• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Connecticut DVC Owners thread?

With the kids’ schedules for youth cheer and my work schedule, things just get busy here. It should all slow down a bit after this weekend. I’m counting down to our nearly end of December to early January trip: two nights at Poly lake view and then 6 nights in a 1 bedroom at BCV.

With the kids’ schedules for youth cheer and my work schedule, things just get busy here. It should all slow down a bit after this weekend. I’m counting down to our nearly end of December to early January trip: two nights at Poly lake view and then 6 nights in a 1 bedroom at BCV.
Sound like the perfect trip. Two of our favorite resorts.

We planned a trip in April but now are having second thoughts because of points and availability. We may move to June right when school gets out and go for ten days instead of seven for less points.

Going down for a week next Friday for our first vacation in about two years (cancelled three others during Covid including Europe)!!
A bit concerned about the virus but more concerned about figuring out Genie and getting on REMY. At least we will see the Christmas decorations which went up midnight after Halloween. Boy they don't waste any time.

I just read an article today about them coming to NH. I'm curious to see how your experience is. Please report back here if you think of it.
I didn’t fly out yet (we go next month). However, my friend and her family flew Avelo today from Tweed to MCO and said it was absolutely fine. For under $700 round trip for all 4 of them (plus a checked bag each), she said she would definitely fly them again. I’m just excited to not have to wait in line at Bradley next month!

I didn’t fly out yet (we go next month). However, my friend and her family flew Avelo today from Tweed to MCO and said it was absolutely fine. For under $700 round trip for all 4 of them (plus a checked bag each), she said she would definitely fly them again. I’m just excited to not have to wait in line at Bradley next month!

We typically fly out of Westchester, but went from Bradley in August, maybe it was because we didn't have little kids anymore, but it wasn't as bad as I had remembered. I have been waiting to hear how Avelo from Tweed is, glad they had a good experience.

FYI
As of December 31, 2021 DVC is no longer issuing Blue membership cards. Mine expires December 31 and I called to renew. I was advised that starting January 1 2022, all Blue cards will be in the My Disney App on a virtual basis.

And many of you may have heard that as of a few days ago, Disney has eliminated the DVC discounts on the Platinum pass. Discount was about $300 and that has gone away. Wonder when they eliminate the gold pass discounts.

DVC members seem to be no longer valued at Disney.

I am glad to see a good review for Avelo. I checked our Dec. flights and one of the one ways is $39. Other one is cheap too. If I didn’t have us booked with Southwest point I would have considered switching.
We are are super close to New Haven so it would be amazing to fly out of there. We usually fly out of Bradly but it’s over an hour/ maybe hour and a half us.

Happy holidays, everyone! We are counting down for our trip. Fingers crossed that flying Avelo is as smooth for us as it was for my friend’s family. We didn’t choose our seats but bless anyone who is assigned a seat next to either of my children (8 and 6) and doesn’t ask to switch :rolleyes1

Happy holidays, everyone! We are counting down for our trip. Fingers crossed that flying Avelo is as smooth for us as it was for my friend’s family. We didn’t choose our seats but bless anyone who is assigned a seat next to either of my children (8 and 6) and doesn’t ask to switch :rolleyes1
I am nervous and excited to try it out Jan 15th. Really glad TSA precheck is now available with them.

Good morning, Nutmeggers! O.P. here. Happy Holidays!
Has anyone returned a National rental car at the Disney car care center in recent years? I've never done this and not sure what I'm in for. Thnx in advance.

Good morning, Nutmeggers! O.P. here. Happy Holidays!
Has anyone returned a National rental car at the Disney car care center in recent years? I've never done this and not sure what I'm in for. Thnx in advance.
We did it a couple of weeks ago. Return process is quick. Someone comes out and does a quick look over the car and you're done. If you go during the hours they are open they will give you a complementary ride to any resort, theme park or DS (probably anywhere reasonable actually)

All these flights getting cancelled is starting to stress me out a bit for our January travel. Has anyone heard if Avelo has been cancelling? I haven't seen anything yet. Figure I will make sure the minivan is clean and ready if we end up having to drive...

I hear that, MamaJessie!
DS &I doing a college tour in Fla ending in Orlando next month, and I'm getting nervous too! Flying American, then Southwest. Hopefully by then things will smooth out😳

We flew down via Avelo and I had no complaints. Everything at Tweed was quick and efficient. My husband didn’t like the lack of legroom but he appreciated the early departure, early arrival, and direct flight. They served a little bottle of water and packaged sugar cookie; my kids said the cookies were delicious.

We flew down via Avelo and I had no complaints. Everything at Tweed was quick and efficient. My husband didn’t like the lack of legroom but he appreciated the early departure, early arrival, and direct flight. They served a little bottle of water and packaged sugar cookie; my kids said the cookies were delicious.
Do you know if you had a standard legroom seat? I reserved a seat with a whopping extra 2" of leg room and hope it helps him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter