• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Corkscrews in villas?

Donald is #1

DIS Veteran
:wave2: Do the kitchens or kitchenettes in the villas have corkscrews (esp. in the studios)? I am trying to figure out what to bring with me to put in my owner's locker and it dawned on me that a corkscrew would be useful.

Thanks everyone!

We have sometimes had a corkscrew and sometimes not, but that is in larger rooms. As long as you have an Owner's Locker, it might be a good idea to bring one and know that you will have it every time. Those corks can be hard on the teeth, in my experience. :laughing:

We have sometimes had a corkscrew and sometimes not, but that is in larger rooms. As long as you have an Owner's Locker, it might be a good idea to bring one and know that you will have it every time. Those corks can be hard on the teeth, in my experience. :laughing:

Thanks! I will definitely add one then. I probably already have a spare one in my kitchen. :rotfl2:

ok so my DH bought me a good one - but after i turn it and get the flaps to go up i still cant pull out the darn cork!
so do i give up? bring the corkscrew hoping a neighbor can help me? or how do i open the darn bottle? I'll be there end of F&W fest and was thinking of bringing a bottle (or 2) back to the room

If your room doesn't have one, you can call for one. Wine glasses, too!

ok so my DH bought me a good one - but after i turn it and get the flaps to go up i still cant pull out the darn cork!
so do i give up? bring the corkscrew hoping a neighbor can help me? or how do i open the darn bottle? I'll be there end of F&W fest and was thinking of bringing a bottle (or 2) back to the room

Once the flaps go up, do you pull them down so that the cork lifts?

You're not the only one.... ever see Nance Reagan try to open that bottle by whacking it against a ship... She was VERY frustrated.

BTW... when those flaps have gone up... grab them and push them down. It's like magic. You get a "plunk" sound, which is just the bottle's way of saying... I'm ready.... drink me up.

I say keep practicing...

OK, Donald is #1, you've hit on a really good point. The DVC resorts (at least the one bedrooms and above) do have corkscrews and I think most non-DVC vacation club/timeshare in the Orlando area have them as well. But if they do, they're not very good ones or people would walk off with them. One of the beauties of OL is that you can keep things here that you would never haul or ship back and forth and a really nice corkscrew is one of those items. And I'm talking about one of those $100 jobbies that are pretty foolproof. Now admittedly wine is not high on everyone's agenda, but it is mine and I got pretty tired of snapping corks off of a decent bottle of wine and then having to drive what was left of the cork into the bottle with the butt of a knife. Sooo, enter one of the good corkscrews that stayed if my "Florida box" that eventually became OL.
John

We keep a corkscrew in our OwnersLocker .

Before we had that option we would purchase a bottle of wine at the store , and they would either offer us to use one there ( you know the ones they have for sale <g>) or we would ask to use one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter