Coronado disaster! Stay away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just experienced the same front desk hell at ASMovies. There was plenty of staff milling about, they just were chit chatting and going back and forth to the "back". One of my trips up to the front desk, the line was as you described and people in line were getting angry. Then to top it off, some guests would just walk past the line and go right up and snag someone and they helped them instead of saying that there is a line of people who have been waiting a half an hour. Well after that, a bunch of guests started to protest about the wait and others cutting so all of a sudden about 4 cast members came out of the back to help. Where were they this whole time?
excellent question. Although I wonder too who is running the show there.

They could've been just returning from break, just starting their shift, just getting back to the desk from dealing with something somewhere else in the building or on property, in a meeting with a supervisor, they could be CM's that aren't regularly stationed at the front desk but get called up to assist when needed... Sure, it might have been the case that they were just hanging out ignoring guests, but there are several other scenarios that could've been happening instead.

Requests are never guaranteed. We're certainly not staying away. We're staying in the Tower for the second time this December.

I don't think they are being berated for calling the front desk. Rather being told that the best thing to do to get things quickly handled is to go to the front desk. I'm sure many guests don't know that when they call their call doesn't really go to the front desk.
Maybe I misunderstood, but it seemed that one poster did exactly that, stating that OP was slowing down the process by calling a call center that had no physical presence at CSR.

Of course it's good to share information that guests might be able to use to address their issues, but if pressing the front desk button doesn't lead you to a person who can solve a problem with your room, that's a failure on Disney's part, not the guest's fault for not knowing better.

We've made many trips to Disney and had very few issues. The few problems we did have (broken shower, electricity being cut off accidentally) were handled promptly after we called the front desk from our room. The guest should not have to traipse down to the front desk to get matters resolved - if that's happening, then Disney needs to hear about it from the guests so it can improve its customer service.

The OP wasn't blaming Disney for the weather, and in my opinion OP had a valid complaint about not being able to get into the room for so long. Only here would someone be berated for calling the front desk at a resort to report problems. Disney is a business, and businesses should (and do) expect to be held accountable when their processes do not work and cause a poor guest experience. It's always better to handle problems with a certain amount of patience and understanding, but making excuses for poor customer service doesn't do anyone any good.
No but they went off for not getting their request first. Then they complained about things outside Disney control. All at the same time. Did they have a legit complaint about room access? Yes. But it was lost in everything else. The resort was not “a disaster” worth “staying away” from

Room assignments aren't guaranteed. Simple. The OP needs to get over this.

Last edited:
Our magic kingdom day was the coldest day I’ve ever had at Disney. Our dessert party was non firework as it was too cold so kinda a waste of 500 dollars but can’t get mad about that but just our luck so far.

Last edited:
And people just accepting it. You pay all this money to expect problems is what you’re all saying.

You "paid all this money" and expected guaranteed room assignments connected to each other. Which is never, ever guaranteed. In fact if you read the fine print it clearly states that it isn't guaranteed.

I urge you to stop living life with your hand out like the world owes you something. I promise you, it will become much less stressful for you. And I truly, truly, mean this in the most sincere way.

Wow. Well this will certainly teach people for posting negative experiences here.

I'm not insulting the guy. If you read his original post it emits more of entitlement rather than a resort issue that should make people avoid booking there. I'm being sincere (as I've stated above). Many of these complaint threads and their reasonings have become quite ridiculous as of late.

Having a tough check in experience can happen at a Best Western just as much as it could happen at Coronado. It shouldn't warrant going around telling people to avoid the resort as a whole because it's a disaster. That's all I'm saying. The OP started a thread and therefore I should be allowed to post my response just like everyone else. Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Getting a FP or two would lessen the sting of waiting an hour to get into room. I don't understand why disney touts all this is wonderful and almost every person has a story of doors wouldn't open, FP system not working, dining credits not showing up. And it's the guest who is spending time to get things fixed.

Our last trip we were at three resorts. All three resorts we couldn't get into room with bands. SSR didn't work with bands nor phone.
If I was at the parks and experienced something throwing me FPs would make more sense. I would never expect it but it is something that Disney tends to throw to guests...actually too easily really--it really ends up making it worse in terms of overall guest behavior and experience. For every FP they give out too that's another person in the line AND at any given time too which lengthens the line. And since Disney, at times, gives it out almost too easily, this can end up negatively impacting guest experience in terms of wait times..but hey when you're in the FP line using said FP that's probably not on your radar.

And then you'll have the people who are annoyed that they are being given FPs on their last park day or they've already gone to the parks as many days as they planned and so then a FP is useless means of compensation.

I think if I was at the resort, experiencing issues at the resort, with resort related things, FPs thrown my way personally wouldn't be a thought regardless of the time of day.

I'm not insulting the guy. If you read his original post it emits more of entitlement rather than a resort issue that should make people avoid booking there. I'm being sincere (as I've stated above). Many of these complaint threads and their reasonings have become quite ridiculous as of late. OP felt that since he was paying for the rooms he should be able to get into them.

Having a tough check in experience can happen at a Best Western just as much as it could happen at Coronado. It shouldn't warrant going around telling people to avoid the resort as a whole because it's a disaster. That's all I'm saying. The OP started a thread and therefore I should be allowed to post my response just like everyone else. Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.
When you accuse someone of “living your life with your hand out like the world owes you something” you’re insulting that person. Especially in light of the fact that he couldn’t get access to his room despite waiting in line to check in at the resort. Read more than just the part about connecting rooms. The guy expected to get into his room. That’s a sense of entitlement?

Last edited:
Wow. Well this will certainly teach people for posting negative experiences here. Seriously, this is a sad representation for this board.
You didn't know the DIS stands for Disney Is Superior? I posted up a really bad experience and was beat down for posting about our bathroom having poop on the wall. I now mostly post in the "How many days left" threads and choose my battles carefully on other post. There is one that likes to follow my post and up the negativity.

Wow. Well this will certainly teach people for posting negative experiences here. Seriously, this is a sad representation for this board.
I think there's a wide chasm between negati e experences (MDE down, long lines) and unrealistic expectaions (connecting rooms).

I also believe it's natural to respoond to posts as you read each one, rather than reading an entire thread with its individual responses.

So, what looks like attacks is merely multiple personal opinions.

Disney has their faults, Disney has their praises.

Various topics will have at times more faults being brought out when some people think only praises should be done and various topics will have at times more praises being brought out when some people think only faults should be done.

Constructive criticism-wise when complaints are focused on realistic (and to be fair realistic may be in the eye of the beholder at times) aspects you tend to gain and keep your audience. When you add in things that may be unfortunate but none the less uncontrollable and then you add in expecting (right or wrong) you tend to lose your audience. That doesn't mean you can't continue to comment on your own experience but it's not surprising when people start to step back. This is the same, at least it would be for me in person, I may be able to soften my tone of voice in person, but that doesn't mean I may not still be a lost audience member depending on what details are initially and additionally given.

The guy expected to get into his room. That’s a sense of entitlement?

Come on. That’s not just what he expected. Read his original post. There’s much more. Give me a break now.

I’ll make sure to refrain from posting responses and opinions, on a message board set up for responses and opinions, for fear that you might get offended from now on.

jeez.

OP, on the off-chance you're still following this, I would advise as follows: When your vacation is over and you have had a chance to cool off, send an email to Disney explaining what happened. Make it concise but detailed and factual - no hyperbole, threats or histrionics - and send it to both guest relations and the GM at Coronado Springs. In my experience, Disney holds itself to a much higher standard than the folks who post here. My bet is that you will get an apology along with some sort of compensation, which you deserve for not being able to access your room for that period of time. At least, that's the Disney I know - which appears to be a much kinder, gentler Disney than the people here are willing to accept. If you do, please report back because I would love to know how Disney responded.

Come on. That’s not just what he expected. Read his original post. There’s much more. Give me a break now.

I’ll make sure to refrain from posting responses and opinions, on a message board set up for responses and opinions, for fear that you might get offended from now on.

jeez.
My bet is that if he and his family had been able to get into their rooms, he would never have posted at all. Read the original post.

I always go to the front desk. I do the online check in, sometimes I'll get a text while on ME to the resort, sometimes not. But I always go to the desk. I can honestly say each time I've been given a room. One time my DH MB didn't work, we just stopped by the desk on our way out. One reason I stop is I like to know where my room is. I consider it a "perk" if the agent can move us to a better location (never hurts to ask) ... But the OP had a frustrating situation. I understand he wasted time waiting for a "runner" but I think I would've hoofed it back just to get it fixed ASAP. As far as compensation, I believe too many people expect "miracle" pixie dust results for some moderate problems. And as a previous poster pointed out, if Disney were to hand out FP for every tiny goof, the FP lines would be off the chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter