Coming to you Live from Disney World! SEE NEW THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next we have an (almost) live update from SmallWorld71, who had lunch last Friday (the final day of her trip) at Magic Kingdom's...

She said, "Here are some pics of our first entree plates from our lunch on Friday at Crystal Palace."

And some pics from the buffet...

"One of the things we like about this place is it has a wide variety to please everyone in the family. This is our fourth time eating here and service and character interaction has always been good." :thumbsup2

2 April Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for pic of DD, sign pic, and buffet pics

B4655BE5-97FD-4AA4-B7CD-78508564098E-30789-0000130D426750CE.jpg
[/URL]

Anchors Aweigh Sandwich - white tuna with lettuce and tomato on toasted multigrain bun with potato chips

Mmm...this sandwich... :love::love::love:

Time for one last update this morning and then the rest will come later. :thumbsup2

Mommyof3inVA headed to the Polynesian resort last night for dinner at...

KONA CAFE

She said, "We had a wonderful dinner at Kona Café. I had a lapu lapu and loved it!" :)

"My entrée was the Teriyaki New York Strip Steak with broccolini and rice."

"My husband had the pork chop, veggies and smashed potatoes."

"The kids both had chicken tenders with fries [no pic] and the build your own ice cream sundae. They loved it!"

"We were celebrating our anniversary and the server treated us to two complimentary yummy cupcakes." :)

5 April Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for pic of Mommyof3 :thumbsup2

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate is...

:cheer2: Rarity :cheer2:

Rarity will be at Disney World from 4/25 - 4/28 and has offered to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, Rarity!!! :cool1:

I would say the individual pizza is about 11 - 12" in size and thin crust. I've never been able to eat a whole individual size pizza here myself. I've always shared with at least one other person. :thumbsup2

Thanks. That Quattro fromagi looks great but I want room for WS treats too. Maybe someone will share with me.

Let's begin this evening with an update from Hannikins, who had a special anniversary dinner last night at....

"I love how even my bag got its own seat."

"The water menu selection..."

"Great view..."

"Amuse bouche - I'll have to provide full descriptions in my final report but this was a crab and salmon taster..."

"The first of the bread courses, a simple French style baguette..."

"First course - Shrimp to start..."

"Second course - Halibut, this was my favourite dish, the tomato flavours were so intense."

"Second course - scallop with corn..."

"Second bread course, seasoned with black truffle, this was more like a brioche."

"Third course - oxtail ravioli..."

"Third course - duck with cauliflower..."

"Out of the two we preferred the oxtail."

"Fourth course - we both had the lamb, very nice but the goats cheese was a little overwhelming."

"Fifth course - a cheese plate..."

"Fifth course - white chocolate gelato..."

"The coffee before brewing ..."

"And after!"

"Completely forgotten its name! It had sherbet on it though!"

"Again name escapes me, it was banana based."

"Treats to finish..."

"Overall we had a fabulous time and we'll certainly be back."

5 April Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign, menu and misc. pics

Next we have SmallWorld71's final update from Magic Kingdom.

She said, You can not go to MK without getting one of these beauties..."

"We were so busy we did not stop off for dinner until 10:15 at..."

Cosmic Ray's

"Because it was so late only one bay was open with a limited menu. We ended up getting a hot dog, chicken sandwich, and a kids chicken nuggets. It was all fine, but nothing special."

"Lastly, some edible souvenirs from the Emporium at MK..."

4 April Game Points Earned

And since we have received SmallWorld71's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter...Good Job!!! :thanks:

SmallWorld71's Total April/May Game Points Earned = 60

And since we have received SmallWorld71's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter...Good Job!!! :thanks:

SmallWorld71's Total April/May Game Points Earned = 60

Not bad for a 3 day trip. :cheer2:
Thanks for letting me play along! And a big thanks to DS14 who took the pictures on his i-pod for me and sent them all in. :thumbsup2

Our First Update of the Day was sent to us this morning by DeeDee (buzz1121).

Yesterday she and her family had lunch at DHS'...

50's Prime Time Cafe

First some menu pics...

"DS chose to have lunch at 50's Prime Time because he really enjoys when the servers get into the antics. Our server wasn't into the antics as much, but she was really sweet."

"DS and DD selected chicken nuggets and french fries for their meal..."

"They both cleaned their plates, so I think it is safe to say they enjoyed their food or they were scared they would have to have whipped cream collard greens for dessert!" ;)

"DH chose pot roast for his entree..."

Mom's Old Fashioned Pot Roast - Slow cooked 'til fork tender, served with mashed potatoes, carrots, celery and onions

"He enjoyed it and said it was tender and season well."

"I had the Caesar salad with salmon..."

Caesar Salad - Romaine lettuce tossed with caesar dressing, grated parmesan, and garlic croutons. With Salmon added.

"Holy smokes! This is a terrific salad. The usual Caesar salad is taken to new heights with a perfectly seasoned, moist salmon filet. I have found a new love at Prime Time and I'm going to be hard pressed to order anything different. I hope this remains on the menu when it is updated."

"The kids had an ice cream sundae for dessert [no pic]. DH and I passed on dessert here in favor of eating a little leftover pirate birthday cake."

2 April Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for First Update of the Day and menu pics

Then another update from DeeDee (buzz1121), this one from their dinner last night at Epcot's...

VIA NAPOLI

First some menu pics...

"We went to what is, in my opinion, one of the easiest kid pleasers...Via Napoli. Most kids like pizza. DS could eat it several times a day if I let him."

"DS and DD chose the Kids individual pizza upgraded to include pepperoni."

"The pizza was inhaled by both of them, almost faster than I could say their names together in a sentence!"

"DH and I were undecided as to what we wanted to get. I thought in support of the thread the chicken parm with roasted potatoes might be a nice pic, but in the end we ordered and split the Margherita pizza...

...and the Quattro Formaggi pizza."

"We have had both before and they were both excellent again. The slight edge tonight goes to the margherita pizza. The sauce and cheese tasted terrific and the basil gave it a little more pizzazz."

"We did not order dessert here as we had other plans." ;)

2 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for menu pics

And one more update from DeeDee (buzz1121).

She said, "A first for the Buzz family, but certainly no first to this thread was our choice for dessert last night. Isn't it great and amazing that you can have many trips to WDW and still have restaurants that you have never been to" :thumbsup2

"We took a short walk and arrived at our destination..."

Beaches and Cream

First a menu pic...

"I have a long abiding love of peanut butter in desserts so I knew DH and I needed to try the Grilled Banana Bread and Peanut Butter."

Grilled Banana Bread and Peanut Butter with caramelized bananas, whipped cream, and a scoop of ice cream

"Get yourself to B & C while this is available. You won't regret it. My one regret is that in an effort to be a good wife I gave my husband the bigger piece of the banana bread/peanut butter sandwich."

"DS and DD got the cutest ice cream sundaes..."

"They chose chocolate ice cream and it was served looking like a mouse, complete with a cherry nose, chocolate chip eyes, and Oreo ears."

"This was DS's final pick for birthday dining. This morning, bright and early, DD takes front and center stage with her set of picks. I need to go ahead and warn you that due to the overall like of 2 of the prior dining picks, DD requested two changes."

1 April Game Point Earned + 1 Bonus Point for menu pic

Next we received some updates from a new reporter who arrived at Disney World on Sunday, MRYPPNS.

The first was from Epcot...

"Frozen Kirin from Japan."

"It's our favorite beer, served super cold on a humid day. DH and I shared it while the kids played in one of the F & G playgrounds."

Then from the Pineapple Promenade booth...

"I missed sitting in Adventureland with my Dole Whip but it tasted great in Epcot too."

And then from Mexico's...

La Cantina de San Angel

"The Kids Chicken Tenders meal was two chicken strips, bag of grapes, nacho chips and cheese sauce."

"DH and I shared the Beef and Chicken Tacos..."

"Good but no enough for the price. I'll stick to the loaded nachos next time."

4 April Game Points Earned

Then next is MRYPPN's snack update from Animal Kingdom's...

Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery

Apple Turnover

Earth Day Cupcake with a fudge center (available this week only)

1 April Game Point Earned

Rumpletinker also sent us a snack update from Animal Kingdom today.

Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery

Cottontop Tamarin Cupcake

"It was chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream and dark chocolate shavings. The icing was the best part."

And then from Yak & Yeti Counter Service...

Pork Egg Rolls

"These were piping hot and delicious!"

2 April Game Points Earned

Then next is Rumpletinker's dinner update from Animal Kingdom Lodge's...

She said, "DSis and I got basically the same things so I'll just send you one plate of each course."

Couscous Seafood Soup

"This had a bite to it but really flavorful."

"Starting at the top: barbecue spare rib, steak, bobotie, mac 'n cheese, paneer cheese and peas in a tomato sauce over rice, salmon with some kind of olive crust, and bourbon chicken in the middle."

"The only thing we didn't care for was the ribs. The meat was tough and the spices were a little overwhelmingly sweet. Everything else was amazing!"

"Starting at the top: shortbread cookie, passion fruit panna cotta, banana butterscotch bread pudding with vanilla sauce, peanut butter mousse, zebra dome, and Kenyan coffee tart."

"One word: Yummo!"

2 April Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Points for sign pic

Next we have Mommyof3inVA's lunch update from Downtown Disney's...

Earl of Sandwich

The Earl's Club - roast turkey, smoked bacon, Swiss cheese, lettuce, roma tomato and sandwich sauce

"I had the Earl Club and loved every bite! I also ordered grapes and chips."

Then a dessert update from...

Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop

"The kids had ice cream at Ghirardelli and I had the brownie sundae. It was delicious!"

3 April Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for pic of kids and menu

Then MRYPPNS sent a dinner update from an off-property location...

Santa Fe Cattle Co.
(located at 13520 S. Apopka Vineland Rd.)

First a pic of the Kids menu...

Hot Dog Kids Meal

She said, "Our steak dinners and kids meals cost less than lunch at La Cantina! We all enjoyed it very much."

3 April Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for menu pic

Barb, I got your message and I'm confirming that I'm still on for sending you live reports. Here's my ADR list for dinner:

Yachtsman Steakhouse
BlueZoo
Victoria & Albert's
Flying Fish
Monsieur Paul
Via Napoli
Jiko
Nine Dragons

Thanks so much for doing this for all of us!!

Barb, I got your message and I'm confirming that I'm still on for sending you live reports. Here's my ADR list for dinner:

Yachtsman Steakhouse
BlueZoo
Victoria & Albert's
Flying Fish
Monsieur Paul
Via Napoli
Jiko
Nine Dragons

Thanks so much for doing this for all of us!!

That is one outstanding list of dinner ADRs. I'm looking forward to receiving your updates! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter