• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Clues for a Surprise Birthday Trip

ManOfSteel4488

Earning My Ears
Hello, Disney friends! This is my first thread, as I'm new to the boards - so please be nice! :cutie:

Planning for my first trip to WDW in ages with a group of friends to celebrate a 30th birthday in June - but the guest of honor doesn't know where we're going! We've been planning the trip behind her back for months now, with the agreement that we'd give her one clue a month. Since she's a big WDW fan herself, we obviously don't want to give her any clues that would make our destination obvious, so admittedly the clues we've come up with have been purposefully tricky. Not trying to purposefully be mean. (Well... maybe just a little bit.) We just want her to be really surprised when we tell her where we're going the morning of the trip!

Here's what we've given her so far:
  • The location is warm and requires sunscreen and summer clothes. (She wasn't very impressed by this clue, since the trip is in June... even though I pointed out that there are plenty of places on the planet that are cold this time of year.)
  • It's important that we know her favorite color. (For buying the magic band, of course.)
  • It's more than 45 minutes away by car. (She asked us if we'd tell her the direction, and we said no.)
  • We're going to see an art gallery. (We mean the Bijutsu-kan Gallery in Epcot!)
  • We'll be seeing a cabaret. (At the Edison in Disney Springs.)
  • It's a destination that's known for unique culinary experiences. (Mickey pretzels, Dole Whip... need I say more?)
Again, I admit these clues are kind of mean, as they could apply to so many places in the US. The trip is two weeks away, so understandably she says she's about to explode with suspense. She wants more clues, and while I'm tempted to say "clues are done," I'm trying to think of a few more.

Any ideas?

Tell her that a movie was filmed at the place you're going.

(Escape from Tomorrow.)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter