Confused about switching resorts?!?

twinmomto3boys

DIS Veteran
I have read that switching from one Disney resort to another Disney resort is easy, but after talking to a CRO cast member I'm very confused.

We were planning on staying at the Beach Club for our first night (to experience these great pools I've read about) and then for the rest of our trip we are staying at the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge. Well, after confirming our reservations the CRO CM said that the hotels WILL NOT transfer bags for us. He said that we would have to load up our own luggage and drive over to the other resort. Have they changed something or did I just get someone on the phone who did not know what he was talking about?

If he is incorrect on this, could someone please tell me exactly how this works? My husband is worried that if we have someone else transfer our bags and we don't check in at the VWL until late in the day that our room will be gone (he likes to check in early). I was under the impression that Disney did not overbook rooms like other hotel chains do.

Any information to help us out would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

we have switched resorts and have had no real problem! all you do is when you check in at beach club, arrange w/the baggage folks to have it transferred to VWL the next day. they will tell you not to expect it until the afternoon, but that is okay. one thing is you will have to be in your room for them to deliver it.
:p

Doesn't it drive you nuts when the CM's give you incorrect info?!?

I don't know if you will have your own car there, but if you do, I would just bring your stuff over yourself. You have to be there when they pick up your bags, and also at the next hotel when you want them delivered to your room. Last year people we know did not get their luggage til around 6pm, and that was after calling several times looking for it.

We have done it both ways, and either way is pretty painless. :D

We have transferred from one hotel to another twice. The only problem we had was from DL to BC, had to get up real early for the luggage to be picked up. This is because of the DL hotel being so large. Remember their our a lot of people doing the same thing just glad Disney does this for the guest. Nice to try the other hotels onn the same trip. Have a wonderful time
:p :bounce: :wave: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter