Compliments of the Resorts Forum - Designated Smoking areas at DVC Resorts

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebmasterDoc

Administrator
Administrator
Many thanks to Canadian Guy and the Resorts Forum moderators for posting maps of all of the WDW and DVC resort Designated Smoking Areas.

OKW Designated Smoking Areas.

VB Designated Smoking Areas.

HH Designated Smoking Areas.

BWV Designated Smoking Areas.

VWL Designated Smoking Areas.

BCV Designated Smoking Areas.

SSR Designated Smoking Areas.

AKV Designated Smoking Areas.

**PLEASE NOTE: This is not an opportunity for any discussion of the Disney policy regarding tobacco use and any attempts to make it such will result in those posts to be removed and appropriate infraction points applied. Thanks in advance for that compliance.

So if I am in building 29 at OKW I have to walk all the way over to the HH or all the way over to build 56 to have a smoke?

Yeah I see everyone doing that.... :confused3

Also Looking at the BWV maps... are we to infer that smoking along the BW is now is designated area's also??

EDIT TO ADD>>>> NVM I see at OKW (at least) there are smoking areas in front of each building.

Can you smoke in your vehicle in the parking lot? A family member wants to know.:confused3

smoking in front of EVERY building at OKW.

I am allergic to tobacco - how is this an improvement?

well at BWV at least it isn't at every exit.

at VWL smoking is where you are going to pool.

I really think Disney needs to rethink this plan. This is worst than allowing smoking in the room.

how are people like me, who are allergic to smoke, surpose to avoid it.

smoking in front of EVERY building at OKW.

I am allergic to tobacco - how is this an improvement?

well at BWV at least it isn't at every exit.

People demanded no smoking IN the buildings....

SSR also has smoking areas in front of every building.

BWV, BCV, HHI and Vero are smaller and you must go to a designated area for those resorts.

People demanded no smoking IN the buildings....

SSR also has smoking areas in front of every building.

yea but with SSR you can go around and get in the back way.

OKW has one way in and out - no avoiding the smokers.

Thanks for posting the information, Doc! This is very useful.

Thanks, Doc! Been waiting on pins and needles since June 1st for this.

Oh, btw, does anyone know what the designated smoking areas are like? Is there a bench, or any chairs, is it covered? Thanks.

Well I guess if there is smoking in front of each bldg at SSR then he wont need to go to his car. I just looked back at the SSR map and at first, I did not see that footnote.

Thanks!

both OKW and SSR have benches that are probably the smoking areas.

one of OKW is in the entry of some of the building - so no avoiding it - if someone picks to smoke here.

both OKW and SSR have benches that are probably the smoking areas.

one of OKW is in the entry of some of the building - so no avoiding it - if someone picks to smoke here.

The bench in front of OKW has been there I think you will be able to go around this as there a few entrances to the buildings or you can walk along the entire first floor by the doors to the rooms so you should be able to find an entrnace/exit to this that will avoid this area.

Thank you for this informaiton, Doc! It'll be nice to be able to give the ILs the map to show them that they will, in fact, be able to smoke on vacation with us. Since smoking will be allowed at the entrance to each building at SSR then I see no problem for FIL taking his ECV down the elevator.

I was just worried that the smoking areas would be far away from each building which would make him not want to go with us (he'd think that he was going to be too much trouble) since he's never been there before and would be worried about getting lost and not being able to find the room again.

Gotta love him though...:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Jody, if I remember correctly the benches aren't far at all from the elevators.

I have written DVC about OKW. I know some of you think I am going overboard.

but if you got an asthma attack when you smelled tobacco smoke - you would avoid it too.

My husband enjoy a cigar while at the beach in the afternoon with our son. In the evening, he goes down by the BCV pool with wine, a cigar and his book. Both spots are marked on the map as designated areas so he's a happy camper. The one by the pool already had an ashtray. It seems many areas are the same ones that were already equipped with ashtrys and benches.

Thanks for the links.:thumbsup2

I'm really wondering what moron picked the smoking locations at Vero.

There is one right by where you walk out the resort to go to the pool, then there is another one right by the tot lot. Yah, good thinking there.

Has there always been smoking allowed at the entrance of the buildings at SSR and also anywhere on the grounds? Were there designated areas outside before this new rule?

Has there always been smoking allowed at the entrance of the buildings at SSR and also anywhere on the grounds? Were there designated areas outside before this new rule?

We were there at Thanksgiving and my eldest hates smoking and it was like running the gauntlet(sp) to get from DME stop to Carriage House and back.

I'm an exsmoker, but I wouldn't feel comfortable standing using those smoking areas. Plus I don't think it is really a good first impression of the resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter