Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

So quick question, we moved our cruise before it was cancelled today and we were wondering if we still qualify for the additional credit on the next cruise. Has anyone had any luck with that?

No email here yet, but I did send a note to my TA that I want cash back......BUT we have a different credit card number now (same card) will that matter?

No, having a different cc number, though it's still the same card, will not matter. The refund will show up on that cc account.

So quick question, we moved our cruise before it was cancelled today and we were wondering if we still qualify for the additional credit on the next cruise. Has anyone had any luck with that?

Yes, DCL has been retroactively applying the 25% FCC for guests who modified or cancelled prior to the cruise being officially canceled. They haven't officially announced it for this round of cancellations, yet, so keep your eye out for an e-mail or notice. Here is the announcement from the last round of Magic cancellations:

"Disney Cruise Line is reaching out to guests who were originally booked on a Disney Magic sailing that was scheduled to depart between May 23 and June 7, 2020 and who moved their sail date due to concerns about the new coronavirus (COVID-19) between January 30-April 15, 2020. Since then, with the wellbeing of Guests and team members as the top priority and in line with direction from health experts and government officials, Disney Cruise Line has cancelled these sailings.

Disney Cruise Line would now like to offer an additional future cruise credit* equal to 25% of their original voyage fare to use toward the reservation they modified. Once your clients’ modified reservation is paid in full, any remaining future cruise credit will be applied to their shipboard account as a non-refundable onboard credit.

If circumstances have changed and they would now like to cancel the reservation they modified, they may do so for a full refund of the original voyage fare they paid."

We are on that cruise. I’m not cancelling because we would lose money. And frankly we are willing to go if they don’t cancel.
Same with us. I am actually hoping they cancel so we can get our money back but if they dont..............we will go. We have a concierge room so we would really lose a ton to cancel

Same with us. I am actually hoping they cancel so we can get our money back but if they dont..............we will go. We have a concierge room so we would really lose a ton to cancel

The no cancellation policy for concierge has been a deal breaker for me all along, but in a time like this I would have expected them to understand if people want to cancel. :( I hope it works out for you.

We got the cancelation today for our June 13 Greek Isles cruise. We are really disappointed to not be going this summer, but there is no way we'd get near a ship right now. We do plan on taking the same cruise next year, assuming there is some resolution to COVID-19 and the experience is safe and magical. We decided not to take the 125% credit, because the same cruise next year is a day shorter and our room $5K less, so we would have been left with a huge on-board credit. Instead we took the full refund and booked a room on the June 19, 2021 cruise. That way only the small deposit is "at risk" and if things don't look good in February we can cancel and get a refund on the deposit. We really love Disney and hope the best for their cast members and crew, during this difficult time. Also, huge kudos to Disney for making the refund process so easy and it was great to have options.

I know many of us on these boards are Rick Steves fans. He just announced today that he is canceling all of his tours through August 15. That makes me sad as he has been going for 35 years in a row and I very much trust his opinion about the safety of traveling. In my mind his company is kind of the Disney of tour groups (as far as ethics/service).

I received my cruise confirmation email today but they already sent it to me several weeks ago. It's the exact same email so I guess it was sent by mistake.

Yes, DCL has been retroactively applying the 25% FCC for guests who modified or cancelled prior to the cruise being officially canceled. They haven't officially announced it for this round of cancellations, yet, so keep your eye out for an e-mail or notice. Here is the announcement from the last round of Magic cancellations:

"Disney Cruise Line is reaching out to guests who were originally booked on a Disney Magic sailing that was scheduled to depart between May 23 and June 7, 2020 and who moved their sail date due to concerns about the new coronavirus (COVID-19) between January 30-April 15, 2020. Since then, with the wellbeing of Guests and team members as the top priority and in line with direction from health experts and government officials, Disney Cruise Line has cancelled these sailings.

Disney Cruise Line would now like to offer an additional future cruise credit* equal to 25% of their original voyage fare to use toward the reservation they modified. Once your clients’ modified reservation is paid in full, any remaining future cruise credit will be applied to their shipboard account as a non-refundable onboard credit.

If circumstances have changed and they would now like to cancel the reservation they modified, they may do so for a full refund of the original voyage fare they paid."

Do you know how long it took to get that email after they cancelled the cruise?

Im expecting my September European cruise to be cancelled

I did have a April cruise but changed it to sept

I used the 125% credit plus nearly 1000 out of pocket. I'm still wanting to know if I'll get the 125% on the extra 1000 I paid if It does get cancelled

Im expecting my September European cruise to be cancelled

I did have a April cruise but changed it to sept

I used the 125% credit plus nearly 1000 out of pocket. I'm still wanting to know if I'll get the 125% on the extra 1000 I paid if It does get cancelled

which September European cruise are you on? I am on the 5 Night Western Europe from Dover 13 September. This is the cruise meet up thread hereon Dis Boards https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-europe-from-dover-13-september-2020.3760176/ I have posted a ton of information about London, Dover, and the ports :)

I think they'd like it to sail, but it's out of DCL's hands. Everything is up to the local ports and governments. I think international travel will have resumed by then.

hopefully. But I just don’t see a way cruises can go safely with out a vaccine. Surly there will be a massive risk to the virus if going on a cruise with no vaccine

Did everyone get their cancellation emails yesterday? I was on the May 23rd that just got cancelled and yet to receive an email. I need the cancellation email to cancel my travel insurance. I know they have my correct email address because they sent an email back in March saying they were still confident that my May cruise would sail.

Did everyone get their cancellation emails yesterday? I was on the May 23rd that just got cancelled and yet to receive an email. I need the cancellation email to cancel my travel insurance. I know they have my correct email address because they sent an email back in March saying they were still confident that my May cruise would sail.
It took 24 hours to receive mine, I was in the previous wave of cancellations. Why do you need to use your travel insurance, you will get made whole by DCL.

I don't need to use my travel insurance, but they will refund me what I paid for the travel insurance if I show them my cruise was cancelled.

The insurance co may refund the money paid for the policy if your cruise is canceled and can show you got all your money back. So it’s not to make a claim on the policy but it’s like making a “return” on a product you didn’t use.

It took 24 hours to receive mine, I was in the previous wave of cancellations. Why do you need to use your travel insurance, you will get made whole by DCL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter