Closing Time!

I'm still waiting for a seller to digitally sign the contract, they signed the first one in minutes but it had to be corrected and now it has been three days. Salesperson sucks at followup, I always have to contact her to see what she needs or the status. www.dvcresalemarket.com No way to tell if it's the seller or the brokerage that is dawdling. Does not bode well if it takes multiple days to digitally sign something, makes me worry how long they will take to get the deed notarized. Guess I should be shopping for a backup. Are we allowed to post what we are looking for somewhere on Disboards?

I'm still waiting for a seller to digitally sign the contract, they signed the first one in minutes but it had to be corrected and now it has been three days. Salesperson sucks at followup, I always have to contact her to see what she needs or the status. www.dvcresalemarket.com No way to tell if it's the seller or the brokerage that is dawdling. Does not bode well if it takes multiple days to digitally sign something, makes me worry how long they will take to get the deed notarized. Guess I should be shopping for a backup. Are we allowed to post what we are looking for somewhere on Disboards?

We do not allow those types of posts.

Passed ROFR last week still waiting to be contacted by First American title with my closing documents. I even sent an email nicely asking if they had a ETA. They haven’t responded. I hope there is not an issue. When I got my AKV contract Mason Tile got me my closing documents almost immediately. I wish they would have been an option, but I guess they only do Orlando.

Also. When title companies make the closing documents do they do anything to verify that the points disclosed in the sale are actually there?

Just got my email tonight! Closed on the 17th
Now waiting for points to load 😁
Our deed recorded on the 17th but still nothing! Should I worry that there is some problem?? This 3 month and change process has been torture at every step. I'm ready to pay 10k more for our next contract just to skip the interminable wait. :)

Our deed recorded on the 17th but still nothing! Should I worry that there is some problem?? This 3 month and change process has been torture at every step. I'm ready to pay 10k more for our next contract just to skip the interminable wait. :)
I don’t know if I just got lucky - but I still don’t have the points so it really doesn’t help much (also I saw the deed was recorded at 7:45 AM on the 17th so maybe I was ont the top of the pile for that day!)
I chatted with MS on the website and they told me to get back in a few days…
I might try again the day after tomorrow if I still don’t see any points!

I don’t know if I just got lucky - but I still don’t have the points so it really doesn’t help much (also I saw the deed was recorded at 7:45 AM on the 17th so maybe I was ont the top of the pile for that day!)
I chatted with MS on the website and they told me to get back in a few days…
I might try again the day after tomorrow if I still don’t see any points!
If I don't hear by tomorrow then I will start to worry my paperwork wasn't sent over correctly. Is that possible? I got a random message from the broker today (who I haven't heard anything from directly since my offer was accepted the last week of October) that said "everything is looking good" and asking for my address which made no sense to me as I already received my recorded deed from Mason. What is looking good? I was feeling confident all was fine at this point since my understanding after closing was that everything was sent to Disney by the tiitle agency. That's correct right? The broker isn't involved anymore? All the mistakes were on their end so would rather they were out of the process.

If I don't hear by tomorrow then I will start to worry my paperwork wasn't sent over correctly. Is that possible? I got a random message from the broker today (who I haven't heard anything from directly since my offer was accepted the last week of October) that said "everything is looking good" and asking for my address which made no sense to me as I already received my recorded deed from Mason. What is looking good? I was feeling confident all was fine at this point since my understanding after closing was that everything was sent to Disney by the tiitle agency. That's correct right? The broker isn't involved anymore? All the mistakes were on their end so would rather they were out of the process.
I don’t know if this website is allowed but this is where I looked up the deed recording:
https://or.occompt.com/recorder/web/

Thanks! I did check that the day of closing and our deed was recorded the afternoon of the closing on the 17th. Just not sure what gets sent to Disney exactly and whether anything be messed up at that point that would delay the transfer.

There have been a few reports that a reservation booked on the membership was discovered after closing and it delayed the transfer.

It is rare, but it has happened, I would say, though, that being only two weeks since closing it is just normal timeframe for them.

There have been a few reports that a reservation booked on the membership was discovered after closing and it delayed the transfer.

It is rare, but it has happened, I would say, though, that being only two weeks since closing it is just normal timeframe for them.
I know I should be patient as it has not been a longer than typical timeframe. It's just when other deeds recorded the same day get theirs days earlier I get a little antsy. :)

Nothing more frustrating than having all your paperwork in and your wire transfer sent and completed and the Sellers are dragging their feet sending in their closing paperwork! I just want to close!

Nothing more frustrating than having all your paperwork in and your wire transfer sent and completed and the Sellers are dragging their feet sending in their closing paperwork! I just want to close!
In a Buyers market delaying the closing can end badly for Sellers. I know someone who happily forfeited their deposit to buy another, better contract for less money.

In a Buyers market delaying the closing can end badly for Sellers. I know someone who happily forfeited their deposit to buy another, better contract for less money.
How would that work if I sent my full payment with my closing docs? Would they just push it to the next contract?

As Sandisw wrote - you'd probably get your funds back (minus the deposit) in a few days. But you'd have to read your contract! I noticed www.fidelityrealestate.com had a clause in theirs that said Buyer also owed the commissions if cancelled after 10 days - EVERY CONTRACT CAN VARY - and you'd have to ask the Escrow company what the rules are for them to release funds too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter