CM saying that Poly decision hasn’t actually been made

FWIW, we are down in Florida right now and my mom spent an hour talking to a DVC person today. He said that legally they aren’t allowed to announce the decision yet, and that anything else that has been announced is just speculation. If that’s the case, then maybe Disney *can’t* clarify under advice of counsel. Also he said that while Poly 1 is super unbalanced, they have been dealing with that problem for a long time and because Poly 1 is already sold out, they don’t actually have to “do” anything about it.

What do we think the chances are that the recent announcement is misleading, and that it will end up being 2 separate associations? I don’t have a dog in this fight - we aren’t planning on buying in either case - but it really makes no sense to me to make it the same association because it would completely devalue both Poly 2 (just buy Poly 1 resale) AND Riviera (why buy a restricted property when you can have an unrestricted one instead).

While it clearly came short of an official announcement, it certainly wasn't just speculation. It came straight from the horse's mouth. To backtrack on what they've said, even as noncommittal as it sounded, would signal a level of incompetence that should make us all very nervous about the future of DVC

I think the question continues to be a fun discussion and debate, but the jury is still out until we actually see something in writing from DVC; which we haven't.

I have been following the comments here and online so I know what has been reported. I’m just reporting what the DVC CM told my mom. Take it for what it is worth. After all, they are no Disney bus driver…

I do not buy that there is a legal reason they had to keep the association decision a secret or that they said it the way they did for that reason.

They announced that CFW is being added and nothing there has been built or done. However, I think there has been enough information from enough sources now that the tower will not become the 18th DVC resort.

As I said, it would be remiss of DVD to not issue a statement tempering the information if the announcement, regardless of how non committed it was, was not what will happen.

If they announce that the Poly tower will definitely be in the same association, and they subsequently change their mind, while IANAL I suspect that they might be subject to lawsuits from those who bought PVB1 resale points assuming that they could use them for the tower based upon this statement, while saying the "current plan" gives them wriggle room in case they decide to change their minds.

If they announce that the Poly tower will definitely be in the same association, and they subsequently change their mind, while IANAL I suspect that they might be subject to lawsuits from those who bought PVB1 resale points assuming that they could use them for the tower based upon this statement, while saying the "current plan" gives them wriggle room in case they decide to change their minds.

I think if they had issued some level of a correction that day or yesterday, I think it would have been okay.

But, now that we are a few days since, and nothing from DVD, I think backtracking would be an issue

What is amazing is the lack of consistency, even among the DVC team... You'd think they'd let the CMs know at least something to say in response to the condo association meeting and this debacle....

Bill and Chang have some cleaning up to do it is clear to me... The fact that so many CMs are saying so many different things AFTER this was addressed at the meeting is disconcerting.

Per my guide less than five minutes ago:
Yes, it has been announced that currently the plans for the proposed Polynesian Tower are to become a part of the existing Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows.
This was the same response I had from my guide this morning. And to further clarify, it took him about 12 hours to confirm with his lead that he was allowed to say it was the same association.

This was the same response I had from my guide this morning. And to further clarify, it took him about 12 hours to confirm with his lead that he was allowed to say it was the same association.
My guide responded within 10 minutes via email - he is based in Hawaii

Per my guide less than five minutes ago:
Yes, it has been announced that currently the plans for the proposed Polynesian Tower are to become a part of the existing Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows.
I’m hung up on the word “currently” because I feel like that’s a wishy washy way of wording it. IMO, it leaves the door open to change their minds and say they never actually confirmed it would be the same but maybe that’s just me overthinking it.

Based on the number of Poly resale that went live today, I’d have to agree. They definitely are selling with the idea that it’s the same association. At this point, back tracking would beyond sloppy, borderline negligent. I don’t understand why they just don’t make an official statement. It’s just silly at this point and sews doubt in the whole business.

I’m hung up on the word “currently” because I feel like that’s a wishy washy way of wording it. IMO, it leaves the door open to change their minds and say they never actually confirmed it would be the same but maybe that’s just me overthinking it.
Or, its possible they used poor sentence syntax? I don't know, but I take it at face value.
I am not going to get twisted on the what ifs at this point -

I do not believe anyone purchasing a resale contract has any basis for a lawsuit against DVC either way. Even direct things with a load of caveats. You read the POS and get to the end which then says....."of course we have the ability to change what you just read". (A loose interpretation - can't apply to absolutely everything but does to much of the "club" aspect).

While it clearly came short of an official announcement, it certainly wasn't just speculation. It came straight from the horse's mouth. To backtrack on what they've said, even as noncommittal as it sounded, would signal a level of incompetence that should make us all very nervous about the future of DVC
Almost as concerning as when they told everyone that starting with RIV 'all' future DVC builds would have restrictions. It seems like Disney has no real direction lately, just throwing things at the wall to see what sticks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter