Closing Time!

Now I'm really curious how Magic vacation titles prioritizes their closing documents. We passed ROFR on the 17th, and still haven't received anything. I'm not going to lie, I'm getting pretty mad about it, and it's affecting my opinion of DVCresale market as well.
Can you inquire with both broker and closing company? It seems a little crazy when the poster right above passed ROFR on 5/23 and had closing docs on 5/24.

Question…the contract number showing in my profile and on the ”manage points” page is not the same contract number as from my closing docs and such from the broker and title company. The resort, total points and UY are correct, although no points have actually been loaded yet. Is this normal?

Does the contract number change when you buy it?
Yes, when our resale contract got loaded to our membership it became our xxx.2 contract. It'll be a sub-contract number from your master contract or initial contract number when added to an exisiting membership.

Now the wait for Disney to load the contract and the points!

Home Resort: VGC
Broker:
Title Company: www.masontitle.com
Offer made: 5/5/23
Offer accepted: 5/5/23
Sent to ROFR: 5/6/23
Passed ROFR: 5/30/23
Closing docs received: 5/31/23
Closing docs returned (buyer): 5/31/23
Closing docs returned (seller): 6/6/23 (based on email received from sales associate)
Closing: 6/9/23
Deed recorded: 6/12/23
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): TBD
Points in account: TBD

Days Total (so far): 40 days

You'll see the resort image under your dashboard. Alternatively, you can see the new contract number under My Profile, in Membership Information.
If you have more than one resort should you see more than one picture? I have more than one, but it only shows a picture of one resort.

Can you inquire with both broker and closing company? It seems a little crazy when the poster right above passed ROFR on 5/23 and had closing docs on 5/24.
I got my husband to call, and they said we should have already received it. Turns out supposedly our documents were ready but never were sent. We got it last night, and are sending it back, along with the funds today!

Home Resort: Boardwalk
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/
Title Company: https://magicvacationtitle.com/
Offer made: 04/25
Offer accepted: 04/25
Sent to ROFR: 04/27 (2 days)
Passed ROFR: 05/17 (23 days)
Closing docs received: 06/14 (50 days)
Closing docs returned (by buyer): 06/15 (51 days)
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Home Resort: Animal Kingdom
Broker: https://dvcsales.com/
Title Company: https://dvcclosings.com/
Offer made: 6/14
Offer accepted: 6/14
Sent to ROFR: 6/15
Passed ROFR:
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (existing):
Points in account:

Days Total:

I heard some good feedback about Cammy who moved over from Mason to DVC Closings, hopefully things go as smoothly as the first contract I got like 3 month ago... the addonits is a crazy bug..

Home Resort: VGF
Broker: dvcstore.com
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 4/23
Offer accepted: 4/23
Sent to ROFR: 4/24
Passed ROFR: 5/16
Closing docs received: 5/19
Closing docs returned: 5/22
Closing: 5/30
Deed recorded: 6/6
Contract Showing on Membership (existing): 6/14
Points in account: 6/15

Days Total: 53

Mine was recorded same day, hopefully shows up soon on my dashboard.

Update:

Home Resort: Beach Club Villas
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title Company: https://www.masontitle.com/
Offer made: 4/30/23
Offer accepted: 5/2/23
Sent to ROFR: 5/3/23
Passed ROFR: 5/23/23 (20 days)
Closing docs received: 6/2/23
Closing docs returned: 6/2/23 (buyer), 6/8/23 (seller), funds wired 6/9/23
Closing: 6/15/23
Deed recorded: 6/15/23
Contract Showing on Membership (existing Member):
Points in account:

Days Total: 47 and counting

I asked our escrow officer about when we might be getting closing documents, and she said they are waiting on the settlement statement approval. What exactly is that? I know what the settlement statement is, just wondering who would be approving i, the seller?

UPDATE! We closed today! What a fast closing; only six days from when we received documents.

Home Resort: VGC
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 4/27/23
Offer accepted: 4/27/23
Sent to ROFR: 5/3/23
Passed ROFR: 5/26/23
Closing docs received: 6/7/23
Closing docs returned: 6/9/23
Closing: 6/15/23
Deed recorded: 6/15/23
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Oh boy - mine was recorded on 6/7 so this information is going to cause me to obsessively log in to check for my contract!

This is killing me. Contract showed up on my dashboard on Wednesday afternoon. Still no points in it. I’m looking to book a trip at my new home resort at the end of January or early February, which is creeping up on the seven month mark. How often is too often to pester them on the chat? Or should I try calling again?

The chat CM on Wednesday said yes, they were still working on it and to maybe try again on Friday if the points weren’t loaded yet by then. Should I be patient and give them all of today, wait until Monday to chat again?

I can’t ask DH his opinion, he doesn’t really get it. Only you Dis’ers here will understand the angst of the waiting…

Oh boy - mine was recorded on 6/7 so this information is going to cause me to obsessively log in to check for my contract!
I'm right there with you. Mine was recorded on 6/6 and still haven't seen anything on my account yet (SSR). I, also, am waiting on ROFR that was submitted 5/28 or 5/29 for VB.:figment:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter