Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

Interesting. But, IMO, essentially useless lip service the cruise lines are proposing in a desperate attempt to appease the various government entities that want to cease cruise ship operations for the time being.

I seriously doubt you’ll find a physician to write a letter testifying to the fitness of a 70+ year old person to take a cruise when the State Department and CDC are saying “Avoid cruising” to this same demographic. Who is going to risk that kind of liability? A physician might think the person is fit to cruise, but they aren’t going to put it in writing and have an official trail of bad advice for Granny’s heirs to use in the malpractice lawsuit.

But that doesn’t matter because people without pre-existing conditions and those under 70 can still get coronavirus and still spread it all over port cities....
I saw online that NCL is sending out emails about restricting cruising for those over 70. E3EC0D6B-4E48-4016-AB79-BAE07BD5F679.jpeg

I saw online that NCL is sending out emails about restricting cruising for those over 70. View attachment 480369
Thats just a feel good measure. What good does a certificate of fitness do? If they get sick, its still a **** show on board and perfectly healthy people are getting the virus as well as the old and frail and unfortunately, I don’t think the certificate is gonna inoculate that group from the virus.

Thats just a feel good measure. What good does a certificate of fitness do? If they get sick, its still a **** show on board and perfectly healthy people are getting the virus as well as the old and frail and unfortunately, I don’t think the certificate is gonna inoculate that group from the virus.
I agree. I am glad we cruised at the beginning of February if we had a cruise booked for in the next 3 months I would rebook. I work in healthcare and I think it won't be long before the province tells healthcare workers that they can not travel outside of the country.

I agree. I am glad we cruised at the beginning of February if we had a cruise booked for in the next 3 months I would rebook. I work in healthcare and I think it won't be long before the province tells healthcare workers that they can not travel outside of the country.
Both colleges in my area, as well as the majority of the school districts have no travel edicts as of today. Denver has positive airport workers. What good is a certificate and a checkpoint. Lol. Sad sad lol.

E3EC0D6B-4E48-4016-AB79-BAE07BD5F679.jpeg
So if you are 70 years old and have some permanent medical condition that would prevent a doctor from signing some form, how is a future cruise certificate going to help. You will still be too old and ill to travel then

President Trump said he would be suspending all travel from Europe for the next 30 days starting Friday. The restrictions will not apply to Britain

There was just a special report....no mention of cruising but the President just suspended all travel from Europe into the United States for 30 days starting on Friday. The UK is excluded.

MJ

I didn’t wanna cancel my cruise but this **** is starting to get me nervous this stupid media

The media isn't spreading the virus... it isn't causing hospitals to choose who to treat... it isn't closing borders... it isn't making anyone wash their hands even. I mean no disrespect when I say, people SHOULD be nervous in my opinon. Not panicky, not frantic... but nervous is fine. It helps people make good choices. Things aren't normal right now. :confused3

I didn’t wanna cancel my cruise but this **** is starting to get me nervous this stupid media
Even though it's not the media's fault I get what you're saying. Maybe don't watch the news for a while and stay off social media. I think its time for some Netflix binge-watching. :happytv:

Port of Seattle isn't letting the first two ships with port of call here stop. April 1 and 5, they are part of longer cruises so not ending or starting here. No decision yet of the first cruise of the season April 15 which is a holland america ship.

Article here

How do know there won’t be people with underlying conditions on your new cruise? Not everyone on the cruise in is your facebook group.

i have been hardcore all along but now my kids are having severe anxiety over this. seems like everyone is canceling. I am going to sleep on it and see what the cruise lines do tomorrow. Did not realize the kids were glued to Apple news on their iPhones! How is everyone else out there doing?

i have been hardcore all along but now my kids are having severe anxiety over this. seems like everyone is canceling. I am going to sleep on it and see what the cruise lines do tomorrow. Did not realize the kids were glued to Apple news on their iPhones! How is everyone else out there doing?
Ah, that's too bad. My kids aren't too worried about it. Can you move it to late Summer or Fall break?

We are on the Fantasy April 4. We are planning to go unless Disney cancels. We already have an April 2021 cruise booked and summer trip to Paris then December trip to Hawaii, so no other week to rebook to for ya. Would rather just have the refund. Kids are nervous about other kids not being on the ship. And no one to hang out with.
But as of now , if the ship is a go, then we are gonna go.

My kids are the same way. Doesn’t help that I am sick after getting off the boat and having to get swabbed today. I’ve been trying to put the information into data sets he can digest (he’s 7) and use analogies he will understand. Theres quite a but of misinformation in their little community and they don’t understand that there are plenty of people who get well, so we are trying to drive that home. We are also really harping on the face touching, nose picking, hand washing, etc to change habits. Their anxieties mostly revolve around us getting sick and what happens if that happens, so we are working on “planning,” to get sick and what that would mean or look like and how it won’t be as bad as they think.

We are on the Fantasy April 4. We are planning to go unless Disney cancels. We already have an April 2021 cruise booked and summer trip to Paris then December trip to Hawaii, so no other week to rebook to for ya. Would rather just have the refund. Kids are nervous about other kids not being on the ship. And no one to hang out with.
We're sailing out of Copenhagen in August. If Disney doesn't extend the 24-hour cancellation policy by mid-April. I'll have to move the cruise and move it back the last minute if things calm down and the travel bans are lifted. My back up plan is Panama in November. We've cruised so much I'm running out itinerary's we haven't done.

We're sailing out of Copenhagen in August. If Disney doesn't extend the 24-hour cancellation policy by mid-April. I'll have to move the cruise and move it back the last minute if things calm down and the travel bans are lifted. My back up plan is Panama in November. We've cruised so much I'm running out itinerary's we haven't done.
Good grief we are also sailing out of Copenhagen in August! Had not thought of that yet....

That is what they are worried about. And not being able to serve their own ice cream or do pin trading!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter