Contemporary Room Choices

Jodi1980

<font color=FF00CC>Pixie Dust can even make a mood
We are staying in one of the wings through Shades of Green - I thought I would want the third floor so it wouldn't be noisy above us and we would have a nice view but for $10 extra, we could get a water view but only on the first floor. Do you think the first floor would be just as nice? Would it be noisy. I guess it would be nice not have to take the elevator up and down, also.

we are staying in wing room too, regurlar rate:eek: would love to know any recommendations, travel w/ 5 dh, ds-9, dd-8, dd-6. The only thing I've requested so far is non smoking! Hopefully will find time to swim. thanks

I've stayed in these wing rooms on the first floor, and I would recommend staying on the first floor myself, although that's just my opinion. There often seems to be a bunch of people waiting for the elevators in the wings, and you have to stand in the middle of the corridor to wait for the elevator, while people on the first floor are trying to get around you. It just seemed like these people on the 2nd and 3rd floors had an extra hassle getting to their rooms. It wasn't noisy in my opinion, and I enjoyed having the patio looking out over the water. I could walk right out of my room and walk along the sandy beach outside, it was very relaxing. Also sometimes the ducks will come right up to the rooms if you have food to feed them. The standard view is also not as bad as it sounds- yes, you do see cars, but they are a ways away, and there's bushes and foliage between you and the parking lot so it's not like a bare parking lot in front of a motel type of situation. Standard view is also monorail view and sometimes Magic Kingdom view.

We stayed at the Contemporary through SOG last July. We paid the $10 extra dollars for the water view room on the first floor. It was great. We were are the end of the hall and there was little traffic outside the room. I thought about that every time we walked down the hallway. The kids could get pretty loud with their excitement. We did not experience any noise from the room above.

When we went up the the SOG offices on the third floor I noticed that the wait for the elevator sometime took awhile. Also, the elevator was very small and you would sometimes have to wait for another one.

We've been in 8123 North Garden twice now and thought it was great. It is a LONG walk as it is the very end, but it is quiet, has a patio, and lake/beach view. Couldn't be better!

The end room is a little bit bigger and when you are that close to MK it seems just like a skip and a hop over there. Just go right out the end door. It beats walking to the monorail even. Garden view is nice and there are plenty of rabbits and birds around the patios. We had a parking lot view on the first floor and parked our car very near our patio, which was very nice also.

I think that the elevators are slow in the wings!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter