Costco food court will require showing a membership card now

I'm fascinated by people who hold memberships for just home use- what do you buy? Where do you put it? I remember my dad having a card long ago, but we were only a family of 3 living in a small house so really there was no point buying anything in that large a quantity LOL

Family of 3: We shop at a wholesale club every couple of months and get things like

Toilet paper and paper towel (stored in laundry room)
Bulk snacks like peanuts/trail mix for hypoglycemic DH family who keeps them stashed at home, work, car, etc.
Large size laundry detergent
Some toiletries (multipacks of DH's soap and deodorant)
Some frozen meals for the occasional "emergency" nights when we need something fast
Yogurt (DH eats yogurt daily)
Some other cleaning supplies

and other usual grocery items if we have a good coupon and the price beats our regular grocery store.

I'm fascinated by people who hold memberships for just home use- what do you buy? Where do you put it? I remember my dad having a card long ago, but we were only a family of 3 living in a small house so really there was no point buying anything in that large a quantity LOL

Toilet paper
Paper towels
Cat food
Milk
Half and half
Eggs
Cheese
Frozen snacks
Vitamins
Makeup remover
Kleenex
Prepared foods
Chicken breasts

I only buy what I know I have room for. We are a family of 3 humans and 3 cats. :)

I don't know if they' regularly sell coffins, but it wouldn't surprise me if they had some roadshow seller that did. Their roadshow sales can be pretty interesting.

They are still there. When my FIL passed away, our funeral home said we couldbnot use a Costco casket because it could not be delivered to our local area (can't remember the specifics). They did end up discounting their casket from $3k to $1.5k after we showed them Costco's price of $1k. They got us when my MIL passed away a couple of months later though - they would only discount her casket to $2k.

They are still there. When my FIL passed away, our funeral home said we couldbnot use a Costco casket because it could not be delivered to our local area (can't remember the specifics). They did end up discounting their casket from $3k to $1.5k after we showed them Costco's price of $1k. They got us when my MIL passed away a couple of months later though - they would only discount her casket to $2k.
I looked at them when my dad died, but we didn’t have enough time for delivery.

When my late MIL was dying from breast cancer, she picked out her casket from Costco online. She refused to pay the prices from a funeral home. Yes, she bought and paid for everything before she passed away.

A lot of people pay for their own funerals in advance either via a life insurance policy , prior arrangments made with funeral homes or their savings. It can be pretty messy when someone dies and there are no funds.

Well, I stopped at Costco this morning to pick up a few items and cash in my rebate check. I have never seen the store so unbelievably crowded.

This was a picture I took of the checkout line. There were three lines like this and then as they approached the checkout area (all registers were open, never have seen that before), the three lines split down into about ten lines. And this was at 10 AM opening. I was there about 9:45 (that's when I go to Costco, at opening time). The picture was taken at 10:39.

After checking out, I ordered a pizza to take home. We have never had a Costco pizza. It was huge, only $10. Took it home and Marie and I ate a bit less than half for lunch. She had 2 pieces, I had 3. I guess 7 are left. And it was very good. Not Chicago pizza excellent, but it was good.

Well, I stopped at Costco this morning to pick up a few items and cash in my rebate check. I have never seen the store so unbelievably crowded.

This was a picture I took of the checkout line. There were three lines like this and then as they approached the checkout area (all registers were open, never have seen that before), the three lines split down into about ten lines. And this was at 10 AM opening. I was there about 9:45 (that's when I go to Costco, at opening time). The picture was taken at 10:39.

View attachment 478323

After checking out, I ordered a pizza to take home. We have never had a Costco pizza. It was huge, only $10. Took it home and Marie and I ate a bit less than half for lunch. She had 2 pieces, I had 3. I guess 7 are left. And it was very good. Not Chicago pizza excellent, but it was good.
Some people were mentioning how crowded and out of certain supplies their Costco was on the Coronavirus threads.

It's possible it's related to the purchasing of goods to stock pile, I can't remember is this also the last day for their warehouse savings or was that a day or two ago? That might also lead to additional customers.

Some people were mentioning how crowded and out of certain supplies their Costco was on the Coronavirus threads.

It's possible it's related to the purchasing of goods to stock pile, I can't remember is this also the last day for their warehouse savings or was that a day or two ago? That might also lead to additional customers.
Today is last day of current sale stuff. Tomorrow is a new sale period. But I have been here on these days before.

As to the coronavirus, maybe that was it. My town and this Costco are one town over from where there currently are 2 patients in the hospital isolation now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter