• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Clothes and a signature restaurant

sherbet

Mouseketeer
What does everyone do about dress code at the restaurants?
We have ressies for Yachtsman,Cellier,Narcossis and Flying fish. I know we will be at the parks all day and wont want to go all the way back to our rooms to change. Do people carry a clean shirt in their bag and change in the restrooms? Thanks for your advise:)

I believe most people will just wear park clothes. There really isn't much of a dress code. Most park ensembles won't get you thrown out of the restaurant. The only things Disney states aren't permitted are: swimwear, hats or tank tops for men, cutoff shorts, any sort of torn clothing (trendy or otherwise), or tee shirts with "objectionable" slogans or graphics.

We prefer to go back and shower/change. Only one time we went from parks to Yachtsman directly on a December trip and we did take slacks/shirts and store them in a locker at the park and then changed before dinner. We felt so grungy anyway that we've never done it more than the one time.

We have been to many signature restaurants and when it is hot outside I wear a cotton dress and flip flops, DH has on khaki shorts and a polo and sneakers

When it is colder weater we wear jeans and a nice shirt

We do not come from a park and I think we look neat, clean and presentable :rotfl:

always go back to resort to change first just my thing and refresh and put on some nice sandals,slacks and blouse.

If you thought you were coming straight from a park, you could dress with a little more care that day. When it's warm enough, I always wear nice capris with Tevas sandals, and a collared shirt to the parks. My husband always wears a collared shirt and Dockers, though he sometimes wears nice shorts during the day.

I think that sort of thing can take you to almost any Disney restaurant.

We always go back to our room and freshen up and change for the Signature restaurants. Even though the dress code would allow Park clothes, I don't feel comfortable. I wear a nice pair of capris, a nice blouse and sandals. DH wears dress shorts and a sport shirt.
Have a good trip

It all depends on your own "comfort" level. As TDC Nala says, park clothes (shorts, t-shirts, tennis shoes) will get you into the Signature restaurants with no problem.
And you won't be the only ones dressed that way--

We just wear shorts and a nicer looking t-shirt (polo for the guys, etc) after going back to shower at the room first. Everyone dresses caually with no problem!

We went back to the room to change. I wore a sundress and flip flops, and DH wore a golf shirt, nice shorts, and sneakers. We did a signature for the first time this year (Narcoosees) and some people were dressed and some had park attire on.

We have done both:

We have dressed up for special occasions. If we want to make it a special event we take the time to go back and spruce up, but even if we are making a special night of it we see people in much less special attire.

When we have spent the entire day at the parks our agenda is to get in, have some great food, and get out. No change for us these days. I know some think a signature requires special clothing changes, but really, if I am in DHS and plan to eat at the Brown Derby I am not going back to change.....they will have to deal with the fact I am eating in my park attire.

Both are acceptable by Disney rules so do not feel pressured to do something you are not up to just to please some stranger on a message board.....it is your vacation and as long as you follow WDW rules you are gonna be ok. Do it your way and enjoy some wonderful food!!!

:thumbsup2

We don't go back to the resort to change specifically for dinners. Some nights that's in the plan anyway and that's great, but on the days that coming right from a park makes more sense we just plan on wearing a little nicer park clothes. We haven't done a signature dinner during a hot season trip, though; if it was so hot that we're sweating just walking around the parks I probably would want to shower and change before a nice dinner.

We have also done both sometimes we would be in park clothes and other times we went back to the room to change and freshen up. Honestly we felt that we fit in just fine either way you will see a wide range of variability in dress at the signature restaurants and we never felt out of place at all. If you want to go straight from the parks to the restaurant I am sure that you will fit in just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter