COuld it possibly rain the entire time we're there???

Disney Princess 6

<font color=purple>I'm Eeyore's human counterpart
The extended forecast for Orlando for 3/8 to 3/15 looks terrible! Rain, rain, rain. If I take my kiddos down there and it rains for 7 days straight, I'm going to literally cry. They are so excited. I just can't believe the forecast looks so bad!

Ugh!!!

Yes it can rain the entire time, happened to our friends. However Disney is the one destination where you can still have the time of your life in the rain. We went in September 01 for 4 days and it was overcast, drizzly the entire trip and it was the best trip we ever had. The weather is what you make of it, if you cry over something you cannot control then you will be miserable. If you pop up your umbrella, pull on your poncho and put on a smile, then you will have fun.

Yes it can, but predicting Orlando weather is sometimes a great guesing game. When we went last summer, it had rained for 2 weeks straight before we got there. We had MANY friends whos vacations were complete washouts. It was downpours EVERY day ALL day. They were predicting for this to continue during our vacation. Well, I packed the ponchos and hoped for the best. On our first day, it POURED ALL DAY!!! So, I expected it to continue, but it didn't rain until the day we left!!! Except at night, but hey, I'm sleeping so it didn't bother me. Don't worry about the rain. Most of the lines for rides are under cover, and there is nothing like running through the rain at WDW!!!!

The extended forecast for Orlando for 3/8 to 3/15 looks terrible! Rain, rain, rain.

Which service are you using? I checked accuweather.com this morning (we are there the same dates as you) and it was pretty similar.

However, that's pretty far out (15 day forecast), and things can change within a day or two.

Let's hope for the best. We have our ponchos packed just in case. Maybe the rain will thin the crowds and let us get more rides in.

I remember your weather post from last week. I checked Accuweather too and it said rain, rain, rain. I checked it last week and it looked like it might be cool and cloudy - which would be way better than rain! I don't think I'd mind the rain too much if it were just DH & I. But I don't want it to rain all over my 2 & 4 year olds. I'd hate for their first trip to be a washout. I'm praying that forecast will change. My in laws are down there now and they said it's raining today. I was hoping it would all be done at the end of the week.

go to target or the dollar store and buy a bunch(3 for each family member) of the dollar rain ponchos in a color other than yellow. Also grab a box of sandwhich sized ziplock bags. Use them as you need them, theyll be easier to spot if they arent yellow like the wdw ones. they are thin enough to stuff into the ziplocks, and cheap enough to toss if they tear. if you can find kid sized ones, just get adult sized ones and tie the bottoms in knots. you can return any you dont open.

also get a rain cover for your stroller. cover it any time you leave it unattended. rain can come down unexpectedly while your on a ride. we learned this the hard way. now if your stroller does get soaked, diapers work great for sucking up excess rain.

Go have fun!

The forecast for next week has changed already. Check out accuweather now - showing sunny days for at least part of the week.

Knowing how things can change, I've still been looking around for rain covers for our stroller. No one seems to carry them around us (wal-mark, toys r us, etc.). Any suggestions on where to find one (we're bringing a double stroller)?

My gosh - now that really is 100% different than what I saw earlier today. I guess maybe be won't actually know until we get closer. It's certainly more uplifting right now than it was earlier today. I won't put any faith in it, however.

Thanks for the above tip about the ponchos and the stroller covers. That is something I had not considered, but you're right - a wet stroller would be a real hassle. I have no clue where to get a stroller cover. I bet they sell them at like One Step Ahead (the catalog), but I don't have time to order from them. What about just getting a big unlined plastic tablecloth and using that to cover the stroller?

i know babies r us carries single stroller covers, also burlington coat factory. ill do some digging around for a double cover.

combistrollerstore.com

they have rain covers for double strollers: side by side and front and back double strollers. they also have single covers and jogger covers. they all run about $10.

I can relate to the soaked stroller. The same thing happened to us-the basket on the bottom of our stroller had about 2 inches of water standing in it. We had to take it back to the room and blow dry it. We bought an adult-sized poncho and tied it over the stroller.

Thanks for the help! I looked everywhere for these (including on-line) and couldn't find one for the "in-line" double stroller. I'm ordering one of these from combistrollerstore.com today.

We are going that week as well and checked weather.com and they were predicting that it was going to rain this week and be partly cloudy the week we are there. Of course a lot can happen between now and then. If it rains, go to AK. The animals are much more active when it rains! Oh wait, DON"T go to AK. That way *I* can enjoy the more active animals with fewer people :teeth:

:earsgirl:

Last June while we were there it poured every day. the benefits were smaller crowds and it definately kept the temps. down. You just need to have a positive attitude and make the best of what you have. I'd suggest taking extra shoes and socks so you can change. Wish I had thought of it when we were there, but I'd even consider wearing water-shoes depending on how much rain is forecast. Good luck and hope you see the sunshine!:D

I think I'd better quit looking at the forecast until about Thursday evening. I hope we at least get some nice days. I don't need sun, but no rain would be good.

dont even look. just pack your rain gear, keep the cover on the stroller and go. be breezy and enjoy yourself.

We were there last June and it rained every day. By the last day, I was a little tired of being wet, but we made the most of it. I suggest bringing and wearing watershoes if it looks like rain.

My kids actually LIKED the rain, and my 3 y/o refused to wear his poncho because he WANTED to get wet!! Kids adapt much better than we adults do....I'm sure they will have a GREAT time regardless of the weather.

Hi all,

We're going March 10-16, also with very young children, and I just checked weather.com (although everyone seems to be relying on accuweather. Is that better?). It DOES indicate "isolated" and "scattered" thunderstorms most weekdays next week, but I lived near Orlando for years and what that forecast suggests to me is that it will be warm and humid with a thunderstorm in the late afternoon. Rain here in Maine means a rainy day. Rain in Orlando is more often a very brief storm or shower.

Hope this helps.

--Mainebound

I tried the Dollar Store, Wal-Mart, and KMart. Does anyone know where else I should look? All these stores seemed to have is rain bonnets - which I think is pretty funny. Must be tons of people who need rain bonnets because the stores were stocked to the hilt with them!

Thank you...

I always tell people never to schedule their WDW trip when I do. We always have rain. Everyday. Since 1990, we haven't had a WDW trip without it. Matter of fact, last trip, the day we arrived at ASMu, it was pouring. A CM there told us how happy they were there for the rain. They had just come off a huge drought. Well, it rained the whole time we were there. We had an occasional hour or so where it was barely drizzling, and used that time to swim or go to the waterparks. All other times, it was pouring so hard that they were closed.

Did we have a rotten time? No way.:D We just threw on our ponchos and did the World. Being wet at WDW is better than being dry here at home anytime. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter