Cookies......!

Cute! I've got the shamrock cookie cutter, so I may have to try that one out. Thanks for posting!

I thought they would make good 4-H cookies too! They look good enough to eat :rotfl: If you have other cookie recipes to share, let's swap! ;)

I've really gotten hooked on the cake mix cookie recipes that were posted here. I made all kinds for a Valentine's fundraiser for DD's youth group. They came out so nicely---DD and DS said they looked better than the ones at the mall! (Cheaper too!) We especially liked the snickerdoodle type--yellow cake mix used as the base, then roll them in cinnamon and sugar.

I don't know how to post a link to that thread, but it's a great one. Just do a search for cake mix cookies and that will bring it up.

Those recipes look really good. Thanks for sharing. My kids are having a bake sale at their school. Bet those cookies would sell fast. :flower:

NEIMAN-MARCUS COOKIES (Recipe may be halved)

2 cups butter
24 ozs. chocolate chips
4 cups flour
2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
2 cups sugar
1 - 8 oz. Hershey Bar (grated)
5 cups blended oatmeal
4 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)

Measure oatmeal, and blend in a blender to a fine powder. Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla, mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking
powder, and soda. Add chocolate chips, Hershey Bar, and nuts. Roll into balls, and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.

Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 112 cookies.

The White House's Executive Chef Shares His Holiday Cookie Recipe. Thaddeus DuBois, executive pastry chef for the White House gave "Good Morning America's" weekend edition one of his favorite holiday recipes.

White House Sugar Cookies

Makes about 2-3 dozen cookies (depending on size of cutters)

Cookie Dough Ingredients:

1/2 cup of sugar

1/2 cup of butter, soft, unsalted

2 large eggs

1 tsp. of vanilla

2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour

1 tsp. of salt

2 tsp. of baking powder

Icing Ingredients

2 egg whites (from large eggs)

4-6 cups powdered sugar

1/2 tsp. vanilla

1/4 tsp. lemon juice

liquid food color, as desired

Method -- Cookie Dough:

1. Combine sugar and butter and beat until light and fluffy, about 8-10 minutes with an electric mixer and paddle attachment.

2. Add eggs and vanilla and blend.

3. Sift flour, salt and baking powder and add. Mix until a dough forms.

4. Wrap dough in plastic and chill for at least two hours or overnight before using.

5. Roll on a lightly floured surface to 1/4" thick. Cut out desired Chirstmas shapes like, bells, santas, snowmen, stars, candy canes and etc.

6. Place cookies on a baking tray that has been lined with baking paper or grease baking tray if no paper is avaliable.

7. Baking: Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10-12 minutes until lightly browned. Baking times depend on the oven. Rotate baking tray halfway through the baking time. Do not over-bake or cookies will get too hard. These cookies should be soft.

8. Let cookies cool completely before decorating.

Method -- Icing:

1. Place egg whites in the bowl of an electric mixer.

2. Sift powdered sugar. Gradually add sugar as mixer is running on low speed. May require a little more or less sugar depending on size of egg whites used.

3. Add lemon juice and vanilla and blend well.

4. Divide icing into small bowls and color as desired.

5. Decorate cookies as you wish.

Note: For a quick way to decorate cookies without using the icing, brush cookies with a slightly beaten egg white and sprinkle cookies with colored sugar(s) before baking.

Thanks for posting. I was looking for a good sugar cookie recipe. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter