Costco car rental

friendoffigment

DIS Veteran
when renting through costco must the costco member be the driver on record. my wife is the member but i am the one who usually drives so i would be the renter. she will be in the car.

I’d read their fine print but I’d say no. Two reasons: when you reserve and are signed in via her membership you still have to fill in the renter information - it does not default to holder of the membership. Secondly, Costco’s negotiated rate and terms include the additional driver.

I rented a car through Costco a couple of times over the holidays. When I made the reservations online at Costco Travel, I was able to make the reservation through my Costco account, but in my husband’s name since he would be driving. It even stated online that you can make the reservation in someone else’s name. I also was told when we were at the Enterprise car rental counter picking up he car, that spouse are automatically covered as a driver. However that may have been an Enterprise rule, not a Costco rule.

My concern with a credit card that gives primary insurance is that the name on the rental matches the name on the card used to pay..

I rented a car through Costco a couple of times over the holidays. When I made the reservations online at Costco Travel, I was able to make the reservation through my Costco account, but in my husband’s name since he would be driving. It even stated online that you can make the reservation in someone else’s name. I also was told when we were at the Enterprise car rental counter picking up he car, that spouse are automatically covered as a driver. However that may have been an Enterprise rule, not a Costco rule.
It's for certain an Enterprise policy. No clue on Costco, we don't use them

It's for certain an Enterprise policy. No clue on Costco, we don't use them
It's a Costco policy as well. I only rent through Costco and you can make the reservation under the non-member's name. (FYI- some companies have asked for the 2nd driver's license, other's have not)

I rent all the time thru Costco. I don’t drive the rental. Spouse is automatically covered and no Xtra fee. I have used his cc to pay, also a non issue.
If you feel better, set up ur own Costco acct online and just put it in ur name under her Costco number anduse ur cc.
Safe travels and enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter