College Program Parents Thread...

Thanks for all the replies, everyone. I will have her check out that Disney Service Center. The handbook and planner she received on the first day are both messed up with pages missing, out of order and repeats. Maybe she can get that resolved there too. There may be information she is missing that would be helpful to her. I though I had read on DCP website about them having folks to talk to, but now I can't seem to find it. Maybe that is the Service Center people.

She said she had a good morning in class that it was fun and the instruction was enthusiastic. As soon as she got back to the room, she said she started feeling poorly again. I had her get a Sprite and eat some toast to give her something in her belly. If she can make it through traditions this afternoon, hopefully she will be on the mend. She told me she wanted to come home this morning and I had to put my foot down and tell her no. It nearly broke my heart, but her dad spent four days driving her car from CA so she would have it, and we are not turning around and doing that again before she even gets started.

Thanks for all your support. It really means a lot to me.

Thanks for all the replies, everyone. I will have her check out that Disney Service Center. The handbook and planner she received on the first day are both messed up with pages missing, out of order and repeats. Maybe she can get that resolved there too. There may be information she is missing that would be helpful to her. I though I had read on DCP website about them having folks to talk to, but now I can't seem to find it. Maybe that is the Service Center people.

She said she had a good morning in class that it was fun and the instruction was enthusiastic. As soon as she got back to the room, she said she started feeling poorly again. I had her get a Sprite and eat some toast to give her something in her belly. If she can make it through traditions this afternoon, hopefully she will be on the mend. She told me she wanted to come home this morning and I had to put my foot down and tell her no. It nearly broke my heart, but her dad spent four days driving her car from CA so she would have it, and we are not turning around and doing that again before she even gets started.

Thanks for all your support. It really means a lot to me.

At first program, my S20, had bad roommates, switched rooms, better roommates - good role/FOH. Stayed the entire program

Second program: Bad role, bad hours (closing at MK), BOH. He decided to end his program after 4 months. Took the bus home. (I told: if he left, I was not picking him up)

If she is miserable (and some roles aren't worth staying) IMHO: Have her give it a month then decide. Of course, she's your child not mine. There's no one size fits all!

Just got a text from my daughter!! She is going to be working Toy Story Midway Mania!!! When she got Hollywood Studios that's what she wanted!! Can't wait to come back in Aug and see her at work!!!

I have a question about sun shade regulations at the DCP. My son has emailed to ask their rules on sunshades because he was looking into transitions lenses when he gets his eyes checked. Does anyone know if transitions are allowed? I have read that if you wear sunshades your eyes have to be visible and they have to be removed when talking to a guest. Have not been able to find anything about transition lenses.
Thanks in advance

Wow! I bought a FL resident AP that I used in 2012/ 2013 and I paid $389 incl tax. Prices just Keep going up and up!
But honestly I think it was a wise investment. I commuted from MD to visit DD and ended up spending 38 nights at the hotel using her CM discount. Some trips when I was paying $51 (final price) per night, it cost me just as much to fly back/forth as it did for a 5 night stay! LOL.
I figured out at one point I had 77 nights at WDW & on DCL in under 18 months. Love those great discounts!!

Wow! $51 a night? I can't get my DD to check the Hub - she is too busy, the internet is slow, etc. Planning a visit with my mom on October 11-14 and one again with the entire family on December 20-27. We always take advantage of military discount tickets and the Shades of Green resort but were so excited about staying somewhere different. Anyone have a child I can adopt who can check the Hub for me for those dates? I probably ask my DD every other day but she is working a ton and is too exhausted at night!!

I'm in the same situation kinda. My daughter is checking in and we plan on staying a little bit so its 8/17-23. Her friend is already down there and hasn't been able to check much for us.

Can anyone check for me? LOL I just need prices for a preferred room at Pop, Caribbean Bch or Coronado Springs if available. 2 people.

How do you/ or her know when the discount is better? She doesn't seem to sure about it when she did try to look once

I'm in the same situation kinda. My daughter is checking in and we plan on staying a little bit so its 8/17-23. Her friend is already down there and hasn't been able to check much for us.

Can anyone check for me? LOL I just need prices for a preferred room at Pop, Caribbean Bch or Coronado Springs if available. 2 people.

How do you/ or her know when the discount is better? She doesn't seem to sure about it when she did try to look once

There is usually information on special limited-time discounts on the same page as the link to make room reservations. I believe there is a summer special running now until August 16. The cm usually has to call to get the prices for the special discounts as there is typically a specific code for the deal.

Wow! $51 a night? I can't get my DD to check the Hub - she is too busy, the internet is slow, etc. Planning a visit with my mom on October 11-14 and one again with the entire family on December 20-27. We always take advantage of military discount tickets and the Shades of Green resort but were so excited about staying somewhere different. Anyone have a child I can adopt who can check the Hub for me for those dates? I probably ask my DD every other day but she is working a ton and is too exhausted at night!!

I can check for both of you this afternoon. DCPmom I just need resort & number of guests.

I can check for both of you this afternoon. DCPmom I just need resort & number of guests.

Thank you so much!! Not really sure what resort- hoping for something close to where my DD works (DHS) in case we need to drive her to work but open to other places as well. If you have a recommendation, that would be great. There will be 4 of us (myself, my mom, my 17 year old son and my DCP DD). Check in on October 11, check out on October 14 - we have been spoiled at the Shades of Green for the past 10 years ($130 per night). So I guess something in that price range! What are your thoughts?

Pop is not available.
CBR - $585 standard room
CSR - $602 standard room

Although, if you're going for her check in, she won't be able to get the discount for you. CMs don't get Hub access until training. Her friend could get the Friends & Family discount though (40%).

Thank you so much!! Not really sure what resort- hoping for something close to where my DD works (DHS) in case we need to drive her to work but open to other places as well. If you have a recommendation, that would be great. There will be 4 of us (myself, my mom, my 17 year old son and my DCP DD). Check in on October 11, check out on October 14 - we have been spoiled at the Shades of Green for the past 10 years ($130 per night). So I guess something in that price range! What are your thoughts?

No values are available.
CBR - $384 standard
CSR - $384 standard
SSR - $624 deluxe studio
AKL - $716 standard

CB & CS have other categories available at higher prices.

My daughter just booked an Art of Animation suite for me, her and her sister for Aug 15-20 for $789 I think total.

She almost had a heart attack since that was the price with the discount lol!

Thanks for all the input, folks! My DD21 is doing much better. She finally started her job and has been busy. That seems to be keeping her mind off of being homesick. She has started eating better and staying hydrated. I think a stern talk from her mother (me) reminding her that quitting is not an option when you make a commitment and helping her remember how excited she was in the months leading up to this amazing opportunity helped. She seems to be in her element now!!! :cool1:
Thank goodness, Momma was about to lose it!!!:worried:

Yeah we were planning on her friend booking for us. Right now we have a preferred room at Pop that I booked through Orbitz for $559

Are the rates you listed at 40% off or? I am assuming the special rates are only available until 8/16 still? (of course) and it was mentioned that when it shows up that she will actually need to call for price?

We really prefer the preferred rooms for the locations. I see you posted rates for standard. Does that mean its all that's available?

Pop is not available.
CBR - $585 standard room
CSR - $602 standard room

Although, if you're going for her check in, she won't be able to get the discount for you. CMs don't get Hub access until training. Her friend could get the Friends & Family discount though (40%).

No values are available.
CBR - $384 standard
CSR - $384 standard
SSR - $624 deluxe studio
AKL - $716 standard

CB & CS have other categories available at higher prices.

Thanks for the info. Can I assume these are 50% off since our daughter will be checking in with us? Never stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort so that looks like a good option.

Thanks for all the input, folks! My DD21 is doing much better. She finally started her job and has been busy. That seems to be keeping her mind off of being homesick. She has started eating better and staying hydrated. I think a stern talk from her mother (me) reminding her that quitting is not an option when you make a commitment and helping her remember how excited she was in the months leading up to this amazing opportunity helped. She seems to be in her element now!!! :cool1:
Thank goodness, Momma was about to lose it!!!:worried:

That's great news!! It is so hard to decide what to do when they are miserable! But, they really do have to give it a chance. My dd did not like her job too much in the beginning but she stayed with it and loves it now and hopes she can return to it in the spring when she gets back from Disney. I have a feeling we may run into an issue with my dd when she goes to Disney. We are a very close knit family but we will visit some and our ds will be close by and will probably get that way (or maybe she will be able to go see him when she has a couple of days off). He will be in Sarasota. What job did your dd get? I can't remember if you said already.

Hi all:thumbsup2

Just wanted to apologise to Traveliz, bethp1968 & ::snow white:: - thank you all for your replies to my post, I read them all and just realised I didn't thank you for taking the time to reply - most rude of me - so sorry!:blush:

But thank you - they were really helpful. My brother started work on a food cart at the entrance to World Showcase yesterday:)

Yeah we were planning on her friend booking for us. Right now we have a preferred room at Pop that I booked through Orbitz for $559

Are the rates you listed at 40% off or? I am assuming the special rates are only available until 8/16 still? (of course) and it was mentioned that when it shows up that she will actually need to call for price?

We really prefer the preferred rooms for the locations. I see you posted rates for standard. Does that mean its all that's available?

Thanks for the info. Can I assume these are 50% off since our daughter will be checking in with us? Never stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort so that looks like a good option.

I PM'd you both, so as not to clutter up this thread. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter