1/3 c. sugar
1/2 t. cinnamon
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 t. salt
1/2 c. shortening
1/2 c. cold water
1 c. oil
Garnish: powdered sugar

Stir together apples, sugar, and cinnamon. Cook over low heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until apples are tender. Set aside. Combine flour and salt; cut in shortening with a fork. Stir in water to a dough consistency. Roll out dough 1/8-inch thick on a floured surface. Cut out with a 4-inch round cookie cutter; place one tablespoon apple mixture in center of each circle. Sprinkle edges with water; fold circles in half. Seal edges with a fork; set aside. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Fry pies, a few at a time, for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until golden. Drain on paper towels; sprinkle with powdered sugar while still warm. Makes 6 to 8 pies.

Does anyone else have recipes for making small portions or small meals to share? :cloud9:

Sounds yummy!

I tend to make the full size but freeze half - works well for casseroles, fish pie (as long as you don't use cream), lasagne etc. I hate going to all that work for one meal;) If its something the whole family eat I double it up to freeze half:thumbsup2

These sound really yummy!

Wish I could help with the cooking for 2. We are a family of 4 and even though we are just 2 now with the kids at camp I'm still cooking much to much. But we like leftovers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter