Coming to you from OKW ...

WEDway2002

Fan of the ride ... but mostly ... fan of Walt!
Well, here we are! :cool1:

We arrived yesterday (7/15) at OKW and spent the better part of this morning at the MK. Now I don't want to jinx anything ... but ... it was really quiet! Of course it was not an EMH morning (we like to "go against the grain" and NOT go for the EMHs). Anyway ... we were very suprised at how empty it seemed.

Things at OKW are great ... had a small hassle getting a room location that we liked (we aren't that fussy but we're here for two weeks and DW likes a second or third floor and it took some doing) ... it was only because housekeeping never "released" the room so we didn't get in until almost 5:30. No big deal ... everything is great and we love our location (building 36 ... a short walk to the Turtle Shack pool).

As I write, my DD and DS are hunkering in to the pull out couch (we're in a one bedroom). This is just the best ... we are SO lucky!

Well ... off to EPCOT tomorrow and Soarin'! Then maybe TT and the "new" LS with Nemo ... lunch at The Garden Grill and a bit of the countries. It's so nice to take it easy and not run ourselves ragged!

If anyone has a question and I can answer it ... I'll be happy to. I hope to get online for a bit each day.

Dave

Have a great vacation! The new Nemo ride is really fun. You'll be singing the theme song all day long! OKW is great, isn't it? We stayed there for the first time in March and loved it!

Enjoy your stay!
Blakely

Make sure to get that 1st row at Soarin... man I love the smell from those Orange Blossoms.:thumbsup2

Hi - I'd be curious to know what "style" sleeper sofa is in the 1-bedroom you have? Is is the old-style "bar in the back"? Hope not! LOL

Enjoy your stay, and I hope The World stays "as empty" as you said the MK was! :)

By any chance do you know what the height requirements are for Soarin?

Sounds like an interesting ride.

Hi - I'd be curious to know what "style" sleeper sofa is in the 1-bedroom you have? Is is the old-style "bar in the back"? Hope not! LOL

Enjoy your stay, and I hope The World stays "as empty" as you said the MK was! :)

Hi ...

Well, unfortunately, it's the old style here in building 36 ... last trip we were in building 55 and it was the newer one. The only drawback with that, though, is it seemed like a slightly smaller sofa.
We hope it stays quite too ... thanks!

Dave

By any chance do you know what the height requirements are for Soarin?

Sounds like an interesting ride.

I always say that it's more like a religious experience! :cloud9:

I'll find out for sure ... and someone else might beat me to it :goodvibes ... but I think it may be 40".

Dave

Thanks so much for the quick answer Dave! Now - if they'd only replace the "bar in the back" ones before my trip in December, I'd be a happy woman! :)

Hope the rest of your stay is totally magical!

Thanks for posting.....

Hope your trip stays magical....

Where do you get internet service?.....How much is it?
thanks
kerri

Thanks so much for the quick answer Dave! Now - if they'd only replace the "bar in the back" ones before my trip in December, I'd be a happy woman! :)

Hope the rest of your stay is totally magical!

Amen to that! My DS and DD are sharing and they're doing ok ...
Thanks for the good wishes!

Dave

Thanks for posting.....

Hope your trip stays magical....

Where do you get internet service?.....How much is it?
thanks
kerri

I have a couple of minutes to post (DW is in the shower) ...
This is my first time bringing a laptop ... and it's sooooooo cool! :banana:
Access is $9.99 for 24 contiguous hours. So far it's working out great.
DD used it on the plane for a movie and now I can post here (of course :thumbsup2 ), load photos, check e-mail, consult google earth (we like to roam), etc. ... I feel really "connected"! :lmao:
I'll be happy to answer any questions that anyone might have ... my way of giving back to these terrific boards!

Dave (off to Epcot!)

Must be the Turtle Pond area that still has the old sofa beds. We were in BLD 38 Christmas week and that is what was in there. Will need it this year so hope to get one of the new ones in September. Maybe we will get lucky and get BLDG 55 again. Really liked that location last Sept.

We just returned yesterday from 6 days at WDW, and we found the parks to be very crowded on the days we went for EMH but not so bad otherwise. We only went twice for EMH (once to AK because I like to ride the Safari as early as possible). We did get rained on several times, but otherwise the trip was good. Hope you have a great week!

BTW, the height requirement for Soarin' is indeed 40". My DD4 was tall enough this trip and I talked her into riding! She said she liked it, but I couldn't talk her into riding again...

OK ... so we went to Epcot today but got there about 9:15 (opened at 9 today) and we made a bee line for Soarin'. Stand by was about 40 minutes (not bad) but we opted for fast passes (love to just walk on :cool1: ). Headed to The Seas with Nemo ... walked right in ... very cool! Loved the clam-mobiles and the show ... very cute ... great theming! Saw Turtle Talk with Crush ... VERY FUNNY! I forgot how good this could be ...
Saw a dolphin demo and always love to see a diver enter the "tube".
Headed back to Soarin' ... and yes ... I AM a sap ... the minute we took off and I saw the Golden Gate bridge I got a lump in my throat that didn't leave until well after the ride. I'll say it again ... it's a religious experience! :cloud9:
We had ADRs for the Garden Grill which worked out perfectly. Everything was very good!
We then went to Mexico to try the new Rio del Tiempo with the 3 Cabelleros.
Cute ... still enjoyable ... but I DO miss the old tune. Much of it is the same ...
DS has wanted one of those cool puppets found outside China so that was our plan. He had saved up and we went and bought one. By then it was pretty hot so we headed back to OKW to cool off and relax.
Went to MK tonight to maybe get in a ride and catch SM / Wishes. It was pretty crowded ... decided to have a bite at Columbia Harbour House (ate upstairs ... love to do that). We decided to head back and go swimming ... BUT ... lightning in the area prevented that.
That's what I love about DVC ... we take it slow and easy and stay flexible. We are also lucky to be staying for 2 weeks so we have the luxury of time.
Well ... off to MGM tomorrow w/lunch at Prime Time.
I'll post more tomorrow ... maybe some random thoughts ...

Dave

We are also lucky to be staying for 2 weeks so we have the luxury of time.

We have never done a really long stay like this...I would LOVE to, though! You are right about the luxury of time! Instead, we tend to do 3 5-day trips throughout the year. The positive of that plan is that our next trip is never too far away! :love:

I just have one question what children activities do they have? I read somewhere that they give you a list at check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter