Could HIFS have 2 TYPES of Kidsuites??CALLING all those disappionted byHIFS Kidsuite

tink2dw

Pixie Dust or Bust!!
I found this on the Hotels page advertised as 70% off on the floridaorlandotickets.com site. There are two disscriptions and room types listed for the Kidsuites. I was wondering if this is why there are differing opinions lately about the HIFS Kidsuites??

We had the King bed in the Master bedroom and the nintendo in the Kidsuite. And our stay was Great!! I also went through the Bass Hotels HIFS website to reserve our room.

I would like to know how those disappointment with the HIFS Kidsuite reserved their room,the bed size in the Master Bedroom??
Do you think we should be reservering Room Type?

HOLIDAY INN FAMILY SUITES

14500 CONTINENTAL GATEWAY
ORLANDO, FL 32821
DWNTN DISNEY 1.5 MILES
Room Types:

Note that not all room types may be available for a specific date of stay.

**1**- Room Type 1 - TWO BEDROOM KIDSUITE

Room Type 2- Residential Suite 1-bdrm suite with King bed and 25" TV, sleeper sofa in living area with 36" TV, FULL KITCHEN, 2 vanity areas, full bath.

**2** - Room Type 3 - 2-bdrm KidSuite Bunk beds w/ sleeper sofa with 20" TV & Nintendo 64 in kid's room, king bed in main bdrm, sleeper sofa in living area.

Room Type 4- 2-bdrm Classic Suite Queen bed in each bdrm, sleeper sofa in living area, refrigerator/microwave/ coffeemaker, 3 TVs, 1 full bathroom.
Room Type 5- SWEETHEART SUITE 1-2

Here is the link,
http://www.180096hotel.com/cgi-bin/...=db1&qKey=C6654717365828&HtlId=ORL+FAMI&Smk=N

I'm not sure, but I think the only two types of kidsuites is that one of them has a pull out trundle on the lower bunk sleeping 3 kids in there instead of two. When we reserved a kidsuite we did it through the hotel directly. There was a king in the master, bunk beds in the kidsuite (no trundle) and a pull out sofa sleeper. There was the Nintendo in the kidsuite also. I was disappointed with the accomodations. It just wasn't what I was expected. I felt it was very tiny. Everyone differs in what they are use to in a hotel. When I read about and researched the place, I just got a mental image of it being "spacious" and when I walked in, it felt sooo cramped. Glad that you enjoyed your stay, though.
Jenn

We stayed at the HIFS (off-site for the first time) over Thanksgiving, booking through Expedia. I just think one needs to have realistic expectations. Yes, our living area was small and really wouldn't have seated our party of 2 adults and 3 teens comfortably for long, but in return my mom and I had a private room away from the MTV and Nintendo generation. (I have never done this before and I aboslutely loved it!) Yes, the kid's "room" was tiny, but the girls did have some privacy from 16 year old DS ( and were able to trash it at will without upsetting me). 3 TV's took care of the arguing over channels (No "If you two don't cut it out this minute and let me see the weather we're not going anywhere!... and I mean it!). The fridge was small and there was "only" a microwave, but it was more than I'd had before. Yes, the decor was wierd for a party of teens and adults but we weren't here for romance. I don't know if you can get a non-themed kidsuite, choo-choo's were all that was available to us at my price and location request. No, the breakfast buffet wasn't Cordon Bleu but I don't expect Eggs Benedict and Mimosas from a place that is willing to feed a healthy American 16 year old male for free. I'm just trying to say that for us the "suite" at HIFS was preferable to a room at the YC which was more than double the price with no kitchenette, breakfast or private areas. The HIFS room is not smaller, its just blocked off into several small, but private, areas. I really, really liked having an "adult" room with a door, a blessed door, with a lock. We are usually a party of 4 and stay at the All Stars or a moderate (if I can get a good deal) but I think dollar for dollar the HIFS compares very favorably. For a party of 5 or more I don think I would even consider staying at an onsite hotel unless I got an outstandingly good deal.

The most disappointing thing at the HIFS was the shuttle. I had counted on letting the kids use it, but the whole limited schedule and 24 hour reservation thing just seemed like too much of a pain and it didn't run very late the week we were there. If I hadn't had a car my opinion on staying off-site might have been very different. As it was, driving was absolutely no problem. The HIFS is very, very close to EPCOT and MGM.

So, my point is that if your looking for luxurious, sophisticated accomodations this is not the place for you. Since my experience with the above is somewhat limited (we're more the Days Inn type) I found this hotel clean, convenient and a good value. I obsessed somewhat excessively over changing my ressies from the YC after reading negative posts. Now I have to say I can't regret it since we had a great time and I saved over $700 on the room and an additional (and unexpected) $500 on food.

Jennifer...I just replied on another thread before I read yours and I couldn't agree with you more! I'm concerned that some people who would really enjoy this hotel are going to change their plans because of the negative comments. "Realistic expectations" is the same term I used!

The do have a kidsuite with two twin beds in the kid's room instead of the bunks. Good for families with really little kids too young for the top bunk. The first time I went I was also surprised at the smallness of the rooms. They do look much, much larger in the pictures. I think the advertising is a bit misleading which probably lends itself to people being disappointed. We were fine with it though, and even stayed again (but wear and tear was really showing on our second stay - I'm sure they didn't spring for top-notch fixtures.) And, I agree that the shuttle was a bit cumbersome. Still, it can be a good deal if you watch for low prices and have a car anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter