity (Shawn Ray)
Title company: First American (Alice Bann)
Offer made: 4/1/19
Offer accepted: 4/1/19
Sent to ROFR: 4/3/19
Passed ROFR: 4/22/19
Closing docs received: 4/26/19
Buyers closing docs returned: 4/26/19 (w/cashier's check, via FedEx)
Sellers closing docs returned: ?
Closing: ?
Deed on site: ?

Everything has gone well so far (although this is our third attempt). :)
We are current DVC members since January 2019 but this contract is a different UY and different home resort.

Last edited:
Final Update
Points in my account: 4/28/19

56 Days from start to finish! Now to bank those points so we can take a big trip summer 2020.

Final Update
Points in my account: 4/28/19

56 Days from start to finish! Now to bank those points so we can take a big trip summer 2020.
Nice! Happy planning. Question: did you check the site yesterday too? I’m curious as the lints seem to be coming in over the weekends. I’ve been checking frequently and I’m hoping that I see the points in my account soon.

Still nothing for us, 12 days post closing. We leave tomorrow for 8 nights in the BC, so that helps ease the pain. But honestly, we need to get the points soon so that we can assure a booking for Aug or Sept and want to upgrade to Gold passes if we are going do that, but we have to upgrade before our final day on our PH passes. Hoping they come soon!

Nice! Happy planning. Question: did you check the site yesterday too? I’m curious as the lints seem to be coming in over the weekends. I’ve been checking frequently and I’m hoping that I see the points in my account soon.
You may be on to something. Checked around 1:30 today (Sunday), nothing. Checked again at 2:30 and there it was, no points yet, but our resale contract is now there!

2nd update:

Home: SSR
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 3/10/19
Offer accepted: 3/10/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/12/19
Passed ROFR: 3/26/19
Closing docs received: 4/1/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 4/4/19
Seller’s closing docs returned: 4/15/19
Closing: 4/16/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 4/16/19
Contract Visible on member site: 4/28/19
Points in my account:
Member letter received:

Yes, I checked yesterday afternoon and there was nothing but the points were there this morning so DVC works some late nights even on the weekends. Good luck with getting your points.

19 days without seller returning the closing docs. The contract says that they need to be returned by 6/3 but that would be like 2 months. Should I be worried?

FIRST UPDATE:

Title company: Mason Title
Offer made: 3/25/19
Offer accepted: 3/25/19
Sent to ROFR: 4/2/19
Passed ROFR: 4/17/19
Closing docs received: 4/19/19
Buyers closing docs returned: 4/24/19
Sellers closing docs returned: 4/24/19
Closing: 4/24/19
Deed on site: 4/25/19

Everything has gone smoothly and pretty quickly!
I'm an existing member but this add on is a different UY so I'm curious if it will take longer than our last add on to show up in our account and get our points...my guess is yes. Last add-on it was only a few days.

We added a 2nd contract shortly after buying our first, I called on Friday which was the 1 week mark to ask if the contract would automatically show since it's a different use year. She said it may not and to call on the 2 week mark to ask for member id. Well I was in my acct this morning and it was not there but I just logged in and it's there now but of course points don't show yet. But yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter