Connecticut DVC Owners thread?

Yea, I found out after the move. And beautiful city?????? Ha!

I have my own consulting company so I can move anywhere and work. 6 months and a day in Florida saves me CT state taxes.
But we are Disney freaks (well we all are) so Orlando gives me a lot of DVC weekends. Just stunned how I am getting out bid on everything even with an all cash offer.
God (or The Universe, you choose) has a plan for you, and your perfect home will present itself at the perfect time! Breathe and be patient, and I know your Dream Home will happen.... because you want it and you earned it and you have "faith and trust and pixidust" :tink:

As I mentioned in another post, Mears Connect is now accepting reservations in replacement of the Magical Express starting January for those Nutmeggers planning a 2022 trip to the happiest place on earth.

And if you are going to reserve a room on the Galactic Starcruiser for 2 nights at $4800 for 2 people, the fastest wallet draining experience.

I put in a Mears Connect Limo and shuttle costs. For the two of us the "Introductory" RT prices to Boardwalk are:
Shuttle - $64
Mears Limo $255 - ($200 +$55 per additional guest - I guess the weight of the extra guest really messes up the gas mileage)
Tiffany Limo $180 ($150 + 20% recommended tip)

No idea what Introductory means at this point.

Since we spend the day waiting for rides at the parks, I guess I can spend 30-40 minutes waiting for the shuttle and there is supposed to be some sort of entertainment on the shuttle (probably the driver telling Jungle Cruise jokes).

As I mentioned in another post, Mears Connect is now accepting reservations in replacement of the Magical Express starting January for those Nutmeggers planning a 2022 trip to the happiest place on earth.

And if you are going to reserve a room on the Galactic Starcruiser for 2 nights at $4800 for 2 people, the fastest wallet draining experience.

I put in a Mears Connect Limo and shuttle costs. For the two of us the "Introductory" RT prices to Boardwalk are:
Shuttle - $64
Mears Limo $255 - ($200 +$55 per additional guest - I guess the weight of the extra guest really messes up the gas mileage)

Since we spend the day waiting for rides at the parks, I guess I can spend 30-40 minutes waiting for the shuttle and there is supposed to be some sort of entertainment on the shuttle (probably the driver telling Jungle Cruise jokes).
Thank you! We are hopefully still headed down in December but we won’t be coming back until January. These prices are helpful! We used Tiffany in May since we couldn’t add an extra day to our rental and Tiffany was great. But looking at these prices for a family of 4 has me thinking we will just continue to rent a car and let it be.

Shuttle - $64

Just realized I made a mistake because the writing on the Mears website was so small. The Mears Limo is $200 for the first 4 people then $55 each additional. Sorry for the confusion.

We're those one-way prices?
Round trip. No telling what they will be after the introductory period or if they increase the pricing the closer you get to your trip when booking.

What I'm really watching is how many people will shell out $4800+ for two nights in the Galactic Starcruiser hotel. Yes there are tons of wealthy people but not all Star Wars fans and cannot believe it will be full up after 9 months. However I just saw the new video of the new light saber they are making. I'd post it but cannot figure out how. I'd pay $300 for that for Halloween. I'm a big Halloween nut and have tons of stuff in the yard. Kids say they love coming to my house.

Aveloair is having a contest for the new New Haven flights and is giving away 50 free tickets, you just need to tell them what non stop flights you would like to see on their itinerary to be entered. I found the exact link on wtnh

Hi all. Central CT here. Home resort is VGF and we love it. Panicked a bit during Covid and sold all points except enough to keep our blue card. Now that things have settled down a bit we bid on a BCV contract and it was accepted. Hope to pass ROFR and get a large chunk of points back. Heading back to Disney in September on rented points and some of our points. We are thrilled to have gotten a reservation for a preview of the Ratatouille ride. It will be good to see Disney again. We have so far only flown out of BDL on direct flights with Southwest.

Last edited:
Aveloair is having a contest for the new New Haven flights and is giving away 50 free tickets, you just need to tell them what non stop flights you would like to see on their itinerary to be entered. I found the exact link on wtnh

So I just got an email from Aveloair saying they are starting to fly out of New Haven in November. They mentioned Orlando, Tampa, Ft Myers and Ft. Lauderdale.
RT for DW and I came to $316 in January 2022.
Has anyone flown on this airline? Is it like Spirit or Frontier?
I would love easier and cheaper access to Orlando only 30 minutes away from my home vs NY airports. Of course in the winter I have no idea what its like to fly out of New Haven.

So I just got an email from Aveloair saying they are starting to fly out of New Haven in November. They mentioned Orlando, Tampa, Ft Myers and Ft. Lauderdale.
I would love easier and cheaper access to Orlando only 30 minutes away from my home vs NY airports. Of course in the winter I have no idea what its like to fly out of New Haven.
I have not flown them or any other ULCC. However, I have flown out of Tweed many times in December and January with no issues.

I am equally interested! Hopefully someone will chime in here. I live fifteen minutes from Tweed and have never flown from there.

Tweed is only 20 minutes closer than Bradley for me, but still curious since flying out of a smaller airport sounds kinda nice. And I love having options. My next trip I am flying in and out of PVD because their times worked out so much better for me.

Tweed is only 20 minutes closer than Bradley for me, but still curious since flying out of a smaller airport sounds kinda nice. And I love having options. My next trip I am flying in and out of PVD because their times worked out so much better for me.

Ha! Bradley is tiny compared to JFK where I fly out of and the parking at Bradley is sooooo cheap by comparison. Love Bradley but the times rarely work for me.

Ha! Bradley is tiny compared to JFK where I fly out of and the parking at Bradley is sooooo cheap by comparison. Love Bradley but the times rarely work for me.
Yeah when in MCO I can definitely see Bradley is relatively small, but PVD is even smaller. No plans on trying JFK lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter