Concerned BWV Owner

Bill K

DVC Member / Animal Kingdom
I purchased 250 BWV points in 1999 on the understanding that BWV would be my "Home" resort. I purchased BWV because I enjoyed this resort the most, and that my main stays would be spent at BWV. For the past 2 years it has become increasingly difficult to confirm a ressie there!!! The other resorts are fantastic however I miss the BWV!!! What happened!!! :sad1:

I know! I own at BCV I thought maybe we would have some sort of a open slot for those direct owners.:confused3

How far out are you trying to book? I've owned BWV since early 2000 and I've never had a problem booking at the 11 month window. When I've tried to book in a short time frame (say 2-3 months out) I haven't been able to but then I've just booked at OKW and enjoyed my stay there.

Your home resort gives you the 11 month booking window so if you can plan ahead you shouldn't have any problem.

I know! I own at BCV I thought maybe we would have some sort of a open slot for those direct owners.:confused3

You do...from 11 months to 7 months from your vacation, you are the only ones who can make a reservation.:confused3 unless I am not understanding what you are saying.

What happened? People buying the newer resorts and making a reservation at 7 months for your BWV.

We own BWV and haven't yet had a problem making our reservations...I also call with plenty of lead time and we to date have travelled at not peak times.

been members at BWV since 2002 and never had a problem getting the 3,4,or 5 rooms we need in May Or Oct.

When are you trying to book?

I purchased 250 BWV points in 1999 on the understanding that BWV would be my "Home" resort. I purchased BWV because I enjoyed this resort the most, and that my main stays would be spent at BWV. For the past 2 years it has become increasingly difficult to confirm a ressie there!!! The other resorts are fantastic however I miss the BWV!!! What happened!!! :sad1:

I'm not sure I understand your question. You do, in fact have a home resort priority booking window. This if from 11 months to 7 months ahead of the time you want to travel. After that 7 month mark, your home resort priority window ends, and is opened up to those who own other DVC resorts. I Own OKW, and utilize my home resort priority all the time. It is rare that I try to book or change late in the game. I also do NOT book BWV, so I have no first hand experience there.

We usually go yearly. We usually go non peak time with as much planning as possible utilizing the 11 month window. At first we had no problems at all, but have been shut out the past several tries. I do not put to much faith in the wait list procedure, can't really plan anything with that and not willing to call everyday unless it's a big event.

I'd have to start planning during my next BWV stay during my present stay. Just want to be able to enjoy home!!!

My 2 cents. Well I did get my BVC for January my original request. Thrilled!! We had to cancel due to my mother in-law died. So I just am haing a hard time with not being able to rebook at my home resort due to a cancellation due to a death in the family.

We usually go yearly. We usually go non peak time with as much planning as possible utilizing the 11 month window. At first we had no problems at all, but have been shut out the past several tries. I do not put to much faith in the wait list procedure, can't really plan anything with that and not willing to call everyday unless it's a big event.

I'd have to start planning during my next BWV stay during my present stay. Just want to be able to enjoy home!!!

Non-peak Disneyworld times or non-peak DVC times? The lower point times are becoming more popular with DVC members, as many older members are reaching an age where they can travel when they want to, rather than having to work around school/work schedules.

Chuck makes a good point. We did day by day for the first time for early December 2007. It is a non peak time as far as the parks, but very popular with the DVC folks. Calling day by day was easy and I got what we wanted (one bedroom boardwalk view) for all our days.

We often have 2 trips (sometimes 3) reserved for BCV/VWL.

Hi Bill

We also purchased at BWV in 99. Never had a problem booking a room except during peak periods. Now keep in mind that we always book WAY ahead of time. 6 months minimum, and usually the full 11 months out. NOw granted there was one time we tried to book 11 months out and were told that BWV was booked. A heated phone call to our rep. took care of that problem. In theory, there should be NO WAY that your home resort should be booked up 11 months out. That would mean that Disney is renting out the rooms to non-members ahead of the 11 month point. This would sound like a Class Action against Disney according to everything I read when buying in.

Mike©

If you are getting shut out at the 11 month window, you must be willing to accept only a standard view or a guaranteed boardwak view. Even the very popular times (with the possible exception of New Year's Eve) do not sell out totally at the 11 month window.

That said, Yes - the landscape has changed over the past few years. The people that bought (and continue to buy) those resale add on contracts did so to get the home resort booking advantage. A very large proportion of them value the SV and BW view rooms, and they know to call day by day to get them.

Bottom Line: If you want SV or BW view, you have to call day by day as well - too many others are willing and able to do so.

As Carol suggests, yes, more folks may be calling day by day at 11 months.
With that said, I wouldn't think it's possible to get significantly harder to book at right at 11 months. After all, once the resort is sold out, no more points are created that can be used at the 11 month window. :smokin:

MG

It would be hard to answer, "What Happened", unless we know when you are trying to book, what size unit, and when you called.

Then we might be able to tell you what is going on.

Mike©;17536330 said:
Hi Bill

We also purchased at BWV in 99. Never had a problem booking a room except during peak periods. Now keep in mind that we always book WAY ahead of time. 6 months minimum, and usually the full 11 months out. NOw granted there was one time we tried to book 11 months out and were told that BWV was booked. A heated phone call to our rep. took care of that problem. In theory, there should be NO WAY that your home resort should be booked up 11 months out. That would mean that Disney is renting out the rooms to non-members ahead of the 11 month point. This would sound like a Class Action against Disney according to everything I read when buying in.

Mike©

I thought in theory it was the other way around. There should be enough BWV points to book EVERY room for EVERY night ( between owners and DVD owned points)

What do you think would happen if 50 % of owners decided they wanted New Years eve. Even if they all called exactly 11 months most all of them are going to hear sold out for the night.

Its what we give up to have flexibility instead of tide down to the same one week every year.

Bought in 2005 and have not had a problem booking at the 11 or 7 month window.

Mike©;17536330 said:
Hi Bill

Mike©

There is always the possiblilty that those who book reservations for prime times with the idea of renting them may clog up a given time frame creating no rooms available in a given resort for that time. There is also the fact that a given group off rooms may be booked at exactly 11 months out - ie. studio or GV for NYE.

I haven't had a problem booking BWV (owned since '98). I usually book between 8-11 months out, and the only time I do a day-by-day is for a specific room type (standard or BW view). We go during some popular DVC times (F & W, January, Flower & Garden).:goodvibes
Other than the F & W trip, we do split-stays with other DVCs, so we're more flexible with the BWV part of the vacation.

We've owned BWV since '03, and we always been able to get BWV ressies when that's what we've wanted. Was even able to change to SV 2 bedroom in April for August one year when we acquired more points (had 2 SV studios booked).:goodvibes (waitlisted) Maybe you will have to book earlier and be willing to try the waitist...it's worked for me!...and I do call day by day for December stays.

I've mentioned on another thread that I will be trying for a GV next June...well, since there's so few, we may be disappointed there, but we're giving it a try.
Bobbi:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter