Contact Time

mmschwaba

Earning My Ears
Hello, I have heard that the wedding coordinators call about 8 months from your wedding date. Well It's 7 months for my fiance and I now and we still haven't heard from our coordinator. Is it typical to not hear from them till closer or not? My other question is that You can set your wedding date a year in advance, but I heard once 8 months is here they officially set the date. Do we have to notify disney to do this? I'm new at this game so any advice helps thanks. I'm also from montana and will not be traveling to florida before the wedding so I want to be sure everything is set and I'm not missing anything. Thank you!

Hi! If I were you, I would call my SM, to find out who your EM will be, and to make sure that all of your space is still held. Have you signed the contract yet? Until you sign the contract, a corporate event could still take your reception space, so if I were you, I would definitely make sure the contract is signed ASAP :)
Cheers!
Heather W

Just give them a call, I think time runs slower in the FTW office than it does in real life -- they are very relaxed about the timing of sending and receiving information. We got our contract about 7 months before our wedding. We did a site visit at 6 months out. Then we didn't hear a thing from them until about two weeks ago when we were sent out payment information! It is a very strange feeling not to have to do the planning, but they really won't forget about you. Right now we're waiting paitently for them to charge our payment to our credit card (we are paying in two installments so that we can get the cash back rewards on our Disney visa!). You'd think that they would be chomping at the bit to take our money! Good luck!

As other posters have advised, I would call FTW ASAP and demand that they assign you an EM and that they send a contract out to you. FTW will not guarantee your venue until you have signed the contract.

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter