Copyright laws for embroidery

Sdaileymd

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know where to find exactly which images Disney has copyright to and which are ok sell?

Examples

1. a Mickey head with his full face is obviously copyrighted and says so on the brother embroidery machine.

2. But what about the silhouette heads of a mouse. Just black circle with two circle ears and no face. I can't find anywhere that it is copyrighted. How can I be sure?

Thanks!

Do a Google search but I believe all Disney is copyrighted. I have heard that periodically Disney Lawyers send out letters to Ebay, Esty, etc. sellers telling them to stop. I know that they even have had pre-schools paint over Disney images on buildings.

It falls under trademark (http://www.uspto.gov) not copyright. The 3 circles cannot look similar to a Mickey. Anything that may confuse people into thinking it was a Disney product is a trademark issue. It's possible other character silhouettes would go unchallenged. Copyrights are filed for each specific design. So if you traced a character without making enough changes, then it could be challenged as a copyright dispute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter