Connections Rainforest Cafe Update

realpatt

Mouseketeer
I went to Rain Forest today and was told that the voucher was not good on the Awesome Appetizer Sampler (which by the way is very different from what it was few months ago, as are most of the appetizers)or the Volcano dessert , as Disney is no longer willing to cover these since the are both intended for 2 people to share and the voucher is meant for one person. He seemed knowledgeable and was aware that previously both had been covered, he even offered for us to speak to the manager which was not necessary. Apparently people had been abusing the vouchers and ordering as much as they could and sharing!!! Can you believe that!!! I let him know that had been out intent as well. We still saved money, but not as much. The banana's foster was pretty good, as was the Pizza appetizer which would make a meal for one person. We got the stuffed lobster tail (1/2 instead of a whole) and a filet steak, an item which was not one the menu, but our server said was available as a "surf and turf." It was pretty good, and since I am not that excited by lobster (my husband was) it worked out great for both of us. The filet was served on top of a large portobella mushroom.

I'm afraid Beaches and Cream will soon go that route with the $11 vouchers if people continue to order the Kitchen Sink!

Can you order the steak and add on the lobster with a voucher??? I notice they have add ons on the menu can you add on something and it still be covered????

We used the vouchers at Beaches and Cream and our server INSISTED that we order the Kitchen Sink. She just did not want to hear no! (It was great fun, too!)

The waiter stated the surf and turf is not listed on the menu but is available, so I'd just ask. It was all covered with the voucher (we got 1/2 lobster, not the whole lobster). At the Brown Derby we have added shrimp to a steak and this was covered as well.

What are these vouchers you are talking about and where can I get one? Or should I say can you get more than one voucher and where can they be used at? Thanks in advance.:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter