Comments on Staying at the Yacht Club

liquidsky88

There's a mouse in the house!
I just booked the first week of my Honeymoon at the Yacht Club. Can anyone give me their opinions of the hotel? Maybe advice on dining there and any romantic spots?

Beautiful hotel. I've stayed a couple times. Recently renovated and just gorgeous on the inside. Check-in cast members vary on friendliness. If you're lucky and get a good one, politely and energetically ask if any 'no-charge' upgrades are available and you might get lucky. Concierge is wonderful and is occassionally given as a free upgrade.

Best resort area on property for adults IMO. Can't go wrong at Yacht, Beach or Boardwalk. Walking to Epcot is a great perk since Illuminations shows late every night and you can walk over after returning to your hotel from other parks.

Can't comment on Yacht restaurants but Beaches & Cream is great, and you've got the Flying Fish across the lake, as well as Spoodles, both of which are frequently reviewed favorably on the boards.

Downside is that it is a convention hotel, which makes it odd sometimes to be in theme park attire mixing with men in suits and ties.

Lounge recently began serving continental breakfast making it much more convenient than previously.

I think the quiet pool and hot-tub can be romantic if not invaded by noisy kids.

If you want a little romantic hideaway, take a water taxi to the Boardwalk, walk up the stairs to the Lobby of the Inn, take a left, walk down the hallway and out the door at the end of the hall. There, you can descend the staircase into the rose garden. There are many benches. Very secluded beautiful, dimly lit and romantic. They have weddings in this area on some Saturdays. People may be on their balconies however, but even so, this area was pretty quiet the two times I stayed there.

Enjoy! I'll be back at the YC in May! Can't wait!

My wife and I stayed at the YC on our honeymoon back in '98. We had a great time. We had our nice sit-down meal at the Yachtsman and thoroughly enjoyed it. A bit pricey, but we did get some complimentary champagne.

Just be certain to make it known everywhere you go that you are on your honeymoon. You never know when it might pay off. We received several freebies over our 8 day stay.

If you cannot get a free or reasonable upgrade to Concierge, I would suggest seeing if you might be able to snag one of the rooms in the 3157-3163 range. These rooms look directly out onto Crescent Lake and have a great view of the Boardwalk. At least they did in '98. We all know trees do grow.

Enjoy your honeymoon. It should be a wonderful experience.

P.S. You mentioned you booked it for your first week. Whatever you do, if you're going off-property for the rest of the time, don't stay anywhere on International Drive!!! It will ruin the rest of your stay.

I second that DemoBri1. That northern half of International Drive is just plain tourist hell. There's no other way to put it LOL. Hotels bunched real close together, tacky souvenir shops, strip malls, and wall to wall gridlock traffic, sometimes to the point of not being able to move your car very much through several stoplight changes. I always feel so sorry for the people who get rooms in that area, coming from somewhere else and not knowing what they are getting themselves into. Just my opinion, but I'd rather stay at the All-Stars than at a luxury resort on International Drive.

DemoBri1
Is Cresent Lake considered a standard room or is that an upgrade? Should I also fax a request for an upgrade letter a few days before I get there too? Just wondering what other honeymooners did. Thanks.

Cresent Lake view is considered a water view room.

Here are pictures of our stay at the YC in August of this year.
YC pictures

We had a great time. We were celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary.

liquidsky88,
The YC has long been our favorite resort on Disney property! The location is about the best you can get in WDW.

Have you booked a standard or waterview room, and did you have them make note that this is your honeymoon? IMHO, some of the best views are the waterviews that look out over the gazebo and Cresent Lake. Many times you will catch a wedding going on by the gazebo. Very romantic! The quiet pool can also be a nice romantic spot, but the hot tubs are right near B & C , and during the day, there is not much privacy. At night it is probably better. The pool has stayed open until 10pm in July, but each year is different, and the times vary.

We never fax our room requests, just have them noted on our reservation. This is a personal thing, and many people believe they get an advantage to faxing. We always book a standard room, (except one year), and most of the time we have been upgraded without even asking! The best was in 2001 when we were upgraded from standard to concierge! We sure were doing the happy dance that trip! And this was during the week of July 4th when we always go! In general, the YC aims to please!

Which by the way, we'll be at the YC the same time as you! If you have any other questions, just ask! :):D:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Cindala,
We are booking everything through our wedding coordinator. So I'm not sure how this upgrade thing will work. Should I ask her or will she just note it because we are getting married there?
Since you will be there at the same time as us, just look for the two NJ newlyweds. Everytime we go there people know we are from NJ because they say we have accents. Who knows?

:rolleyes: :bounce:

That's so funny about the accents! I get - You can't be from NJ because you DON'T have an accent!

Congrats on your wedding & honeymoon. People on the wedding board say to wear your ears everywhere!! The YC is beautiful & even if you get a regular room, I'm sure you will love it. I hope you have a wonderful time!

liquidsky88,
Most definately check with your wedding coordinator and ask her what notes she has put on your reservation. You could ask her about complimentary upgrades. I'm not sure how that will work since we always book directly ourselves.

I know what you mean about the "Jersey" accent. Many confuse it with the NY accent. We just stick out when we say "saw-sage" instead of 'sas-sage'. :teeth: Well, we are only 14 miles from NYC! We'll definately keep a look out for you! :):D:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

liquidsky88,

I will attempt to post a pic for you later this evening of our view from the room. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but my web access has been shaky at best today.

The room we had was a waterview room. We actually ended up with it because the original waterview room that we had ended up having a blocked view courtesy of some trees that had grown a bit too tall. The Front Desk sent someone up to take a look and 5 minutes later they whisked us over to our other room.

I would definitely call or fax a room request if possible. I don't know if the rehab has been finished yet, so they might still be working on these bank of rooms.

Also, I think other people have hit the nail on the head. Check with your Wedding Planner and stress to them what type of room you want.

Check back around 8-9 Central Time. I should, hopefully, have a couple of pics up on this post for you.

Brian

Thanks Brian.
We set up our room block yesterday. We like the Yacht Club a lot. I know the pool is beautiful because last time we were staying in Disney we checked it out. We were sold just on the pool!

My husband and I celebrated our be-lated honeymoon at the Yacht Club 9/28-10/7/02 and absolutely loved it! Our room was 1036, which has a patio that walks out to the private pool and hot tub. We had very romantic and quiet evenings soaking in the hot tub and walking around the resort. I also like the fact that it's a short walk to and from Epcot. One evening we walked back from Epcot and stopped on the beach to swing and watch the sun set. It was beautiful. We loved this resort so much we plan on returning 10/04.
Congratulations and enjoy.:Pinkbounc

One of the most romantic things about theYC is walking to epcot at night. I think Epcot can be so romantic and beautiful in the different countries and you can walk in and out since it's sooo close.

Love the YC and hope you do too.

The Yacht Club is a beautiful resort! I highly doubt you will be disappointed, it is so elegant and comfortable! I love the theming, and the location.
I always have experienced first rate service at the YC! and SAB is wonderful! :)

enjoy moonlit strolls around crescent lake, and sit on the beach (by the BC) late at night! so romantic! :)

have a great honeymoon! :)

Laura :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter