Confused with the Toy Story Alien crochet kit

Wendysofftoneverland

DIS Veteran
Not sure if this should go in merchandise forum or here, but we bought the Toy Story alien crochet kit last month at Disney, and I am confused by the pattern. Anyone else have this kit? Round 4, 5, 6, etc. show "...", but it shows that round 4 has 4 more stitches than round 3, so I am not sure where those go.

I'm very much a novice at crochet, but I have made some pot holders, granny squares, lopsided lap blankets, and am making decent progress on a Mr. Rogers Neighborhood finger puppet from another kit. These alien instructions are written in a way I haven't seen before. Maybe it is supposed to be easier? The box says ages 6 and up.

Not sure if this should go in merchandise forum or here, but we bought the Toy Story alien crochet kit last month at Disney, and I am confused by the pattern. Anyone else have this kit? Round 4, 5, 6, etc. show "...", but it shows that round 4 has 4 more stitches than round 3, so I am not sure where those go.

I'm very much a novice at crochet, but I have made some pot holders, granny squares, lopsided lap blankets, and am making decent progress on a Mr. Rogers Neighborhood finger puppet from another kit. These alien instructions are written in a way I haven't seen before. Maybe it is supposed to be easier? The box says ages 6 and up.
I agree with you! This is a terrible pattern. It is not a universal pattern. I received this as a gift and have been trying on line to get one that is written in English. I have done many patterns with symbols and this is incomplete as well.

Without seeing a pic, I wonder if round 3 increased 4 stitches from round 2, and that was then the intent for round 4 too. @Wendysofftoneverland do you have a pic of the pattern?
First time posting photos so hopefully this works...I think you are right. It looks like the X with a V underneath stitch results in 2 stitches where there was just one in the previous row. And there are 4 of those stitches, so that could account for a growth of 4. Thank you!

Attachments

• 20230127_132953.jpg
    20230127_132953.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 35
  • 20230127_132927.jpg
    20230127_132927.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 24

Yes I think you're right - X with the V underneath it is an increase because it's two single crochets in the stitch below. so it should keep growing until Row 13 then starts decreasing in Row 14 with 2sctog (two single crochets together, to decrease)

Hi! I was reading through all the answers but I’m still confused as to where I’m supposed to increase for rounds 4-12 because it doesn’t show it. I see it says you should increase 4 times in round 4, 3 inc in 5, etc. but where do I increase?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter