Contemporary Garden wing deluxe room pictures and mini review.

cburek

Mouseketeer
We just returned from Disney after a 8 night stay. We surprised our boys by booking 1 additional night at the Contemporary since they love the pool,slide and water spray area so much. I was only able to book the Garden Wing deluxe room at the time and let me just say it was awesome. We have stayed in the Tower before but I dont think I would book again after having stayed in the wing and this room:

Room 5309, third floor
P1080037.jpg

The room is very large. Not considered asuite but certainly had the space to be called a suite.

P1080048.jpg

Entrance:
P1080042.jpg

King Size bed and had to be a queen sleeper sofa that I would have slept on, it was that comfortable:

P1080078.jpg

The bathroom was great since it has a tub/shower combo and then a separate but small stand alone shower as well. Plenty of space again.

P1080039.jpg

P1080040-1.jpg

P1080043.jpg

This TV did pull out and swivel a bit. There was also a dvd player

P1080044-1.jpg

P1080081.jpg

And then there are the views. While no balcony to step out on, there are 2 separate sliders that open on different sides of the room giving a nice view.
Surprisingly it was quiet as well

P1080045-1.jpg

P1080046-1.jpg

P1080038.jpg

P1080085-1.jpg

And finally some shots from outside. Room was 3rd floor you can see how the room is set on the angle:

P1080058-1.jpg

P1080060.jpg

P1080090.jpg

It was so nice and we would definitely book again,since there are only 3 like this I imagine its hard to get. Any questions feel free to ask. :)

Thanks so much for the review! We are booked in one of these rooms for three nights in June. I am hoping to get a rollaway bed in the room as well so my girls don't have to share the same bed. ("Make her stop kicking me!")

I really appreciate the pics!

We are going the end of May for 4 nights and have the same room booked (garden wing deluxe). It's great to see the pictures. Does the room have a regular coffee maker or one of the Keurig machines?

I read that you can fill up the mugs at the CR pool. Where else and what drinks were available? I'm hoping a lemonade for the kids or our mugs will just be used for water!

We are going the end of May for 4 nights and have the same room booked (garden wing deluxe). It's great to see the pictures. Does the room have a regular coffee maker or one of the Keurig machines?

I read that you can fill up the mugs at the CR pool. Where else and what drinks were available? I'm hoping a lemonade for the kids or our mugs will just be used for water!

If I recall it had the same mini cup machine like the others have mentioned. There is the snack bar by the pool that you may be able to fill your mugs, we didn't have them so I am not sure

ahhh, a $219.00 price difference between the two.

I dont think its that much of a difference if you are comparing a regular wing room vs this deluxe room. I only show about a $43.00 difference more per night :).

I dont think its that much of a difference if you are comparing a regular wing room vs this deluxe room. I only show about a $43.00 difference more per night :).

thats the price i got on the disneyworld web site.

maybe i am looking at the wrong thing???

Do any contemp rooms have balconies?

CR Tower rooms have a balcony. :)

In the Garden Wings, no balcony on the 2nd and 3rd floor, 1st floor rooms have a patio with small table and chairs.

Over at Bay Lake Tower, the Contemporary DVC resort - all configurations have a balcony or patio.:thumbsup2

I agree we stayed in the garden wing bay view and have to say i dont think i would have any desire to stay in the tower. It was great being able to walk right outside & pool & beach right there for the kids, plus they were able to sit outside (with our eyes on them of course). We had the patio so very very convenient.

we stayed garden view ground floor and LOVED it. our room was the very last one and had a beautiful view with the canal right out from our sliding door. we loved how easy it was to get outside and walk vs endless hallways and how quiet it was, no one had a reason to be over there unless they were staying there or groundspeople. looks awesome, tfs!

I agree we stayed in the garden wing bay view and have to say i dont think i would have any desire to stay in the tower. It was great being able to walk right outside & pool & beach right there for the kids, plus they were able to sit outside (with our eyes on them of course). We had the patio so very very convenient.
Same for us. It was a long time ago while the North wing still existed, but I really liked that room. It was so big.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter