coming soon to McD

waltdisneyworlddreamer

100% WDW Fanatic
Just read in the Orlando paper that McDonald's will begin putting Disney toys in Happy Meals Friday in honor of the 100 years celebration. There will be 100 different characters and they will be hosting trading nights to encourage everyone to collect all 100. Also, they will begin selling WDW 100 Years glasses, set of 4, $1.99 each. :) :) :)

Looks like we will eating a lot of McD :)

I still have my glasses from the millennium celebration. Definitely worth the $8.00 I spent on them :D

Sounds like we'll have to make it to McDs.

My 7yo still likes happy meals but 10yo doesn't. The ones here do Happy Meal breakfast so that is a good option for us.

They usually have very nice glasses. I have the millennium & 25th anniversary. These will go great. They are on a high shelve, after we moved I had them in the regular cabinet and my babysitter was drinking out of them :eek: I made sure they wouldn't be mistaken for regular drinking glasses after that :)

Not yet!! We're still trying to get all the pieces of Capt. Hook's ship!!

Don't you just hate those toys that you have to piece together week after week??? I always seem to miss a week and can never complete the darn thing!!!!

2 kids + 4 different McD's = 2 complete ships! LOL

Originally posted by SandraC
2 kids + 4 different McD's = 2 complete ships! LOL

Oh my gosh, that reminds me of the beanie baby craze. We drove around from McD to McD to complete the set! LOL! There was a limit of 4 happy meals per customer and we would get milk for the drink since we could take that home and use it later!!!! Now the beanies are all still in their bags, i guess they will appreciate them someday!!!

Yeah, I did the beanie baby rounds waaaay too many times (now they are under my bed in their original bags collecting dust)

Lately my 4 yr old twins and I have tried to collect the Peter Pan ship (not completed)

And... we are leaving for WDW in 16 days !!!!!!! So of course, you can guess who will be first in line on Friday for lunch at McD's

But I can't resist - clogged arteries here we come!

:earsgirl:

How do you think they will distribute them, if there are 100 figures will there be several different ones distributed at a time? OMG I may have to eat Happy Meals for a month...LOL!

LuckyDog I see you will be at the Swan around the same time as us. What are your dates, we are there March 23-30...

Emmy

:) :D

We went to McDonald's tonight and the kids got "Bashful" from the Seven Dwarfs. He is a little plastic figurine on a small stand and is about 3 inches high and 1 inch wide. The stand has the words Walt Disney's 100 Year Celebration or something like that on a stick- on tag. Not the greatest quality for collecting but still great fun! It's interesting that this toy comes in a white bag that is almost impossible to see through unless opened. Hve fun! Threehearts

Great...unmarked bags???!?? I hate that, just like the Dalmations. They are supposed to be doing them in sets like 8 set of 13 or something....It's not supposed to start until Friday. They are still doing Peter pan here. So when you buy 3 Happy Meals you can't ask for 3 different toys......rats.

Bashful and Tramp

first they told me they did not have all the glasses none of the Mickeys and when I said I wanted 5 sets suddenly they appeared.....

SO excited I got all mine in one go.

Mal

Mine will not have the glasses until tomorrow. But my husband did get 2 glasses out of town. Between 3 of us we had 5 happy meals today. We did get 5 different characters! that gives me hope that there will be a variety.

Got dumbo and bashful today. Also got my glass. Are all the glasses availabale now?I got Magic kingdom with tinketbell, pinnochio, bambi, and dumbo on it.

some people were getting glasses and fiqures yesterday but I stopped at 3 MickeyD's and none available.

Went back today and I got two happy meals and said I wanted 3 sets of the glasses.They first said they had only Epcot,AK & MK no MGM that is the one with Mickey on it.

But the manager came over and said let me go downstairs and get your glasses and he came back up with the MGM ones also so I endend up getting 5 sets.

I have family in England that 3 of the sets are going to.

Mal

Magic Kingdom Glass - the Castle,teacups,Bambi,chip and dale,Dumbo,Pinocchio,Tink,and a small snowglobe with Mickey in it

Animal Kingdom- Tree of Life,Goofy, Mowglii and Baloo,Robin Hood,Mickey in a safari car,Simba & Pocahontas

Epcot- Spaceship Earth(the big golfball),Buzz Lightyear,monorail,Beauty and the Beast,Aladin & Mushu and Mickey waving

MGM- Steamboat Willie, Sorcerer's Hat,Dopey,SnowWhite and the seven Dwarfts,Minnie in a vintage car,Donald,Pluto

they all have trivia and facts on them Kind of look like the 25 Annie Glasses.Not as good as the Millenium Glasses but very nice.

Mal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter