Closing Time!

UPDATE:

Home Resort: Aulani
Broker: www.fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: https://www.firstam.com/ (Julie at Hawaii location)
Offer made: 3/22/23
Offer accepted: 3/22/23
Sent to ROFR: 3/24/23
Passed ROFR: 3/31/23 (7 days)
Closing docs received: 4/27/23 (27 days)
Closing docs returned: 4/28/23 (buyers)
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total: TBD

Found out later in the game we were working with international sellers (Japanese). Did ask the broker how it’ll affect our timeline. Because of the many Japanese Aulani owners, she shared that they partner with a Japanese broker in Hawaii who works with the sellers to ensure everything runs efficiently.

Update:
Home Resort: OKW
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title Company: http://www.firstam.com
Offer made: 3/21/23
Offer accepted: 3/21/ 23
Sent to ROFR: 3/28/23
Accepted through Disney: ROFR 4/5/23
Closing docs received: 4/11/23
Closing docs returned: 4/11/23
Closing docs returned (seller):4/20/2023
Closing:?
Deed recorded:4/27/2023
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

37 days and counting...

*After much back and forth, our zip code is incorrect on the deed. This is something I brought to First American's attention several weeks ago when they sent the closing docs. They're telling me its fine bc the legal docs have the correct zip code. They're also telling me that Disney says its fine as well. ----- Are they just pushing contracts through and not paying attention?????*

Trying so hard to be patient waiting for our new member email 😬 Today is 10 days since the deed was recorded and while it seems the timeline used to be ~11 days, it seems more people are referencing closer to 2 weeks now. I can be patient. I can be patient. I can be patient! 🤥

I have a hope that I can plan a quick 2 day trip for husband and me in August just to ride Tron and watch Happily Ever After 🤞

our zip code is incorrect on the deed. This is something I brought to First American's attention several weeks ago when they sent the closing docs. They're telling me its fine bc the legal docs have the correct zip code.
What, are they saying the deed is not a “legal doc”? Or it’s not as important as the other “legal docs”?

What, are they saying the deed is not a “legal doc”? Or it’s not as important as the other “legal docs”?
Good to know I'm not the only one that thought this...
To be frank their lais-sez-faire attitude about it kinda pisses me off. I just thought maybe I was over reacting.. lol

Copied from email: "They (DVC member services) said the address for buyer and seller does not matter as long as the legal is correct."

Trying so hard to be patient waiting for our new member email 😬 Today is 10 days since the deed was recorded and while it seems the timeline used to be ~11 days, it seems more people are referencing closer to 2 weeks now. I can be patient. I can be patient. I can be patient! 🤥

I have a hope that I can plan a quick 2 day trip for husband and me in August just to ride Tron and watch Happily Ever After 🤞
It's been 11 days since our deed was recorded and it seems like some people get their emails on the weekends. And by some I mean I have seen one person mention that they got their membership email on a Saturday... So naturally I'm wearing out my thumb refreshing like crazy knowing this is ridiculous because 11 days is not a hard and fast rule and I've seen it take even longer than 2 weeks but oh my gosh I am so excited for that darn email!

We are about to go out so maybe I'll chill. 😅 Probably not! But maybe!

Question on looking up a deed after closing (for PVB) after we received the contract closing email from the title company.

I went on the OC website and did a date search with to from basically a day before and day after and exact match under the name field. No results found. I just want to make sure I’m searching correctly.

I also left the box to the right checked, so it was searching all doc types.

Question on looking up a deed after closing (for PVB) after we received the contract closing email from the title company.

I went on the OC website and did a date search with to from basically a day before and day after and exact match under the name field. No results found. I just want to make sure I’m searching correctly.

This is what it should look like ...
Make sure you are on the correct site (there is an Orange County, CA - which is Disneyland recordings lol). Just enter the minimum: a starting time frame and last name - that should actually be enough. In this case I used SMITH BOB with no comma. That worked for mine, and it was under a Trust by a similar name.

Escrow sometimes say "Closed" but it does not record for a couple days.

oc recorder.jpg

I would leave off the dates entirely. Or just pick all of 2023. And then use just your last name in the grantee field. Leave everything else blank, even if you have a name like Smith there still won’t be many results.

It’s not uncommon though for it to take some time after closing for it to post.

Good to know I'm not the only one that thought this...
To be frank their lais-sez-faire attitude about it kinda pisses me off. I just thought maybe I was over reacting.. lol

Copied from email: "They (DVC member services) said the address for buyer and seller does not matter as long as the legal is correct."
It sounds like they were saying the "property legal description" was correct, and yes the property (in this case timeshare) description must be correct. Peoples addresses often change within days of a Deed recording. That's one function of the "recorded" document - so there is a permanent record, easily located, in the county of the real estate. People move, real estate is supposed to stay put ;)

Ok that’s basically what I did so I’ll just keep checking
Two options:

Ask Escrow for a copy on Monday, or for lots more fun,

Same form, but enter a date range of about a week, then, click Advanced Tab, and put Polynesian in the Legal remarks, hit Search - you'll see all the Poly closings for that week. If you click View Image for a Deed, you can see who bought it, the use year, how many points, and calculate the sales price from the Document Tax paid. That should keep you amused until Monday :)

Last edited:

I couldnt find mine for a few days after I had supposedly closed, so I emailed the title company. it turned out a form needed to be rescanned for clarity. We ended up closing a week later than I was originally told. I was driving myself crazy until reaching out!

**UPDATE**
Home Resort: Poly
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/
Title Company: https://magicvacationtitle.com/
Offer made: 2/6/23
Offer accepted: 2/7/23
Sent to ROFR: 2/9/2023
Passed ROFR: 2/24/2023
Closing docs received: 3/6/2023
Closing docs returned: 4/3/2023
Closing: 4/12/2023
Deed recorded: 4/13/2023
Contract Showing on Membership (Adding On): 4/27/2023
Points in account: 4/30/2023 (called member services to get them loaded)

Days Total: 83

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter