• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Convert FL Pass to AP?

ammo

DIS Veteran
We are Florida residents who just joined DVC this week (and are waiting for our website PINs). Can we convert our Florida resident passes into annual passes? If so, can this be done prior to getting access to the website? Thanks!

Um...why would you want to do that? If you're talking about full APs, you'll save a total of $5 per pass. If you're talking about FL Seasonal passes, you'll pay $100+ more.

The DVC AP discount is great for most folks, but irrelevent for us Crackers.

I'm thinking about the parking savings. I was told that AP holders get free parking for all visits. Is that not correct?

I think I get it now. The same math that led me to choose the seasonal pass (parking savings and extra days do not offset the higher prices for 5 tickets) holds true in this case. Thanks for your help!

You do get free parking but also get free parking any time you're staying on property. But if getting the free parking is worth the extra expense, I doubt it's worth it to upgrade during your time. I would expect you'd have to pay the full difference for only part of the year. Of course you could just do this for one pass if parking was the only issue. Remember the savings over the FL residence AP is not $100 but only $20 or $25 (I forget which right now), and I don't think it'll save you anything on the renewal price.

Good points. With the upcoming blackouts for Easter and summer, I probably will not save enough on parking to justify a change for just one ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter