• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Costumes onboard at Halloween

KVH

DIS Veteran
For those who have been onboard on 10/31, do a LOT of adults really wear costumes? I'm sure a majority of kids do dress up, but was wondering whether going through the effort to bring a bunch of extra stuff for one evening is worth it or make one end up feeling out of place. I don't mean putting on a sash and a hat and saying "I'm a pirate" but more serous cosplay.

We did a HOTH Mexican cruise a few years ago and there were plenty of adults dressed up in costumes. You would definitely not feel out of place. We saw lots of fun costumes and the adult ones were honestly the best!

Many many do. Not everybody, maybe not even most? But if you dress up seriously you definitely won't feel out of place. (I wore a black dress and got big round black sunglasses to do a sort of Edna Mode bound rather than a full costume.)

We did the EBPC cruise in 2018 for Halloween and a lot of adults wore costumes. Actually, there weren't a ton of kids so it was mostly adults, but yes. We saw a lot of Mr. Frederickson's from UP! Our group of all adults actually won a prize for best costumes for a group!

Last edited:

Lots of family costumes. They did an adult costume contest as well and WOW some people are big Halloween people.

My wife dressed as a witch and I went as Obi Wan Kenobi (ala Alec Guinness) The other couple at our table dressed in costumes also.
We went trick or treating later that evening.
We had a great time.
All part of the magic.
Enjoy!

For those who have been onboard on 10/31, do a LOT of adults really wear costumes? I'm sure a majority of kids do dress up, but was wondering whether going through the effort to bring a bunch of extra stuff for one evening is worth it or make one end up feeling out of place. I don't mean putting on a sash and a hat and saying "I'm a pirate" but more serous cosplay.

Love your thumbnail!
IMG_4270.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: KVH

We did the EBPC cruise in 2018 for Halloween and a lot of adults wore costumes. Actually, there weren't a ton of kids so it was mostly adults, but yes. We saw a lot of Mr. Frederickson's fro UP! Our group of all adults actually won a prize for best costumes for a group!
We were on this cruise
Practically everyone wore it
It was a fabulous cruise
Which was your costume again?

Do it for yourself, regardless what the other adults are doing. If you are into the more serious cosplay, you know what kind of attention you can get with an elaborate costume. Dressing up will make you feel great, you will get sucked into the energy and you & your costume will give energy to the others.

We've done it and love it. One year I went as scarecrow and my friend went as Dorothy. One year there were 18 of us who went as Dalmatians and our friends little girl went as cruella.

There is an adults costume contest for best costume and I think best group costume.

Its not everyone's thing and luggage space can be tight- but you only live once!

We were on this cruise
Practically everyone wore it
It was a fabulous cruise
Which was your costume again?

We were the Cinderella group. My neighbors dressed as Anastasia and Drusilla, their disabled daughter was Cinderella and I was Lady Tremaine. We had so much fun playing our parts throughout the night!

We were on the 2017 EBPC cruise which also sailed over 10/31. My DH is not a costume kind of guy but agreed to dress up for dinner as it was Halloween. We wore our children’s graduation caps and gowns as they packed fairly flat and compact. We could just put them on over our regular clothes which was also a plus. It was a fun way to participate and DH enjoyed himself after all! If I remember correctly I would say well over half the adults were dressed up as well as the majority of the children. I was hesitant to use valuable suitcase space on costumes but I was glad I did.

Reactions: KVH
We have done several Halloween and have always dressed up. Lots of adults do. There was a Maleficent on our a few years ago that was incredible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter