• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Concerns about Pop...

We were just a Pop not too long ago. We had a room that was closer to the lake, not the pool, so we didn't notice any noise from outside. The only noise we really noticed was from the room above us. Now that the floors are the laminate flooring, when people drop things you hear the click-click-click when those things hit the floor. But really, it wasn't that bad. For one night, I think this will be a good option for you.

The beds there were comfortable too!

I am always fascinated by how people can tolerate 4 adults in a room. My husband snores so bad and gets up to use the restroom during the night, no one (but me) could put up with this. :charac2:

We stayed in 2 rooms with 3 adults and 3 kids. Are the rooms small? Yes. For one night you will be fine. It’s not as bad as you’re thinking. Don’t stress. My issue with pop was not the size of the room or the noise. The bathroom area is tiny. But again, not my biggest issue. We had zero issues with noise. For us, the issues were with check in (no room text and SUPER slow. Bell services lost two of our bags. Transportation was a nightmare. And airline check in was the worst. But all of that being said, for one night I could do it. Just leave plenty of time to get ready in the morning and plenty of time to get to the parks. We also stayed in the 80’s wing and got lost getting to the main building every single time.

We were just a Pop not too long ago. We had a room that was closer to the lake, not the pool, so we didn't notice any noise from outside. The only noise we really noticed was from the room above us. Now that the floors are the laminate flooring, when people drop things you hear the click-click-click when those things hit the floor. But really, it wasn't that bad. For one night, I think this will be a good option for you.

The beds there were comfortable too!

Ahh, I didn’t even think of that since the floor has been changed. Just updated my request with a high floor. Thanks for the reminder!

We stayed in the 60’s area, top floor this week back near the gondolas, facing the lake. It was actually really quiet and convenient. We would stand out on the walkway and pretend it was a balcony and watch the different gondola wraps. It’s the main building/breakfast area/pool that is “energetic” as one other poster put it. 😂

We have stayed at the Pop multiple times. I think you will be fine for one night. We are 2 adults and a teen who is adult sized and never have space issues. A 4th adult will make it a little tight, but it is just like putting that many people in any hotel room. The murphy bed definitely helps during the day. We have enver had noise issues at the Pop. In fact the only place we have ever had noise issues at Disney was in moderates.

It's one night. Yes, the rooms are small, but I look at it this way: you will be at Disney. I will be going to work. You win! I hope you enjoy Pop.

Hey all. During this upcoming week we will be staying at Pop for one night Wednesday 10/23 through Thursday 10/24. I am now starting to get more concerned about space. We are a family of 4 adults and these rooms seem small, like REALLY SMALL! We initally chose Pop over AoA because of the recent room updates but once you flip down that murphy bed its like bam no space! And on top of that now we are hearing about how noisy the resort can be as well. Trying not to stress too much but sort of freaking out! Even though it is for one night, we won't be going to the parks that day and were planning on spending it at the pool, arcade, or in the room. If anyone has any tips please let me know!
How did your stay go? Did any of the tips here help? Did you enjoy your stay at POP or was it stressful?

The rooms are smaller than the deluxe resorts, but they're not bad. They do feel smaller since the refurb because yes, the beds are bigger (and WOW are they comfy!). We've stayed in Pop for at least a night on several trips (before and now after the refurb).

Noise isn't terrible. I think the lower levels (especially ground) get more outdoor noise than higher levels. Your neighbors, well, that's always TBD depending on your neighbors. I found our Boardwalk neighbors to be louder than our neighbor's at Pop - but in both locations, most of the noise came through the locked connecting room doors than the actual wall itself.

The only thing I would say I do notice at POP versus Boardwalk is that you can hear the toilets flush (quietly mind you) and hear the shower of the people above you. Not enough to wake me up... but enough to note here.

Here's a quick tour of our room from 2 weeks ago:

You dont have to pull the murphy bed down until youre ready for bed. Space wont be too much of an issue then. And quite honestly, i dont find pop any nosier than any other value...or any moderate resort for that matter. (I haven't stayed in a deluxe, so i cant comment). The rooms are very nice, modern, new, clean. Love it. And you're only staying for ONE night correct? I really dont understand why youre freaking out. :confused3

You had considered AoA but thats no quieter than Pop. And if you stay in the LM rooms, good luck! They have DOUBLE/FULL size beds. Thats even smaller.

I've never stayed at POP, but my one experience at All Star Music was a thin-wall nightmare. I've stayed at Mods and Deluxes at WDW, but this was the only Value I ever experienced. I could hear everything the people in the next room were saying and doing. They were speaking in normal voices, not shouting. The noise may have had something to do with the fact that there was a connecting door between the two rooms, but even though I've had similar setups at other WDW hotels, I've never had that experience. And because of that, I've never stayed at a Value resort since.

So I don't think the room-to-room noise level is the same everywhere.

I've never stayed at POP, but my one experience at All Star Music was a thin-wall nightmare. I've stayed at Mods and Deluxes at WDW, but this was the only Value I ever experienced. I could hear everything the people in the next room were saying and doing. They were speaking in normal voices, not shouting. The noise may have had something to do with the fact that there was a connecting door between the two rooms, but even though I've had similar setups at other WDW hotels, I've never had that experience. And because of that, I've never stayed at a Value resort since.

So I don't think the room-to-room noise level is the same everywhere.

The walls aren't the thickest - but that connecting door is the major issue with room to room noise. Boardwalk and Pop both..... is what it is....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter