• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CONFIRMED! Moonlight Magic Cancelled JUNE JULY AUGUST

Can_Dannn

Mouseketeer
šŸ˜„šŸ˜„šŸ˜„
Iā€™m guessing all of 2020 will have no MM events

confirmed August MM events cancelled.
we are probably cancelling our August Trip now

I saw that too. I didnā€™t see a confirmation on Studios, but assume thatā€™s a no go too. I went to the AK one in January. I was registered for MK and Epcot. I had a vacation booked for September. At least I went to AK on a night it was near freezing.

June MM at Epcot was scheduled before parks opening, July & August at Typhoon Lagoon were unlikely as they don't even have a projected opening date for the Water Parks.

BUT it's not totally unreasonable to hope for a "modified" MM at DHS in Sept/Oct - the 4 major parks will have been open two months by that time, and the F&WF (albeit a modified version) is scheduled to occur.
Then again, I REALLY thought our May....early June....late June....July......and now August vacation was going to happen :confused3

June MM at Epcot was scheduled before parks opening, July & August at Typhoon Lagoon were unlikely as they don't even have a projected opening date for the Water Parks.

BUT it's not totally unreasonable to hope for a "modified" MM at DHS in Sept/Oct - the 4 major parks will have been open two months by that time, and the F&WF (albeit a modified version) is scheduled to occur.
Then again, I REALLY thought our May....early June....late June....July......and now August vacation was going to happen :confused3
I think all MM events will be cancelled for 2020 and all of 2021

If they were going to cancel them all why not just do it when they cancelled the Typhoon one this week?

I think there's still hope.
Same reason DCL isn't cancelling past September yet even though there is no sign the CDC is going to allow sailing.

They are already slammed on the phones. They are not going to want to deal with either ticket sign up, or anger when it cancels, until the lines are more under control.

DVC will be looking to cut costs- quick. I canā€™t see any MM for 2 years.
Depends on how much they actually pay. I doubt DVC pays the same rate as external customers. If they don't have the fireworks or characters and just open for a couple of hours and give out a QS voucher, it could work. It's clearly an important sales tool or they wouldn't be hosting them in the first place. Even a modified MM would be better than nothing.

That said, it's certainly less likely they'll happen sooner vs later.

šŸ˜„šŸ˜„šŸ˜„
Iā€™m guessing all of 2020 will have no MM events

confirmed August MM events cancelled.
we are probably cancelling our August Trip now
Completely agree. And wouldn't be surprised to see them not have it in Spring of 2021.
We loved the one we were able to attend. But this year, none of the dates worked for our trips.

Disney Files received today still lists HS MM as ā€œonā€ with registration on 7/15.

conveniently, we just moved our July trip to one of those HS MM dates.506367

Last edited:
Disney Files received today still lists HS MM as ā€œonā€ with registration on 7/15.

conveniently, we just moved our July trip to one of those HS MM dates.
I bet they will announce that MM cancelled in August. I canā€™t see them spending extra money this year on MM events as the cost is quite high.

Webpage for MM DHS was just modified from registration opening tomorrow to ā€œcheck back later for booking dates and details.ā€

Webpage for MM DHS was just modified from registration opening tomorrow to ā€œcheck back later for booking dates and details.ā€
Yes that is what MM for Typhoon Lagoon said until early July
I'm quite certain all MM events are cancelled - they just want us to think they aren't so we keep planned as close to date as possible

Still nothing on the website for registration, although it still lists the September dates as happening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter