• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Convention/Half-day tickets, Genie+, and lightning lane

jlw3535

Earning My Ears
I haven't found the answer to this question, but hopefully someone can help.

I'm tagging along with a friend who's attending a convention, which has half-day ticket options (both 1 pm and 5 pm entry times)

I haven't been to the parks since pre-covid, and trying to figure out my strategy with ILL and Genie +. The G+ and ILL reservations go online at 7 am - but since I only have a half-day pass, will it also open for me at 7 am to, say, make a Rise of the Resistance reservation (ILL) for 7 pm if we attend Hollywood Studios that night? Make a Thunder Mountain reservation through G+ at 5:30 when we first arrive at the park?

Before I wait 50-60 minutes on a phone call to try to learn possibly the wrong answer from an agent ... I figured I would ask here :)

Please post what you find out. I will be doing the runDisney Epcot afterparty for the Wine and Dine half marathon and have a similar question. We can enter at 5 p.m. and I wonder if we are going to be able to use Genie+ and buy an ILL for Remy (the one ride that I really, really want to do)

I don't know the answer to your question. But I'm going to guess, purely from a software development perspective, that as long as you have a ticket that is linked to MDE and gives you admission during regular hours (as opposed to an after-hours event with "early entry"), it'll follow the same G+ rules as every other ticket. It just wouldn't be worth the time and effort to manage exception cases in the system for what has to be a tiny percentage of tickets - and no real motivation to bother anyway.

Either that, or your ticket just won't be valid for G+ / ILLs at all. I can't see there being two sets of rules.

Not sure about ILL, but I was able to make a Genie+ reservation for my friend who had a 5pm ticket. I believe around 230pm-ish, I made us both a reservation for Space Mountain for that evening (I was already in the park with regular ticket).

After 1pm and 5pm work like a normal ticket for Genie+ and ILL. The only annoying thing is it doesn't "limit" your hours to select, so you might have to modify to a later time as the day goes on for Genie +. We use them all the time and stack rides for the afternoon/evening during the day by the pool. :)

After 1pm and 5pm work like a normal ticket for Genie+ and ILL. The only annoying thing is it doesn't "limit" your hours to select, so you might have to modify to a later time as the day goes on for Genie +. We use them all the time and stack rides for the afternoon/evening during the day by the pool. :)
This is what we are doing for Memorial Day weekend, thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter