• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Concierge level

I posted on another thread and still can't seem to understand completely. Are the concierge rooms at Jambo savannah view?

I posted on another thread and still can't seem to understand completely. Are the concierge rooms at Jambo savannah view?

Three are...two are not.

And they are all on the 6th floor so the view is pretty high up.

I am assuming the Savannah view is a request and not a booking category. Ie - i am not guaranteed to get it? I am trying to decide whether I want a guaranteed savannah view (done couple of times before - and important to me) or whether I want to chance a savannah view with concierge in order to get access to the Sunset Safari (which i have never done and really want to).

PP- you mention the view is pretty high up. Does that mean it is not really good? Or just something you were pointing out?

Views from the CL rooms are not worth it IMO. If you want to stay there for the lounge, safari, gold room key, then go for it. You only live once.

:earsboy: Bill

The three 2BR lock-offs that have savanna views do not have very good views. Moreover you cannot request view with concierge and whether you get savanna or pool view is luck of the draw. If you want savanna view, reserve a regular savanna view room. Also, as to concierge, be aware that they are usually gone as soon as the 11 month reservation window opens and even then you can often not be able to get one because those with an arrival date just before yours have already taken your arrival date.

Jambo's Concierge level rooms run along both sides of the lobby. If you look at this map of the 5th floor, the Concierge rooms are directly above rooms 5202-5209 and 5401-5406. There are three 2BR lockoffs that face an alcove of the Sunset Savanna, above 5202-5209. There are two 2BR lockoffs that face the pool, above 5401-5406.

The view of the savanna is OK but not great because the rooms face a small alcove of a very large savanna. There are feeding stations to draw some of the animals into that area but unfortunately you are so high up that the tree tops block a lot of what is already a limited view.

We did see some animals when we stayed there. We even saw an ostrich lay an egg right on the roadway! But it was frustrating to know there were giraffes not far from our room but we couldn't see them because of the trees. If having a great view of the animals is your top priority, I wouldn't book a Concierge room because the view just doesn't compare to the view from a Savanna View room in other sections of the resort. Having said that, you could book a Savanna View room in Jambo House and end up in 5202-5209 and the view wouldn't be much better there other than being down a bit lower.

In my opinion, the best animal viewing is from the lowest possible floor so that rules out Jambo House completely since the DVC rooms are on the 5th and 6th floors. We prefer to book Kidani, Savanna View, and request ground floor.

I am assuming the Savannah view is a request and not a booking category. Ie - i am not guaranteed to get it? I am trying to decide whether I want a guaranteed savannah view (done couple of times before - and important to me) or whether I want to chance a savannah view with concierge in order to get access to the Sunset Safari (which i have never done and really want to).

PP- you mention the view is pretty high up. Does that mean it is not really good? Or just something you were pointing out?

If you really want concierge level room, with a good savanna view, book for cash for a fourth floor room through Disney Reservation Center, not DVC points for one of the three sixth floor villas that you might not even get. The view from these villas is somewhat blocked by the roof overhang. This is the Sunset savanna.

You can book the Sunset Safari with any villa or room at AKL/AKV. You can only book the Sunrise Safari with AKV/AKL Concierge rooms.

We booked Concierge Level once so that we could do the Sunrise Safari. We went into it knowing we might not get a savanna view and even if we did, it wouldn't be a great view.

We did get a savanna view and we did see some animals but were frustrated by the trees blocking so much of the view. It was worth it to experience Concierge Level and do the Sunrise Safari that one time.

Yep - I should have said sunrise safari. I think i will try to get at least one day in concierge so i can experience that. Since AKL is not my home resort, I realize that might be difficult. If I get it great, if not - oh well. The others days i will move to a true savannah view - probably in Kidani. thanks for the help folks.

Yep - I should have said sunrise safari. I think i will try to get at least one day in concierge so i can experience that. Since AKL is not my home resort, I realize that might be difficult. If I get it great, if not - oh well. The others days i will move to a true savannah view - probably in Kidani. thanks for the help folks.

From AllEars...

Sunrise Safari Breakfast Adventure is available only to Animal Kingdom Lodge concierge guests on Sundays and Thursdays. You meet in the concierge lounge at 7:00 a.m., then departure from the lodge to Animal Kingdom is at 7:30 a.m.

Park Admission to Animal Kingdom is required.

So, be aware that you have to have a concierge room on a specific day to have the ability to book the sunrise safari.

Just wanted to chime in. You will see animals from the 6th floor, savannah view rooms. We saw zebras, lots of giraffes, some kind of buffalo, ostrich, other birds, which pretty much amounts to all of the animals on the Sunset Savannah. The vantage point is a little higher, but the staff draw the animals very close to the building with food strategically placed. The view is better from a lower floor, however the sixth floor is not a bad view either. The concierge is worth doing at least once, if you can get it. The Sunrise Safari is really good. However, we felt the Sunset Safari, which is open to all guests at the resort, was a more intimate experience, getting closer to the animals, and learning more about them. The Sunset Safari is more expensive but also includes a fantastic meal (with wine pairings) at Jiko and does not require theme park admission.

You are dealing with semi wild animals and even though Disney places food out to put them on display, they don't always cooperate.

During our last CL stay we had some birds and the water buffalo below our room.

There are plenty of locations outside of your room to view the animals. Easier if you move to where they are rather than you hoping that they come to you.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter